ground turkey recipes

Options
12346»

Replies

• wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    I make a "sloppy joe" type thing....or chilli... however you'd like to serve it.

I cook the ground turkey in a skillet, and take one red and one green pepper, put them into a food processor until they're finely chopped. Once the turkey is done, mix the peppers into the turkey.... then add a can of cambell's tomato soup and mix until reduced a little.... Once everything is blended well, you can add some brown rice (I use the Blue Bird Steam in bag)... if you'd like to add some spice, a little Cayenne pepper, salt, fresh ground pepper.... or really whatever you'd like... My family loves it. If I'm serving it as a chilli, I usually add red beans.
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I add ground turkey to spanish rice- takes it from a side dish to more of a meal.

Bump for later!
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bump! :happy:
  • cvitez1
    cvitez1 Posts: 39
    Options
    I can't find the recipe that used but Google Stuffed Peppers. A lot of stuffed pepper recipes call for ground beef, but ground turkey can definitely be substituted!
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Last night for dinner I made... a low cal taco casserole

Ground turkey mixed with salsa. Layered in a casserole dish with low fat shredded cheddar and topped with crushed tortilla chips. Baked at 350 for 15 minutes.

What's the nutrition info for this?

This is mine, may have to modify if not same ingredients used. (I layered the bottom of the 9x13 dish with flour tortillas) Make sure and grease dish if you do that, I learned the hard way! :grumble:

Shady Brook Farms - Lean Ground Turkey 93/7, 1 container (20 oz.s ea.) 800 cals
    Chi-Chi's - Medium Thick & Chunky Salsa (64 oz), 16 Tbls (30 g) 80 cals
    Great Value - Taco Blend, Finely Shredded Cheese, 1 container (2 7/10 cs ea.) 880 cals
    Trader Joe's - Organic White Corn Tortilla Chips, 25 chips 250 cals
    La Banderita - Flour Tortillas - Soft Taco, Large, 2 tortilla 220 cals

Per Serving: 279 (serves 8)
  • missbrittany23
    missbrittany23 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I use ground turkey in place of beef all the time...this is my family's favorite soup...mine too cuz it's low cal and soooo easy...

20 oz ground turkey browned
    2 bags frozen mixed veggies (corn, carrots, beans, peas)
    1 chopped onion
    2 pounds cubed unpeeled red potatoes
    1 lg jug low sodium V8 juice
    1 small container (maybe 12 oz) chicken broth
    A little garlic, red pepper, black pepper & whatever other spices sound fun

Throw it in the crockpot and cook till potatoes are done.

It's seriously under 100 calories per cup (85 if you keep the taters low) and 3 cups is a ton of food...this is pretty thick and chunky...makes about 4 quarts.

i will be trying this tomorrow or something very similar sounds tasty and its low cal. cant really bet that , thanks for posting :)
  • cornucopiaoflove
    cornucopiaoflove Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Seriously Good Sante Fe Soup
    4oz 2% Velveeta (from a 1lb package)
    1 can No-salt added Corn (undrained)
    1 can kidney beans (undrained)
    1 can diced tomatoes (I like the ones with peppers or onion)
    1 can stewed tomatoes (We don't like the big tomatoes, so I put them in the food processor)
    1 packet Lawry's taco seasoning (low sodium, but not labeled that way)
    1/2 lb cooked ground lean turkey

Crock pot on low for 3-4 hours.
    Serve with low-sodium Fritos or tortilla chips.

Makes 3 big servings, 486 cal each. (not including chips)

Tried this tonight and it was delicious!