Brag on your kids

Options
JPod279
JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
I know as a parent a lot of times we can get frustrated with the things that come with having kids, so this is a time to brag on your little ones and tell everyone what is so great about them.

My girls LOVE peas and fruit and will ask for them most nights with dinner.
My girls will eat spinach (in their favorite pasta dish).
They do not care for french fries or McDonalds chicken nuggets (Does that make them awesome or weird?)
One of them got a bloddy nose today and seemed more concerned with getting back to playing than anything.

And best of all...............

They give me hugs, kisses and eskimo kisses every night at bed time and whenever we leave each other.

Replies

• macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    My oldest son, 25, runs triathlons and marathons.
    My 20 year old son just lost 45lbs his sophomore year in college.
    My 18 year old son is going to be a freshman in college, playing football at a D2 school.
    My 12 year old son who is autistic, can do 15 chin-ups and has started bench pressing.
    My 10 year old daughter runs 3-4 miles, 6 days a week.

They inspire me!
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    My friend brought over KFC while we were renovating to make it easier on us, my son said we don't eat the "bad chicken" in our house.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Mine are freaking awesome. They are hysterical all the time. One of my twins is disabled and this week he figured out how to do an army crawl across the room. He's 2 and that was no small feat. His twin brother will get him toys and shares everything with him. It's like he understood when he was born about his brother. My 7 year old just got his yellow belt in karate and is smart as a whip. He read two whole books on vacation last week. I was very proud. I love them to pieces!!!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    My friend brought over KFC while we were renovating to make it easier on us, my son said we don't eat the "bad chicken" in our house.

That is so full of win.
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    My son Landon is 17 months, and does Zumba with me....might I add he is the funniest child EVER, hands down.
  • Heyman09
    Heyman09 Posts: 184
    Options
    Awesome idea!!!

My kids will eat fruits like no other....Even fruits I never liked....My son loves yogurt!!! My daughter loves banana's, and apples.....They will eat broccoli and cauliflower.....My son LOVES working out with me and likes to mimic what I do when I workout.....My daughter is almost 18 months and my son is 2. I love them to bits.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    McKaylaChildren.jpg?t=1344538313
  • MMKE4ever
    MMKE4ever Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have two girls.

My 22 month old is using the potty regularly today and wearing big girl underwear.
    She took a nap for me. Yay!
    She loves broccoli and applesauce.
    She can get halfway dressed by herself.
    She can hum Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.

My 3 year old is my big helper.
    She does what she is asked (most the time).
    She is learning her days of the week
    She likes to help her sister use the potty.
    She loves to do chores around the house.
  • maspicantexfa
    maspicantexfa Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My daughter tells everyone she meets "I wike heffy foo. I wun an jump an pway I eat heffy foo."

Translation: I like healthy food. I can run and jump and play if I eat healthy food.
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My oldest 18 is starting a D2 college. highest state scholarship awarded and possibly will be on the basketball team
    My middle son, made the middle school football team and has joined me on my turbo fire adventure
    my youngest daughter just turned 9 Thursday, she is my munchkin and has joined my turbo fire adventure too
    My three blessings :heart:
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Just LOOK at my perfectly adorable baby boy in my profile pictures. 'Nuff said! :) #soproudtobehismom
  • bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My 5 year old daughter Loves Kale chips, snap peas, carrots, hummus, any type of fruit and is not a picky eater at all. But if you ask her what she wants for dinner she will tell you pizza!
  • KAA1982
    KAA1982 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My 2 year old does 30DS with me, his jumping jacks and push ups are adorable!

When I ask him "Should Mama workout?" he says "Workout, Mama!" and ends each workout with "Bye Bye workout."
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    What an awesome post! I love my boys moe than anything.. there the reason im working so hard to lose weight( gained all my weight with their pregnancies) HAHAHA It has pushed me hard, to work hard and be the "HOT MOM" when they get older!:happy: This has changed the way we eat as a family, they do P90X with my husband a few times a week( there 3 and 7, they TRY and thats all that matters) they think of working out as FUN.. im glad they see this now.. we take family bike trips, and there just little cheerleaders to me when Im working out! Kids are what makes this world go round! :heart:
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    My eight year-old tells everyone that she is getting stronger because she is doing the 30 DS with her Momma!

