How often do you guys weigh?

Options
I find it hard going a week between stepping on the scales!

Replies

• mushfroom012
    Options
    i try to step on the scale every morning. before breakfaast
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    A lot will tell you to do weekly but I do daily. I write it on the calendar every morning. I just don't get too excited by day to day changes and only put faith in changes that last several days. It is not uncommon for weight to drop, go up a slight bit, then balance out for a few days. I also only log my weight in on MFP once per week. I think as long as you use other measures of success, such as measuring, checking BMI, and monitoring how you feel and how your clothes look, weigh when you want! Just my 2 cents!
  • mandydanyele
    Options
    Like too many times a day :ohwell:
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    "officially" once a week, but I usually sneak a peak midweek to see what's going on ...
  • Bobbie_89
    Bobbie_89 Posts: 146
    Options
    I weigh every morning before I eat, but I record it on MFP once a week, usually Sunday or Monday. The weight goes up and down on daily basices.
  • TXGirl821
    TXGirl821 Posts: 115
    Options
    Mmm...it depends really. I used to be a daily weigher, but my scale at home sucks. Now I just weigh at the gym and I only seem to do it once a week or once every other week. If I see the number too often, I start playing games and messing up and that does me no good. So for my own sanity, this works better for me. But some people are able to weigh daily with no issues at all. :)
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    every other day or 3...never more than that
    1st thing in the a.m.
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    What I do is weigh in every Sunday morning after waking and nude. Measurements once a month. Weight fluctuates to much throughout the day.
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Daily, MULTIPLE times a day.... even tho i've been liking the numbers recently i am going to stop. Im putting the scale back in the trunk of my car. lol
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    whenever I feel like it. Sometimes it's every day, sometimes it's once a week. I dont' care so much about the scale anymore, I'm pretty much maintaining and like to base my success on measurements, how my clothes fit and how I look and feel. however I am sometimes curious about the # I might see so I cave and step on anyway.
  • kurita3025
    Options
    You can weigh whenever you want to. However, your weight can fluctuate about 2 pounds per day just due to water weight. This is especially true for women during your TOM...at that point you can add a few pounds more. It is generally better to weigh yourself once a week. Weight isn't generally the best indicator of how well you are doing anyway. Taking measurements is a better way.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    On Monday mornings. That's it.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I sent this to a friend of mine on here:

Non-fat weight can go up and down- water can be retained or lost over a matter of hours. Muscle mass can increase and decrease over a matter of days.

Stepping on the scale differently (your foot placement on the platform) can affect the displayed weight.

The roller-coaster effect can affect your confidence and encouragement on a daily basis.

Because of this, weight loss is best monitored weekly, when you have a more consistent pattern of exercise and diet to reflect over the week's water retention/loss and muscle mass variance. Weigh weekly, at the same time of the day on that day of the week.
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Most every day to keep myself in check. Sometimes at night when I had a really good day. My official weigh-in is on Friday's so that is the only day that I record.
  • Jenloma
    Jenloma Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Once a week, either Friday morning or evening. :)
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    anywhere from one week to one month
    always weighed in the morning
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    *kitten* the scale! lol. It really isn't a measure of your progress. Once or twice a month at most.
  • wattsj56
    wattsj56 Posts: 94
    Options
    Awesome guys! See, unfortunately I'm all about the scale :/. I want to but am scared of weighing everyday in fear that I might be a pound heavier then completely starve myself for the rest of that day. I've never weighed myself more than once though. Whenever I do weigh I do it first thing in the morning, but I always pee and make sure I'm nude first. Also, if I know I'm going to weigh in the morning I make sure I don't eat late the night before! Keep on with all the answers though, it helps me :). Y'all are great, and are all beautiful!
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning after I pee + no clothes or just a thong. I used to weigh myself DAILY and it was an emotional roller coaster ride. I finally had to put my scale in the garage so I'd stop obsessing. Weekly for me is way better!
  • MzAnne65
    MzAnne65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Monday, Wednesday and Friday in the morning before breakfast. I only update my weight on MFP on Monday. My weight fluctuates daily, but I like to know where I am on a constant basis. I have noticed that when I am not "weight conscience", my eating habits tend to change. :blushing: It is a way to keep me in check.