Does losing weight change your shoe size?

Options
2»

Replies

• StevenV84
    Options
    Yes Yes Yes. I must have had fat feet because when I lost 110 pounds I noticed I was down about one shoe size.
  • kie_kie
    kie_kie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    omg! this is great news :) i have huge feet and a size off would make me feel a little more comfortable really now this is great motivation to get those pounds off
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I dunno if it changes the actual size but mine aren't so wide anymore so all my tight shoes now fit loose. Not sure the size can go down since that is more bone structure than fat but width can be fat feet.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    My feet seem about the same size.

But I can see them now.

Which is nice.
  • ItsLyricSoListen
    Options
    yup, i've been the same weight since i was 12 years old but by the time i hit 20 i was taller and leaner and my shoe size had went down an entire size
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    I used to wear a womans size 12 when I was 255lbs. I now wear a 10 maybe 10.5 at 180lbs
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Not here.
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person, I've lost 75lbs & my shoe size & feet have not changed at all but I never had fat feet. It was one of the few places that was normal size (if you call size 10 feet normal lol). My wrist are also small so nothing changing there either. I think if you have some fat on your feet then yeah I can totally see you going down a shoe size.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Width wise but not length for me. I really only notice with dress shoes since those are less forgiving.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Yea!! My feet have grown as I've gained weight. I went from about size 10 US to 11-12, depending on the shoe/sandal. And my feet went flat. I looking forward wearing smaller shoes.
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the original posters have had changes in the year since the thread was originally posted. Heehee :)
  • romancefan1983
    romancefan1983 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It sure can. My feet are a lot wider when I'm heavier. It sucks that by the time I'm where I want to be weight wise, it'll be too cold for sandals :sad: lol
  • imzadi481
    imzadi481 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I went up a size after gaining weight in two pregnancies. It stands to reason that the opposite would be true as well.

Same thing for me! I thought it was so weird at the time, but now I get it. I hope to get back to my usual 8 instead of 9, which makes it harder to find shoes.