Muffin top/love handles

Options
2»

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I just found overall weight loss took care of my muffin top. It only comes back if I too much food on a "cheat day" since my tummy gets bloated but goes away in a few days.

wearing the right size clothing also prevents muffin top.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Shapewear. Once you reach a certain age, nothing else seems to do the trick. I'm not too proud to wear spanx.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    First, distinguish whether it's actual excess body fat, or just where your hips start to flare out from your waist. I've seen a number of girls on here freaking out over their "muffin top" when all it was, was perfectly natural and very sexy hips.
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Found this site in YouTube: 10 Min Abs Workout -- At Home Abdominal and Oblique Exercises.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=1919eTCoESo&NR=1

Looks like it's important to include "oblique" exercises with crunches and other ab exercises.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    you have to lose all your weight. I know this..because I have them and thought they were just a reality .part of my body make up .. until I lost all my weight last year..and they were the last to go.
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I think it's both my hips and the extra fat thats on top. You can feel the fat over my hips... Thanks for everyone's response. I'm just going to assume that the planks won't hurt to continue to do, and the hopefully once I'm down another 15 lb my muffin top will be at a minimum appearance wise lol. Like I said I love my body ❤ my love handles are the only thing that bugs me :/
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I was just "admiring" this today. I'm definitely getting curves but those love handles are still there, in fact they might be more pronounced! UGH. I'm beginning to think they prob will always be there, but def trying some of the stuff mentioned!
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Exercise is great for reducing love handles/muffin tops but there's also another solution... don't wear pants with a waist that's too small for you. Simple.
    What would you suggest about bikini bottoms? That's when mine show up, and I can't go bigger or it is falling off or you can see down them when I lay on my back (because of my pointy hip bones).
  • purpleroxmysocks
    purpleroxmysocks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Exercise is great for reducing love handles/muffin tops but there's also another solution... don't wear pants with a waist that's too small for you. Simple.
    What would you suggest about bikini bottoms? That's when mine show up, and I can't go bigger or it is falling off or you can see down them when I lay on my back (because of my pointy hip bones).

I am definitely having a problem with bikini bottoms as well, but I have noticed that now my "top" is almost gone! I just exercise! You think it can't be done but it can!
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    One word: Spanx

I don't have a muffin top. I have a three-tier wedding cake going on.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    One word: Spanx

I don't have a muffin top. I have a three-tier wedding cake going on.

:laugh: I used to, now I just have a busted can of biscuits.

My biggest problem is the fat stored on my hips on the sides and around the back. I don't know why my body decided it wanted my rear view to look like the back end of a mule with a canteen strapped on each side, but it seems evolution has not yet managed to weed out this scary aberration, so here I am.

I have very little fat left on the rest of me, so most of the last 20-ish to go will be from that area. And it will go. Oh yes, it will.
  • cljabusc
    Options
    Ab/core exercises are great for strengthening the muscles beneath the fat, but they won't remove the fat itself. "Spot reducing" is a myth - just keep at it with a reasonable caloric deficit and consistent exercise and eventually you'll lose the fat. No specific exercise trying to target that area is going to make them go away any faster - they'll go away when your bodyfat % gets low enough. A good mix of cardio and weight training would be much more beneficial to your goal than doing endless ab exercises (which don't burn many calories by comparison).

smart
  • Pdschurig
    Pdschurig Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have lost a hundred pounds from my heaviest and in the wrong pair of pants still have a muffin top. I look down at my hips and I still see a very wide girl. I can not change how God made me, I can be healthier and more active and weigh less but my pelvis is as wide as it is and the right jeans look great on me and the wrong ones look awful! I also do lots of step aerobics, eliptical, treadmill, yoga and weight lifting. Find what works for you and if you need alittle shape wear so be it!