I don't eat clean, and I love it.

Options
13»

Replies

• Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I will never eat "clean" or any other category of "diet" you want to insert. Is it healthier? Sure I suppose it would be. Would I enjoy life nearly as much without my morning "processed" cereal and yogurt, my weekend burgers and pizza, my beers whenever??? HELL NO! Therefore... I choose to do what I want and work out like a beast to compensate. :happy:

BIG DAWWG......rockin' it, and having fun.

Yup - I agree!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    how do you eat that stuff? none of that is food

sure it is!

it's enriched flour and dried fruits and sugar and flavorings....my personal PopTart favorite, Blueberry, has 2 grams of protein and 10% of many needed vitamins.

Don't be silly..........ya, it might not be GOOD food to eat every day, but as a treat? Yuppers :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want. So far, that has been foods that I believe are most healthy for me including lots of veggies, fruit, locally raised grass finished beef, etc. It excludes almost all foods that come in a box (including poptarts, strudels, etc.) I wasn't real thrilled about it the first few weeks, but once I broke my addic...er, my *habit* of eating these instant gratification foods, I don't feel deprived at all. I intentionally choose the foods I eat and do not feel any urge to deviate from this approach. Perhaps there will come a time that I do, but so far, 7+ months in, I do not.

But I realize that there are many on this site who say that I'm doing it wrong. *shrug*
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    JofJ, don't say the "A" word!!! :laugh:

I think the biggest problem is people being far too literal when it comes to dietary explanation. I eat Paleo. Do I mean I eat 100% exactly as someone did in that time period? Hell no! I just find it far easier to say "I eat Paleo" then to say "I eat meat, fruit vegetables, and nuts 90% of the time and I don't eat dairy, grain, legumes, etc... but I also from time to time take protein shakes and a few supplemental pills, and this, and that, and the other". I agree that it is stupid to name your diet, I just find if people want to know what I eat, having a descriptive name for it seems to help with explaining things...
  • sharoncasey60
    sharoncasey60 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    wHAT is BCAA?
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    wHAT is BCAA?

Branched Chain Amino Acids