Do you "pre-log"?

Options

Replies

• Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Both, my breakfast and lunch I per log the night before since I have it all planned. The rest of the meal I log as I go.
    Works well for me
  • sgoessling
    sgoessling Posts: 119
    Options
    I prelog everyday. When I dont I go over. It has become a habit! Before breakfast I pour myself some water and plan out my meals. It makes it easier too bc I know exactly what im going to eat. Days when I dont are also my worse because I either am far to below or above
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I like to plan ahead so I can spread out my meals.
    This.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Not usually.

I pre log if I know I'm going out and have my meal already planned or if when I'm trying to figure a meal out, so I'll say plan out my breakfast and dinner if I know I'm going to do lunch out to make sure I can eat within my goal ranges. Nothing worse than coming home and finding out you have only 100 calories left.

I prefer to eat then log things. During day I might use a post it to jot food down until I can log it online.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I log as I go. If I pre log, I never stick to it for some reason
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    It depends on my mood:laugh: :mad: :angry: :grumble: :noway: :ohwell: :sick: :cry: :sad: :yawn:
  • jbyesh
    jbyesh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do a mix of both. Usually I know what I'm making for dinner tonight, so I'll plug that in to see what I'm left with the rest of the day, and can work with that. It's actually a good motivator to exercise sometimes. I know I can't skip my workout because of what we're having for dinner/lunch or whatever. :) Otherwise, I'll log as I snack or whatever.

I also do a mix of paper/MFP. I don't have a fancy smart phone, so I keep a notepad where I write everything down and add it to MFP later when I have time.
  • karagetsfit
    Options
    If I have something already prepared for lunch and I know what I am making for dinner, I pre log. I log my snacks as I go. I like to log my meals first thing so I know how much I have to snack on.
  • RadiantxReality
    RadiantxReality Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I log as I go. I'm not a planner.
  • nabak147112
    nabak147112 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i do sometimes..especially if i know i have things to get done and/or the kids want on the computer then i do
  • sharonf1983
    sharonf1983 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    pre log all the way.
  • rjallmon
    Options
    I do both. I usually pre-log my lunch and snacks for work, so I know how much to take with me, and when its gone its gone.
  • wisters
    wisters Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    A little bit of both.
  • ChangeYourPace
    ChangeYourPace Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I log ahead of time. It's prevented a number of "I shouldn't have done that" moments.
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Yes..It helps me stay on track. I always know what I'm going to eat for breakfast and lunch, dinner is always a lean meat and vegetable.
  • Abi_bug04
    Abi_bug04 Posts: 220
    Options
    I usually do a bit of both, but when I'm feeling pretty motivated I like to pre-log to keep myself ln track and avoid getting distracted! :)
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I do a little bit of both. I log what I want to eat that day and then I correct it as I go if I have to change something. My planning doesn't always line up with what I'm doing that day! I don't submit it until the end of the day though.

This is exactly what I do as well!
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    When I was actually logging everything, I would pre-log sometimes but mostly on days when I was going to have one meal that wasn't what I would usually have. It made it so that I knew what I could eat throughout the day and still enjoy my night without thinking I was doing something I shouldn't be.
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I do my exercise-as soon as I get up!- brisk walk for at least an hour every morning, so I log it as soon as I return home, I usually log my breakfast, lunch and skim milk allowance for the day, sometimes I will prelog a snack too, and change it, or delete it if I don't eat it.
    This gives me a good idea of how I'm doing calorie-wise, and helps with my dinner choice, extra snacks or a glass of wine, etc, as I like to stay just under my daily allowance. :)
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I t really depends for me. If I have already planned dinner, I'll log it. If I don't like it I resort to plan B (chix caesar salad)
    Going to a restaurant, I'll log it...just so I can visualize what it looks like. I may delete it and find another option. It usually takes me a
    LONG time to decide, so before I'd look anyway.

I logged my typical sunday alcohol intake.. WOW. talk about eye opener!