Dried Fruit
Diet Soda

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!

I have an opinion.

I believe that you can't really assess how "good" or "bad" a food is. You can only assess how that food contributes to your entire diet. So for example, a blueberry muffin and a serving of chips might be a perfectly fine decision depending on the rest of the food you are eating that day.

But that's just what I believe.

Good day!
  • xshortiex
    xshortiex Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    How is yogurt w/ fruit or a granola bar bad for you?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!

I have an opinion.

I believe that you can't really assess how "good" or "bad" a food is. You can only assess how that food contributes to your entire diet. So for example, a blueberry muffin and a serving of chips might be a perfectly fine decision depending on the rest of the food you are eating that day.

Good day!

^ Agreed
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!

I have an opinion.

Good day!

^ Agreed

yes.
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!

I have an opinion.

Good day!

^ Agreed

yes.

^ The Incredibly Sexy Hulk™

EDIT: When you change your .avi my comment isn't going to make as much sense. So don't do that.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    plain rice crackers, tofu. So gross.
  • Bobbie_89
    Bobbie_89 Posts: 146
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!

I have an opinion.

Good day!

^ Agreed

yes.

^^^Agreed! It all comes down to what else you put in your body and how much of it! Before I got pregnant I was losing weight and IF it fit in my calorie intake I still had half a chocolate bar and still lost 30lbs doing that. Some healthy foods can be bad for you if you eat to much of it, thats what I think anyways. Others may see different.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

^ The Incredibly Sexy Hulk™

EDIT: When you change your .avi my comment isn't going to make as much sense. So don't do that.

i see what you did there.:blushing:
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert and there is so much info on the internet, I just came across this and thought it was interesting so thought I would share it.

If you click the link you can read more about why each one is bad for your body.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    So, french fries, brownies, orange cranberry muffins or Cheetos would be better than honey roasted salted nuts? And all granola bars and yogurt are equal?

Good to know.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!

I have an opinion.

Good day!
    x2 Additionally, they seem to put forth sodium as a primary reason these foods are "unhealthy" but sodium isn't an issue for most people that are healthy over all and eat a generally balanced diet. It can actually be beneficial if you workout/sweat a lot.
  • porridgemonkey
    Options
    I like diet Soda!
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hogwash

I don't see anything wrong with lean microwave popcorn or dried fruit.

There's not a helluva lot wrong with the other foods, although I usually don't eat them for one reason or another, usually being more sodium or sugar than I want, I would certainly not consider them as bad a choice as a tall regular coke with a whole bag of oreos.

No matter what food you pick, there is always another food nutritionally superior.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert and there is so much info on the internet, I just came across this and thought it was interesting so thought I would share it.

If you click the link you can read more about why each one is bad for your body.
    I don't think anyone is ragging on you. I believe they are calling false the logic use to call them "worst foods."
  • Sidesteal
    Options

Nothing wrong with sharing, I just make it a point to comment on things like this because the amount of misinformation on the internet is rather ridiculous when compared to the amount of quality info.
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Rice Cakes... really???

I'm a real fan of Quakes, the caramel ones taste like a real treat, and... 16 mini-cakes = 120 calories. This to me is a no-brainer!
    I'm also a fan of another non-food; Special K cracker/chips... 30 chips = 110 calories.

I'll freely admit that neither of these can be found in nature, & I'm a "calories in/calories out" kinda guy, I don't obsess over the "quality of "food" ".

Perhaps I'm not the perfect dieter, but I'm good with that!!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Ridiculous to include rice cakes per se, the ones I get are made with wholegrain rice and a little apple juice and are organic.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    While I don't necessarily agree that those are the worst snacks for you, I do agree that the information given as to why they are thought to be the worst snacks is something to be considered.

And, personally, I love those 'bland' plain rice cakes.
  • joe7880
    joe7880 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't think snacks like french fries and brownies are "bad" but it usually takes a lot of calories worth of it to satisfy me. Eating the same volume of fruit satisfies me just as good as the french fries or brownies but has much less calories.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    prepackaged cakes/cookies and deep-fried anything...full of trans fats and "nutritionally bankrupt". Most foods with loads of calories, saturated fats IN COMBINATION with very low nutrients do not pass my lips.

Look at the food, what bang for your buck are you getting? I agree, a lot of people diss foods like nut butters because they have "too many calories". I prefer to look at what value those calories have, not just macro but also the micro nutrients!