Anyone on here a mommy or does Jillian Michaels workouts?

Options

Replies

• cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Mother of four and grandmother to one. Have done 30 day Shred, doing 6 weeksixpack and also just went back to doing 30DS instead of extreme shed and shred. I alternate between those three each one a different day. Major love/hate relationship with those dvds lol
  • MelBee29
    MelBee29 Posts: 73
    Options
    I am a 30yr old mommy that did Jillian's dvds saw amazing results i lost 26lbs in 6 months !:wink:
  • scorl
    scorl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 1 busy boy! I've done Jillian's 30DS and half way through month 2 of Insanity. Trying to lose a little more weight and tone up!!!
  • veepie
    veepie Posts: 103
    Options
    I am a mummy and I do flitter between the Jillian Michaels DVDS...need to lose more weight and get back into it...would like to do 5 days a week...have 6 weeks of hols soon so will be kicking butt doing that. :)
  • tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of two girls, ages 5 years and 20 months, and have done (and loved) the following Jillian dvds:

30 Day Shred
    No More Trouble Zones
    6 Week 6 Pack

I've never done any of the above for umpteen days straight but rather just kinda rotate through them on days I don't go to the gym.
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Mom of 5..have done 30 day shred...trying to get BACK INTO SHAPE since my little boy :)
  • Lugh00
    Lugh00 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm a 33 yo SAHM, homeschooling mom of 2, 6 & 8. I'm not quite in shape, probably mostly because I really lost my routine over the last year with our 1st yr homeschooling. On the 15th (payday) we're joining the gym so that I (and my hubby) can get back to our workouts. My goal this year is to keep them going through the school year instead of slacking!

I have done JM 30DS, but apparently my shins hate all the jumping and started hurting about 2 weeks in, so now I use some of the weight routines without the dvd. I also use YourShape 2012 on the Kinect and that's great, I really enjoy that one.

Feel free to add me. :)
  • Nice
    Nice Posts: 84
    Options
    Mom of 3 boys and on level 1 day 8 of 30 day shred! Feel free to add me.
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    yes and yes... to both questions. i've done most of her workouts but not yet done body revolution.
  • ffwife97
    ffwife97 Posts: 20
    Options
    I am a proud mom of 4 children, ages 14 yrs down to almost 3 yrs. I am currently almost done with Level 2 of the 30DS. I also go to the gym and just started using kettle bells. Good to see so many moms on here. I haven't been on MFP that long but love it because it keeps me accountable to myself. Also, my two oldest, both girls, are now going to the gym with me and working out. :)
  • boggsmroz
    Options
    I'm the mom of an 18 month old little boy and work FT. I've done 30DS 2-3x in the past. I do much better outside, though. I just ran my first 1/2 marathon 2 weeks ago - trying to keep up with my running and cycling now. I strength train 1-2x/week.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • quietattheback
    quietattheback Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    hi! i'm a mum as well. also not in shape (as my pic shows..bleh). just started wk 1 of JM's 6 pack dvd. i'm on day #3. actually seeing a slight bit or toning already!
    nothing bleh about ur tummy! be proud :-)
  • icesk8ermom
    icesk8ermom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am almost 43 and a mom of 2...well kind of big now; 18 and 23. However, I work full-time and go to school full-time and trying to get into a routine before school starts up again in a few weeks. I only have 2 classes this summer and 7 this coming fall so it may be a bit challenging but I plan to stick with it!

I am currently on day 7; day 2 @ level 2 of 30 day shred. Anyone needing a friend or support person feel free to add me.

I do JM in the AM before work, 20 minutes of some sort of a machine at lunch and an hour of zumba or turbo kick after work and planning to get the hubby to train me on weights this weekend so I can add to my routine and remove some cardio.

~Good luck everyone!

**forgot to mention I am also a soccer player trying to get back into shape so I can actually contribute as a player and not just being running (dragging my behind) up and down the field!
  • quietattheback
    quietattheback Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    sorry meant to also say... i am a mum and i do jm 30ds i'm on level 2 day 2, feel free to add me...
  • icesk8ermom
    icesk8ermom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm a 33 yo SAHM, homeschooling mom of 2, 6 & 8. I'm not quite in shape, probably mostly because I really lost my routine over the last year with our 1st yr homeschooling. On the 15th (payday) we're joining the gym so that I (and my hubby) can get back to our workouts. My goal this year is to keep them going through the school year instead of slacking!

I have done JM 30DS, but apparently my shins hate all the jumping and started hurting about 2 weeks in, so now I use some of the weight routines without the dvd. I also use YourShape 2012 on the Kinect and that's great, I really enjoy that one.

Feel free to add me. :)

Have you tried level 2 yet? I also experience shin and calve pain and level 2 seems to be easier on them for me anyhow (double jump rope is probably the hardest part for me because it is at the end but there isn’t too many). Also, make sure you are stretching your calves and shins before you start this helps.

Mine actually were cramping (not Charlie horse cramping solid cramping all day long) so bad I went to the Dr. He told me to hold my stretches longer (30 sec) and that seems to be helping. Actually within the last 2 days I started holding it even longer.

Stretches: longue into the wall while placing your fore arms on the wall; bend front knee while getting a good longue and keep the back leg straight. Hold for 30 sec, switch legs. I do this two times and then do the same thing but slightly bend the back knee towards the ground for a stretch in the shin and a different muscle in the calve. Also, the last stretch JM has you do on the DVD also stretches your shins; however, I don’t do them they she does because that tends to hurt my shins and ankles…I use the same arm as the leg I am stretching.

Give this a try and see if it helps you any.

~ Good luck
  • Ivana331
    Ivana331 Posts: 230
    Options
    I am a mother of two, and just finished level 1 of the 30 day shred today, I start level 2 tomorrow. :) I have lost 4.8 lbs so far since I started here on July 30th!
  • MadelinesGrandbaby
    Options
    I’m a Mom and determined to be a FIT Mom……So people wont use me being a Mom as the reason I’m fluffy. Because I’m heavier than I was when I gave birth (8 months pregnant)!

Fit Mom on the way!
  • Jazmyn28
    Jazmyn28 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2.. I'm on Day 10 of Power 90.. I'm not in shape yet but we can encourage each other along the way :) feel free to add me :)
  • KayeG79
    KayeG79 Posts: 37
    Options
    Mom of 3 and doing 30 Day Shred. Completed day 8, level 1 today. Add me if you like.
  • KALEIDOSCOPExEYES
    Options
    mother of a beautiful 4 year old - major props to the parents that have more than one..
    i have no one to exercise with, hardly any friends. i got pregnant at a young age, sophomore year to be exact.
    Long story short
    i'm a single mom with a special needs child with no baby sitter other than my parents. i would love to meet people on here that i can be supportive to & that will support me.