Why I'm Fat

Options

Replies

• sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i keep starting and stopping

eat good/eat like crap

mostly starting and stopping. i think even if i ate like crap and trained the results would be better than just stopping altogether LOL....ugh i can't stand being consumed by the all or nothing thought process :huh:
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    Genetics, Birth Control, I started driving instead of walking all over town, Hit 18, ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. Mainly it was due to eating Fast food a lot and ice cream, cookies, etc.
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I battled my depression with toaster strudels. :laugh:

No... for real. I ate my emotions for years AND that is why I got fat.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    German/Irish, slow metabolism, love of carbs, emotional eating, and laziness.

I love potatoes, starches, beer, meat, cheese, and extra portions.

This has been a year of relearning how to eat. Some I've been successful...
  • xoalyssax07
    Options
    Fast Food( Because it is cheap and easy), Candy( cause its cheap and easy), quitting Swim team and never getting back to it. Basically being broke is the reason I got fat. And being lazy and unmotivated.

http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=what_20_will_buy_at_the_drivethru_and_at_the_supermarket
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Overeating
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I love things like cakes and cookies - i cant help myself around them. I'm also really bad with variety! If there is alot of variety i will eat some of everything - i'm bad at buffets and appatizers. I am really active so it helps but it only holds my weight I cant manage to get the 20 pounds off that i need to do.
  • paddysgurl
    Options
    Interesting...I like it!:laugh:
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Processed, nasty *kitten* food. I'm getting better at this. And thus, losing the fat :) Yeah!
  • Ashley_LeRae
    Options
    Zero willpower, McDonald's, Desserts, Laziness, overeating, and Lexapro! :smile:
  • ashblonde1
    Options
    Cake... restaurants that have 3 course set meals... cookies... so many reasons. All are brought on by not listening to my body, ignoring my feelings, and not exercising enough.
  • nc_moon_beam
    nc_moon_beam Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    *desk job during the week
    *dead thyroid gland
    *hubs is a great cook and loves steak
    *refined carbs
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Beer... good food.... laziness.... more beer.... more good food....
  • abrewer563
    abrewer563 Posts: 122
    Options
    Because I thought I could continue to eat like I did while I was in highschool playing soccer year round, and running 90 minutes a day for track ontop of plyometrics and strength training :(
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I am not "fat" but wine is the reason I cannot reach my goals. Working on it though.
  • stagegoddess
    stagegoddess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    erratic work schedules (3 jobs) most of the time having to eat whatever they serve you.

i spent about 10 years of my life in competition training for swimming and dancing so my eating habits were geared towards that.

i love to drink and bake and hanging out with friends always ends up including food---and my friends all have horrible, i'm always broke, fast food eating habits.
  • cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'd say genetics largely and the fact that my Mom 'loved' us with food growing up. Bad day-here have some junk, good grades-let's go to McDonald's. This is a hard thing to undo.
  • wheresheidi
    Options
    Very simple more calories eaten than calories used. :glasses:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Cuz when you have a tool like this, you need to build a shed over it.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Ate too much, moved to little. Basic Math.