Do you "pre-log"?

Options

Replies

• lessofme65
    lessofme65 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I try to log as I go but if I I'm not able to I write it down and log when I've got computer access.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I prefer to pre log the night before. I sit and think about what i am in the mood for and how to fit it in and what my day "should" be like workwise etc. I like to be prepared and then i have little chance of messing it up. If things change i will log them as i go or later on.
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I do it as a go generally, unless I want to see how what I will eat will affect my goals...
  • Kristan_Forsey
    Kristan_Forsey Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I pre log my three main meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner). That way I know how many calories I have left for my three snacks.
  • katelyth
    katelyth Posts: 16
    Options
    I pre-log, and then adjust when needed. Helps me stay "in-bounds" and know what I am missing.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Nope, I never pre-log, because I usually don't plan out my meals very far in advance.
  • Jenloma
    Jenloma Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I normally don't cause I'm always eating something different.
    The only time to pre-log for me is when I have planned to eat at a restaurant or I'm aware of my evening snack.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I plan out my meals in the morning... get it all logged, but don't hit "log" lol
    If anything changes throughout the day I fix it... and post at night.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I've done both, but I find that if I prelog, I'm less likely to give in to temptations. If I just go with the flow, I eat crap that I don't need to.
  • RunninSD
    RunninSD Posts: 36
    Options
    Yes It's a way for me to stay focused and I also pre-log my exercise. It helps keep me motivated. I also helps me manage the foods I eat based on my exercise and goals.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i plan out and pre log everything and try to stick to it and make adjustments as i go throughout the day. if i know i'm going out to eat at a restaurant before, i will research the menu & nutritional facts ahead of time and plan what i'm going to eat before i even step foot into the restaurant. it helps tremendously.
  • Pink_Tina
    Pink_Tina Posts: 164
    Options
    I love to pre-log the night before or the morning of that way I can keep from going over my macros.
  • buffyangel2000
    buffyangel2000 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I log my dinner the night before, cause I know what I'll be eating that night.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    A bit of both. My breakfast I decide in the morning. During the week I bring my lunch, so I prelog that. Since I typically cook supper and plan ahead of time, I will add that early as well. Helps me plan portions at supper, depending on what I have left. This may also spur a longer work out so I can eat more :). I usually pre log my exercise too (I take a lot of classes at the gym) which helps me make sure my food is right. Before I started doing this, there were times after the gym (7:30 pm) I had 750 calories I needed to eat. Now my days are much more balanced.

On the weekends it can be a bit more "fly by the seat of my pants." But I make sure I log as I eat so I don't end up surprised.
  • DERBS21
    DERBS21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have only been doing this a few days. But I have found that pre logging before I eat a meal helps me determine if I need to adjust what I'm eating.
  • IronManDan007
    Options
    When I go to work, I fill my backpack with what I'm allowed to eat. I usually pre-log because I know everything in backpack will be eaten. If not, I'll delete it before I close out the day.
  • ilikepandasyay
    ilikepandasyay Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I pre-log but I check in whenever I have a change.
  • hellerd2003
    Options
    I've been pre-logging (I need a plan); then if something happens (forgot my lunch at home, woke up late, etc), I change the entry to match what I actually ate. I don't "complete" my food plan until the end of the day, when I'm done eating.
  • KCramer12
    KCramer12 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I usually log as i go but some days i pre plan some meals.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I pre-log when I pack my lunch for work so I don't forget. I can remove it when I get home if need be. The rest of the day I just go with the flow.