My 11 year-old has joined the middle school cross country team and is currently running 5 miles / 5 days a week....and doesn't complain!

Edited to say...I have to buy my daughter some light weights. She has been using full water bottles...too cute!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    My older son can solve a Rubik's cube in 57 seconds. And he plays the piano (taught himself), and the saxophone, and is in the process of writing an original manga. And he COOKS! He made me an Oreo cheesecake for my birthday from SCRATCH. And he's on the Dean's List in college.

My younger son is an extra in the movie Ted (go see it!!!! :D), and plays a hilarious part in my friend's YouTube reality show. He plays the violin, piano, and ukulele, and he loves to dress up in crazy costumes with me and perform with a local eclectic band here. He loves to read, he does the 30-day Shred with me, and he has fantastic taste in music. :D
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    My 2 year old does 30DS with me, his jumping jacks and push ups are adorable!

When I ask him "Should Mama workout?" he says "Workout, Mama!" and ends each workout with "Bye Bye workout."

Awww...that warms my heart! :heart:
    They are so sweet at that age!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Oh....I don't know if I have enough room on here to brag enough! :) I have THE BEST kids in the world! Okay I'll start with my Son...

He's 6 years old and the most sensitive boy you'll ever meet. He always thinks of others when making a decision. Just yesterday I had him at the DR for Strep Throat and we stopped at the store to pick up his medicine. I let him pick out some stickers and he said he had to pick out some for his sister too so that she didn't feel bad. He loves to cuddle still. He's super helpful....so freakin' adorable it's scary. LOVES his little sister. He's incredibly smart. If you ask him what his favorite subject in school is, he'll say Science. And he tells me EVERY day that he loves me.

Now his 3 year old sister...wow. She is a spitfire. Every day she makes us laugh. She loves to dance and sing and has the biggest personality in the world. She's gorgeous with LONG (down to her waist) blond hair with about 14 different shades of color highlighting it (seriously...women pay big money to have hair like her's) and bright blue eyes. And she got my dimples. Every male she meets instantly gets wrapped around her tiny little finger.

I get the BEST morning hugs from them both and nose kisses at night. They both LOVE veggies (cucumbers, tomatoes, green beans, corn, carrots, broccoli, cauliflour, etc). They would both rather eat steak or pork chops vs sloppy joes or fish sticks.

Yes....I simply adore my children and am one lucky mama!!!

Edited to add: They're also the most polite kids you'll ever meet. We CONSTANTLY get compliments from people about that! Okay that's all....:smooched:
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    My daughter (6) calls me her bestie!! We are total buds!! She's my shopping buddy to the MAX!! She has GREAT taste and always tells me the truth! So to brag....she is FRIGGIN smart!! I got a letter sent home from the gifted and talented teacher stating that my daughter is being observed and will be tested for the GT program in the spring of this coming year. P.S. I got this letter in the fall!! :smooched: Also...she gives the best WOWIE ZOWIEs...that's code for BIG OLE KISS!!
  • kgalea
    kgalea Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My 10 yo daughter taught herself how to make jewelry (earrings/necklaces) by watching you tube videos and has been selling it whenever/wherever she gets the chance. She sold nearly $100 worth while we were camping recently.

My 14 yo son was correcting the employees at Marbles: The Brain Store while we were in Chicago last week... The things he is able to remember amazes me (presidents by number, random historical facts), he earned an A in algebra II/Trig in 8th grade and won the Instrumental Music Award at the 8th grade awards night.

Both play sports pretty much year round...
    Son: Baseball, soccer, basketball (last year)
    Daughter: Soccer year round

Both are extremely kind and empathetic (except toward each other :) )

Daughter drinks water almost exclusively whenever we go out to eat (and at home for that matter), and loves to pick green beans from the garden and eat them...