which do you prefer..... exercising alone or with a partner?

Options

Replies

• Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Walking - with someone
    Wii Fit & Will Fit Plus - by myself because I look like a jerk. :blushing:
    Home gym - by myself because there is only room for 1 person to use this at one time.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    but, I don't have to exercise around a bunch of people________ that are only there to feed their egos.

Wow.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I now have Billy Idol "Dancing With Myself" on repeat in my head.
  • mzfiyaa
    mzfiyaa Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    well at 1st i wanted a workout buddy but then i realized it wont work either the other person is ready to go before i am or the days i want to go they dont want to so i prefer to use that time to think and focus but every1 is different
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    usually i prefer a partner. For my own accountability and also just for company. But today I did have an awesome workout all by my lonesome and I feel awesome!
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    Depends. I cannot work out with other females. At least not the ones around here, even my close friends do the little pink weights :grumble:

But....I have recently started working out with my husband and I find it rather helpful, he can push me to work harder when he knows I have more in me to give.

Personal preference I guess. :drinker:
  • gombolyu
    gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I do my workout dvds at home and alone. I really don't want any company there. I love that I do my exercises when I want. I love to concentrate on myself, it's like a meditation as well. I would say no to anyone.
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It's the only time that I take for myself, I like to do it alone.
  • 1nr15
    1nr15 Posts: 155
    Options
    alone... def
  • heartwarmer22
    heartwarmer22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like to workout alone. It's my "me" time & gives me time to think about things going on.
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It depends on what I'm doing. In general, alone- I'm with people much of the time and it can be really draining. I do enjoy knowing the people at my gym though, so while I don't like to work out side by side with friends (unless I'm in a class) I do like being a regular and feeling that sense of community. If it involves dance, other people give me energy, whether they are watching (I like to perform) or next to me (I'm very competitive) Outdoor pursuits- completely alone, which isn't always a bright idea safety-wise.
  • elizmelone
    Options
    I find a partner distraction. I like to talk a lot so I've always ended up chatting rather than working out. So it's better for me to go alone. I do my workout then done! :-)
  • mesicali_chica
    mesicali_chica Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I got mixed feelings.... but they waiver on the side of having a partner.

I dont like working out with lazy friends that arent serious about there wieghtloss goals. But it is my choice to be lazy with them or not. Bottom line is your gym partner can only drag you down if you let them.

I have worked out with strangers whom I have met at the gym, who have become gym buddies and the work outs are great. You compete alittle and push each other, the support is awesome. Its nice if you like that feeling of working on a team. Now I feel like I have a litle gym family. :)
  • msacurrie
    msacurrie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    With someone! I walk with my neighbor and my cousin who lives down the street - the miles go by faster because you have someone to talk to! Music only goes so far for me. Now my mom is on MFP and we keep each other accountable. We just decided to go to a gym and turns out my brother's gf and 3 of my cousins all go to the same one - so we're going to keep each other going!
  • babymine55
    babymine55 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

"but, I don't have to exercise around a bunch of people that are only there to feed their egos. "

....my comment wasn't that ALL people who go to gyms are just feeding their ego. But, in the small town I live in, when you're 370 pounds and just want to be treated like a human instead of a disgusting waste of good gym space....it was more than I could stand.
  • msacurrie
    Options
    Most definitely alone at the gym...need to do my thing and move on. But, prefer, need really a running partner for the trails. Isolated trails in the woods with hungry bears scare me! :)

Much safer for so many reasons to take a buddy! :)
  • msacurrie
    Options
    Alone. I like doing my own thing, in my own time.

Haha, now I have the Sister Sister theme song stuck in my head >_<
  • worldofheidi
    worldofheidi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like to workout alone unless it's a class. I find it hard to find a partner to run with at the same pace.
  • crystal_darling
    crystal_darling Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like to do my DVDs alone. But I love to walk at the park with my boyfriend. We walk longer together versus me walking alone. Plus we talk and have races so thats a plus.
  • ShawnaCurley
    ShawnaCurley Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Definetly with someone! It really helps keep you going, imo!