ATTENTION DOG OWNERS!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I read the other responses and I really DO think ou need to actually see a doctor. The bacteria in the dogs mouth might cause a terruble infection. PLEASE go get checked out. ...And send the bill to the owners. I am SO GLAD you reported it! IT is scary to think what that dog could have done to a child!!

Susan
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    However, if I ever had a dog that bit someone that would be the end of it and I would have to put them down.

I volunteer with an adoption organization and we sometimes work with dogs that have bitten previous owners. The MAJORITY of the time, the dog is provoked into biting and the entire situation could have easily been avoided if the owners had been knowledgeable about dog behavior.

Sure, some dogs are overly dominant. Some dogs are even aggressive. Those dogs can be rehabilitated in the right hands. So maybe instead of ignorantly putting your dog down, you could find a nice breed-specific rescue to relinquish the dog to if you don't want to put in the time and effort to work with the dog yourself.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    UPDATE: Going to Animal Court (a hearing before the animal control board) today because the dog owner is fighting the classification of his dog as "potentially dangerous". So I have my pictures of the bite printed off and a couple witnesses coming with me today. I hate that it's such a big deal. The owner should have just accepted the animal control worker's classification in my opinion. Ugh.... :grumble: Wish me luck!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: Going to Animal Court (a hearing before the animal control board) today because the dog owner is fighting the classification of his dog as "potentially dangerous". So I have my pictures of the bite printed off and a couple witnesses coming with me today. I hate that it's such a big deal. The owner should have just accepted the animal control worker's classification in my opinion. Ugh.... :grumble: Wish me luck!

wow, really? So, what steps were taken? We reported my husband's bite to the local police and all they did was go to the owner's house and require them to quarantine the dog while the health department made sure the dog was up to date and carrying any disease. We never heard anything else about it... Was this the second time this dog had been reported?

Good luck today!
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options

wow, really? So, what steps were taken? We reported my husband's bite to the local police and all they did was go to the owner's house and require them to quarantine the dog while the health department made sure the dog was up to date and carrying any disease. We never heard anything else about it... Was this the second time this dog had been reported?

Good luck today!

Thanks! This was the first time the dog was reported... it's just that the owner is fighting the board's decision to classify the animal as "potentially dangerous" and have to have it registered with the animal control board. He actually accused my husband of coming by a week before this incident and beating the dogs with a golf club. He said a week before my bite, his wife saw a man that looked like my husband come by their house wearing a trench coat and having a golf club in his trench coat that beat the dogs leaving chunks out of their backs. 1.) My husband would NEVER do something like that. 2.) We don't even have golf clubs.. or trench coats. 3.) My husband had never seen the dogs before that day. 4.) What does that have to do with me walking down the street by myself and being attacked?! He's trying to say that's the reason I was attacked, so it WAS provoked. This whole this just makes me very sad.