Do you "pre-log"?

Options

Replies

• Nicolette_Karls
    Options
    I don't pre-log, because sometimes my mood changes and I find myself craving something other than what is planned. Instead I make sure that I have several options available, and choose whichever fits my mood. I go into each day with an idea of what I want to eat, and I make sure that I have the calories available to eat the food before I make it, but I find that logging as I go has made me more conscious of what fills me up, how my eating patterns are changing, and has taught me to make better decisions in the moment instead of relying on pre-planning.
  • jdswaker
    jdswaker Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I log as I go most of the time. If I know I'm going someplace out for a meal, I will log before hand so that I don't eat a lot for breakfast or snacks that day. Smart phone does make it easy.
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I normally log ahead so I can make sure I get all the macros and calories right. Plus, it helps me to know what I will be eating all day and not look for something when I am hungry. I don't always follow it, though. Sometimes I have to delete and log what I actually ate.
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I do a bit of both.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Pre log up to dinner on weekdays since I pack my breakfast, lunch and snacks anyway. I log as I go or sometimes all at the end of the day on weekends
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    depends.. sometimes I plan around my protein in the evenings, and alot of the times I have to change it after I'm done, like last night I couldn't eat everything I had planned so I deleted what hadn't been eaten and add a pb n honey sandwich n a chocolate milk shake(ideal shape) was alot more edible than the massive amount of food I had planned...
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've found I've been pre-logging a bit lately. I find it easier to just plan out everything in advance to see where I'll be at at the end of the day. I don't mind adjusting things.
  • shellybsn
    shellybsn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I log in breakfast, then pre-log what goes into my lunch box. What I don't eat, I delete. Kind of makes me a little more accountable...don't want to have to come home and add extra stuff I shouldn't have eaten that day. Dinner gets logged in that night or the next morning.
  • phatycake
    phatycake Posts: 216
    Options
    I'm obsessive about it because I eat so much. I like to plan ahead so I can spread out my meals.

This ^
  • jd5351
    jd5351 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I go back and forth...Sometimes I pre-log and sometimes I don't. I did it today because I knew that my boss was bringing cupcakes today to celebrate the 5th anniversary since we've been open, and I knew I wanted one. (I've been waiting all week for that cupcake..lol) I prelogged so I could see were everything fit in and adjust everything to accomodate without me having to kill myself working off the calories.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    i pre-log if i know what i'm gonna have or if i'm making a decision i pre-log to see how many calories are in a certain thing so i can adjust if needed
  • LynRhea
    LynRhea Posts: 15
    Options
    I log as I go. It helps me think before I eat!
  • 1jlazymom
    1jlazymom Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    A little of both. I like to.ore log so I know exact calories accounts but am flexible and sometimes I have to go back and make changes
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I do mine in advance that way I don't go over.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I pre-log on days that I go to work. I bring my dinner and snacks with me and log them all in advance. Since I can only eat what I've packed, I know I won't go over and the worst that can happen is I have to delete something if I didn't eat it.
  • fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Nope. May be worth it if it keeps me from overheating, but it doesn't.
  • rolandgaspar
    Options
    My wife says it's been my new obsession for the past few months... She's not that far off.

I pre-log all the time, not always, but almost.

When I make my lunch for the next day (or for the day if I make it in the morning) I pre-log it and re-adjust during the day, after the fact.

When I'm making supper, I pre-log it so I have a good idea of just what a portion should work out to. (though, after a few months, it's pretty natural, it still helps -- I don't use recipes and it's good to say 'ok, a little lighter on the olive oil' or something like that)

Snacks, I don't pre-log -- those are harder to predict.

You'll find that after a few months, things just kinda work out and you know what's going to happen, might as well pre-log :p

YMMV.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I pre-log my entire week and make adjustments if required.
  • fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I tried that a couple of time but had to adjust afterwards, so I stopped pre-logging and just doing it as I go. Having a smart phone helps a lot with it (love my Galaxy s3 )

Good point
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    A combo. If I know in advance, I log it. If I don't, I just put it down later.