Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

25 years and up...dating questions??

Replies

• AESprouse
    AESprouse Posts: 112 Member
    I'm only 22 but I thought I'd answer anyways. When I was 14 I dated a guy that was 19. At 15 I dated a 17 year old. My girlfriend and I were both 16 while we were together. After we broke up I got with my now husband who was 36 at the time and just turned 42. When our ages were 18 and 38 we were in a polygamous relationship and I had a 15 year old girlfriend. That relationship only lasted a ittle over a month because she moved. Now it's just the 2 of us and our 2 year old son.

IMPORTANT NOTE- THE AGE OF CONSENT IN MY STATE IS 15 SO NONE OF THIS WAS ILLEGAL!!!!!
  • browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    I have dated from both ends of the spectrum - from 6 years younger then me to 10 years and since neither of those relationships lasted long I try to date guys closer to my age of 32. Anything 5 years on either side of that would be OK with me.
  • El_guapo22
    El_guapo22 Posts: 902 Member
    I'm only 22 but I thought I'd answer anyways. When I was 14 I dated a guy that was 19. At 15 I dated a 17 year old. My girlfriend and I were both 16 while we were together. After we broke up I got with my now husband who was 36 at the time and just turned 42. When our ages were 18 and 38 we were in a polygamous relationship and I had a 15 year old girlfriend. That relationship only lasted a ittle over a month because she moved. Now it's just the 2 of us and our 2 year old son.

IMPORTANT NOTE- THE AGE OF CONSENT IN MY STATE IS 15 SO NONE OF THIS WAS ILLEGAL!!!!!

I got totally lost reading this post... My brain hurts now. I think I'm too old for all this!
  • graveflower316
    graveflower316 Posts: 169 Member

I got totally lost reading this post... My brain hurts now. I think I'm too old for all this!

Haha ditto.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    I've dated guys that were my age and they just didn't do it for me.. I've always preferred older guys. Can't help it!
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    I used to date older guys, but we always had events in our lives tear us apart because we wanted different things. My current boyfriend is 13 months older than me and we've been going strong for 2 years :)
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Well my husband is only 6 months older than me but if I were still on the market, I'd date older men.....like in their 40's.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    I've never been with someone my age or younger (in any way actually) The youngest guy I've been with is was just under 4 years older than me. The guy I dated most recently and am still kind of with is almost 6 years older. Most of the guys I've been interested are in their late 20's. Maybe I'm mature for my age. I don't know. But I don't think it's that strange to date older. I don't find men my own age appealing most of the time.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    I have no preference. I would date a 22 year old a 32 year old or a 42 year old it all depends on the person.
  • MelissaAnn1983
    MelissaAnn1983 Posts: 149 Member
    I refuse to come to grips that I am about to be 30. So yes I will be a cougar. I need my leopard print.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    I have dated guys who were anywhere between 7 years younger(when I was 23) and 5 years older. I am not sure I'd want to go outside that range still. My current bf is about 2 years older than I am. We seem to be good so far. It's been a bit over 2 years now, as a long distance relationship.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Lol not too sure but the old guys sure are strange. I just ended things with someone who was in their early 40s when it turned out he had 40 years of issues and crazy habits. I'm gonna stick to my age range from now on!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    I prefer my age range, typically no more than 5 years older and no more than two years younger. Anything out of that bracket freaks me out.
  • My boyfriend is 34 years old, I'm 27. He's 7 years older. Honestly I do not see the age difference in us. We love the same things, he's cool with my younger stuff that I like (like Rainbow Brite, Jem, etc lol), but we still can act like teenagers and don't have a problem with it. I honestly think it's all in the person that you meet and if it clicks. I've tried to date guys my age, never worked out. I just had one rule, if you are old enough to be my dad NO WAY. I never really thought about dating younger, as I knew I didn't want that, I wanted my age or older. Younger ones just weren't mature enough for me yet.
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    I'm 42 and seem to attract younger women. Women in their 20's and early 30's and I don't get it. I've dated 17 years older than me but not really anyone my age. I also seem to be a magnet for crazy because either they think I'm passive or my patience doesn't run out.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    I also seem to be a magnet for crazy

haha! Why you putting out that crazy vibe?? :D
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Lol..well i asked not for me..i have a bestie that is having a hard time finding a match..the guys that approach her are all younger..she's 34 --the last guy she went out with is 26..she wants someone her age but they havent showed interest where she llves :(
  • I'm 23. I don't feel like guys my age are at the "level" that I am at.
    I feel like I'm more mature than most guys that I know my age.

My first serious relationship was with a guy 5 1/2 years older than me, and the guy I'm talking to now is 5 years older. I don't think I'd date over 10 years, but, I wouldn't stop myself soley because of age.
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    I'm 23. I don't feel like guys my age are at the "level" that I am at.
    I feel like I'm more mature than most guys that I know my age.

My first serious relationship was with a guy 5 1/2 years older than me, and the guy I'm talking to now is 5 years older. I don't think I'd date over 10 years, but, I wouldn't stop myself soley because of age.

I completely understand..my guy is 36..im 32..we have more in common than someone my age..but i do think 10 years old and younger would be a big gap for me
  • Men reach their sexual peak in their late teens/early twenties.
    Women in their forties

I'm guessing mother nature is a cougar :-)