Anyone on this site in their 40's or 50's.

Options

Replies

• terryanne1
    Options
    I'm 52 and joined a week ago. Count me in! I've only lost 3lbs since joining, but I also go to weight watchers and have lost a total of 19.8 lbs. There are a few of us from work who are using the site and supporting each other. You're not alone and YOU CAN DO IT!
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just turned 43 in May and started Les Mills Pump yesterday.
  • ltkasmala
    ltkasmala Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I turned 52 in June and, according to my "feed", have been on this site 50 days in a row now! :) Lost about 17 pounds during that time! It has certainly helped me a lot! :bigsmile:
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 years and not ready for a wheelchair yet. Yesterday I ran 6 miles. Today I biked 30 miles. Course, tomorrow I may have to fall on the floor to get out of bed, but . . . . . .
  • drsmithtft
    drsmithtft Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    47 tomorrow. Ennis, Tc
  • blankcanvas
    Options
    54 and female from British Columbia, Canada. I am very interested in getting friends who are facing similar issues, struggles, successes. Anyone else please invite me to be friends. This is only my second day.

I just turned 54 as well, we definitely have different issues than those younger than us! Feel free to friend me..we can probably help each other with specific issues like menopause, ugh! At this point, from what I understand, all this daily exercise and food journaling is at least keeping me from gaining even more weight through this...!
  • diannstover
    diannstover Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and trying to lose those last 30 lbs.. I am on HCG drops and doing well. Is anyone on the drops.. They are from Tree 4 Life. I defiantly need encouragement.. It is hard.. I have exercised since I was 25 yrs. old but gain weight. I have been on a roller coaster for some time now with ups and downs. I exercise faithfully 3 - 4 days a week ever since..
  • rastover1967
    Options
    Yes we are out there. I am 45 just started MFP 2 days ago.
  • rrtnrn
    rrtnrn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    51 in June. Add me too!!
  • kima1144
    kima1144 Posts: 28
    Options
    CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW I CAN PUT UP MY OWN MESSAGE BOARD IM TRYING TO MEET NEW PEOPLE IN MY TOWN TO WORK OUT WITH BUT KNOW HOW TO REPLY TO MESSAGE NOT MAKE ONE
  • sferguson65
    sferguson65 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am 47. My body says I sm older my heart says I am younger. :glasses:
  • chatipati1
    chatipati1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Pysically, but mentally about 20ish lol
  • leereyn39
    Options
    I am 43 and i started on MFP a little over a month ago
  • pauliethesaint
    Options
    43 in 3 weeks! (eep!)
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 - and boy is loosing harder now
  • bedeeda
    bedeeda Posts: 21
    Options
    43 on the 31st of this month :-D
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    46 here. 39 years to go (hopefully)
  • jpohoney
    jpohoney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    just turned 41...I don't feel like I am this old!
  • Lcmcks
    Lcmcks Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi...I am 55 and have been using MFP for a few months now. I agree that our bodies are different from all the young one who can just say they're dieting and lose weight! I just joined Beyond Diet (not free) which is simply a gluten free diet. I'm not here to advertise for them, but I really like what it's done for me. I've lost 17lbs since starting MFP but 8 of those were in the first week of that program. What I like the most...I feel better than I have in years!!! I'm here if anyone needs a "get healthy" buddy!!! Linda
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I am 48. I have been with MFP since the end of March. Lost 37lb and 83" so far.

I wish you all the very best on your journey to a healthier happier you.