Healthiest fast food alternatives?

Options
1235»

Replies

• fsthomas
    fsthomas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My fav is the grilled nugget kids meal at ChikfilA...sub fresh fruit cup and diet lemonade for no upcharge!
  • AmberLeighD
    Options
    2 of my favorite splurges..

Burger King: Whopper Jr. - NO MAYO by saying NO MAYO you take off 100 calories!!! This usually takes care of my burger cravings.

Calories
    Protein
    14g
    Carbohydrates
    28g
    Sugar
    6g
    Fat
    10g
    Saturated Fat
    4g
    Trans Fat
    0g
    Cholesterol
    35mg
    Sodium
    440mg

Since I can't carry ice cream in the house... b/c I know my weaknesses.... I like McDonald's Kiddie Cones - 45 calories.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    seared chicken snack wrap from Macca's
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    sandwich no bun or bread.
    i love getting burgers or chicken on shredded lettuce instead (or even throw it on a salad)
    no ketchup, add mayo (less sugar) and pile on the veg!

no fries, of course.
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My first thought was healthy and fast food do not go together :smile: If I want something filling,I usually will get a Subway sandwich on flat bread. It's actually pretty good.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Wendy's for sure! I LOVE their Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken! Yum!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    My fav is the grilled nugget kids meal at ChikfilA...sub fresh fruit cup and diet lemonade for no upcharge!

Didn't know about the fruit cup! Thanks!
  • browneyedmama03
    browneyedmama03 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My go-tos for the past couple of years:

Very fave: McD's Southwest Chicken Salad (grilled) with no chips. I don't even use the dressing (but I do save it and use it at home) as there is a lime glaze on the chicken and it tastes really good without.

Wendy's has a berry and almond chicken salad that's pretty good but a bit boring taste-wise compared to the one I mentioned above.

Subway's turkey or veggie/avocado on wheat with the "bread pulled" is another good one. Just ask and they will pull out the inside of the bread = reduced calories/carbs.
  • yellie06584
    yellie06584 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Chipotle is my FAV!!! You are in complete control of what goes in it!!! I think my bowl has like 600 calories if I splurge on the cheese, 500 with out the cheese. It lasts me 2 meals!!!!:smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Chipotle is my FAV!!! You are in complete control of what goes in it!!! I think my bowl has like 600 calories if I splurge on the cheese, 500 with out the cheese. It lasts me 2 meals!!!!:smile:
    I've done this in airports. It's not a bad option.
  • blinkiii
    blinkiii Posts: 90
    Options

Only 600?! For two meals that's incredible :O Alright, I think it's time I start getting the burrito bowl.
  • alisonlk
    alisonlk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love the Apple Pecan Chicken salad from Wendy's :smile:
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Oh man, that's a tough one. Although most fast food places have some kind of "healthier" options, most are still high in sugar and carbs.

At McDonald's: Unsweetened iced tea, fruit and walnut salad (still loaded with sugar, but at least it is real fruit), oatmeal, egg McMuffin minus the muffin and cheese, black coffee.

At Subway: Kid's fit fresh meal on flatbread with apples and milk (You don't have to take the toy if you don't want it).

At Starbucks: Pike's Place blend, tall, with cream, low carb snack box/ fruit and cheese box/ yogurt parfait.

At Chipotle: Burrito bowl, no rice, add fajita vegetables. Sour cream and guacamole on the side.

Skip going to places like 5 Guys, Jimmy Johns, Arby's, D. Q., KFC, Long John Silver's, Taco Bell, Taco Time, Popeye's, and pretty much any place that you will find at a truck stop. There is nothing (aside from black coffee) that is worth eating at those places.
  • blinkiii
    blinkiii Posts: 90
    Options
    Skip going to places like 5 Guys, Jimmy Johns, Arby's, D. Q., KFC, Long John Silver's, Taco Bell, Taco Time, Popeye's, and pretty much any place that you will find at a truck stop. There is nothing (aside from black coffee) that is worth eating at those places.

Never heard of 5 Guys or Taco Time, but the rest should be pretty easy to skip (:

Except for taco bell :/
  • Jenny_Lou20
    Jenny_Lou20 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I got a 6 inch sub at Subway yesterday -

I got Black Forest Ham
    American Cheese(they only put 2 1/2 slices so its only 1 slice
    All the veggies I wanted
    Lite Mayo
    Oil
    Vinegar
    Salt and Pepper

I used their little nutritional info booklet(look next time you're there for one, they're very helpful)total it all up, they have the sandwich itself set at 290(with 9grain whole wheat,and veggies). Then they have the cheese listed, and your condiments separate.

What I had was only 425 calories and it tasted SO good and hit the spot of needing something different. Plus, I didn't even go over my calorie goal, it fit so well into my plan.

Another good thing, is you can always buy a footlong, and have 2 meals :) One for lunch and then one for supper or the next day. Subway is so versatile and so good and healthy!
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    McDonald's side salads are like 70 calories with Italian dressing!
    I get two and an unsweetened iced tea and I'm good...
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bumping for suggestions as my job has me on the road most days than not. Not always easy to pre-make food to take along.:smile:
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    -McDonalds : Grilled Chicken Sncak Wrap. no cheese and sauce on the side - then use a small amount 200 cal each; the sauce is 50 cal for a container.
    -Zaxbys: Grilled Chicken Salad, no onion straws, no cheese, no toast and the lite vingerett is like 230 cal
    -Zaxbys: Grilled Chicken Sandwich, no sauce 320 cal - its a pretty big sandwich
    -Chick-fil-a: Chargrill Chicken Sandwich 290 cal
    -Chick-fil-a: 3 Chicken minis 280 cal
    -Taco Bell: Fresco Chicken Soft taco 150 cal each
    I'm not much of a salad person just because I'm usually hungry 20 minutes later so I have found other options at fast food that are low calories but still filling. I'm sure the sodium is off the charts so drink LOTS of water if your eating out! Hope this helps those of you on the go....

FYI: Most if not all fast food places will have their nutional information online so when I have free time I will go look at options so the next time we are on the go I know what places to look for.
  • tiaracara
    tiaracara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey- Taco Bell isnt horrible if you choose correctly... 2 CRUNCHY Ground Beef Fresco Tacos for 280 calories? That's a win in my book! :)