Do you "pre-log"?

Options

Replies

• Cdngal08
    Cdngal08 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    during the week, i make my food for work the next day and pre log it...then I can pre-plan my supper for the next day...on the weekends I log as I go....
  • elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I try to give myself a healthy outline for the day, but if I have something else and have to re-log, no biggie. It helps me stay on track!
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I do a little bit of both. I log what I want to eat that day and then I correct it as I go if I have to change something. My planning doesn't always line up with what I'm doing that day! I don't submit it until the end of the day though.

^^this
  • waytogoraus
    Options
    I normally pre-log my meals because I usually have them planned out ahead of time. I log as I go when it comes to snacks.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    sometimes. Usually I add water intake for the next day after finishing the day.
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Depends - but normally I pre log for the day or at least dinner. Breakfast and lunch are normally the same except weekends I do plan using it :tongue:
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I pre-log so to know what I have to work with as I go about my day. If something changes I adjust the diary
  • newcomer9
    newcomer9 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i pre log to control my over eating. lol i do only break fest,lunch, and mid day snack. dinner is what ever i chose to do with my left over caloris basicly. but if i dont prelog it isnt a a big deal. all my food perpackeged so i can grab and go instead of using the excuse i dont want to weigh all my food and wait to eat, ill just guess.

I guess it really depends on people and their lifestyle
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    A little of both. I like to.ore log so I know exact calories accounts but am flexible and sometimes I have to go back and make changes

This! I try to pre-log my day every morning and then make adjustments as the day wears on.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I usually log as I eat, but sometimes I'll pre-log if I know what I'm (probably) going to eat. I can always go back in and change it if need be. Sometimes I even change is after I close my diary for the day. :devil: I know, I'm naughty. :tongue:
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    If I'm wanting to eat out or treat myself, I log it before hand.
    That way I can make sure that it fits into my calorie allowance for the day!
    If it doesn't, then I take it off and tomorrow is another day.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    I pre-log to have a plan for the day. I don't always stick with it, but I try!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,266 Member
    Options
    I have really found myself prelogging more and more as I go on. I do my dinners for the whole week once I have my menu set. I have the same pre workout/breakfast every day as well so that gets logged at the start of the week as well. Then, I usually plan my lunches and snacks the day before based off of left overs or what I have on hand. I also log my exercise weekly.

Now, sometimes I have to change things around, but I do seem to stick to it pretty well. By knowing what my dinners are a week ahead, I can make sure my lunches and snacks fit well with them calorie wise. I can make sure it all adds up correctly.

One reason I have decided to do this is because of how tight my schedule is going to get once classes start back up. I don't want to be wasting time I don't have, especially when it comes to packing my dinner for between my workout class and my actual class (1hr break). If I know what I am packing ahead of time, I can do it in no time and be out the door.
  • KechiaG
    KechiaG Posts: 55
    Options
    Yes, I pre-log. I am trying to make sure I eat the appropriate amount of calories and it helps me stay on track. :wink:
  • Heather060801
    Heather060801 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do pre log and am pretty good with sticking to it. This works better for me. I am a "planner" by nature, lol
    :happy:
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm about 50/50. I try to cook up "batches" of food. 20 turkey meatballs, or 4-5 servings of easy to reheat side dishes. If I get in the grove of eating a lot of the same thing for several days in a row, I pre-log so I know how much wiggle room I have. I also make sure I have logged all my food for the day before I have dinner (especially when I go out) so I know how many calories I have left over for the rest of the night.

Then, there's days where I get too busy and log after I've eaten. Sometimes it's not pretty.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I usually do pre-log. It allows me to see what my whole day would look like so I can make adjustments beforehand. For example, if my sodium is too high, I'll look and see what I can lose or change to get it down to where I'd like it to be.
  • rferron1163
    Options
    I always pre-plan because it makes it easier to know what you can have for the day and also you can adjust as you go to make sure you don't go over.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    I do not log the day ahead but I also do not eat anything that is not logged beforehand, so my one rule, If i have not logged it I do not eat it
  • tarabatton
    tarabatton Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I tend to prelog when I am aware of a meal I am making or if Im going out to dinner so I don't go over my calories earlier in the day.