How often do you guys weigh?

Options

Replies

• citizencrp
    citizencrp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I weigh 2x a week on average, in the morning. The weight just hasn't been changing enough to warrant daily weigh ins.
    My nutritionist highly recommends daily weigh ins because you need to have some sort of daily reminder to keep your weight in check and your health at the top of your to do list. But if you're logging your food intake every day on MFP, THAT is your daily reminder, so weekly weigh ins are more appropriate, because we all know the scale is not always the most honest reflection of what's going on.
    But if you stop logging, start daily weighing to make sure the scale doesn't start creeping up.
  • sexikc
    sexikc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Im somewhat addicted to the scale...get on it all the time...i love to see it move down and stay down...lol i offically record on monday or tueday...
  • amselby81
    amselby81 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I know everyone says not to, but I weigh myself everyday. It's crazy how much my weight fluctuates! I only record my weight once a week, as long as there is an actual loss on my "official weigh in" day. I last recorded my weight on Saturday the 4th. I weighed in at 202.4. The earliest I'll record again will be tomorrow, but I have a feeling I won't have a loss. :( But I actually lost weight this week, and then found it again. So last Saturday I weighed 202.4. Monday I weighed 198,and I was so excited but didn't record it since it had only been 2 days since I recorded. I also felt it was too good to be true. Sure enough it was. Wednesday I weighed 206!!! What the crap!?! And I was doing well with diet and exercise so how was I able to go back up to 206? Anyway, this morning I was back down to 202.4. I bet I'll be 203 or 204 tomorrow, which will suck since it means no loss in the last week.

Oh, and I always weigh myself first thing in the morning, but after I've gone to the potty.
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I was weighing myself twice a day. It was a problem. I'd get bummed out if the numbers went up by even, like, .2. Yesterday I asked my fiance to hide the scale. I'm done letting it stress me out.
  • wattsj56
    wattsj56 Posts: 94
    Options
    That's funny, my boyfriend said he was going to hide the scale from me too :D. All of y'all are doing great. I'm so jealous. I'm going to be so excited when I get down to 199, totally will have to treat myself with something :D.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Twice a month.
  • qweenmum
    Options
    Every morning before jumping in the shower. I know it's a lot, but I want to see my results right away!! I guess I'm just impaitent that way.
  • KittyCandy
    Options
    I don't own a scale. I'm not sure that I ever want to own one. I only weigh myself when I go to the doctors. my weight in's have been few and far between.
  • PinkPaintedLady
    PinkPaintedLady Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Same here!
  • bigGirlGoesSmall
    bigGirlGoesSmall Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. every Monday. That's just what I do. I might start going every 2 weeks.
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    Friday morning only. The up and down of weighing daily would drive me nuts.
  • LittleMissSunshine418
    Options
    I told myself when I started I'd weigh once a month, but my scale is in my bathroom so I can never resist so I step on first thing every morning.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Every day, first thing before using the bathroom. I splurged on the Fitbit Aria, so I often don't even bother to look at the scale. It makes it almost like a video game for me whenever I do finally look at the weight on the website. Sometimes it looks like a bit of a mountain range. :)
    I only enter it here at MFP on Mondays though, and I round to the nearest pound.
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    Every day, if I'm losing; every few days if I stall.
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday morning. The rest of the time, the scale stays in the bathroom, unused.

It would drive me absolutely nutso to see +0.2 on Monday morning, -0.6 Monday afternoon, +.11 Tuesday morning, lather, rinse, repeat

ugh
    :sick:
  • VorJoshigan
    Options
    Fun with graphs! This is why I said it was like a videogame for me.

Last 30 days:
    7aaf5de1.jpg

Since February when I got serious:
    fef166fd.jpg
    Some of the jumps are from switching to a different scale.

Since I topped out:
    400df6b4.jpg
    I wasn't even weighing every week last year.

Please note that 290 is a waypoint, not a final destination. See my profile for further details.
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    ^ you should add trend lines!
  • VorJoshigan
    Options
    ^ you should add trend lines!
    I wish. The fitbit graphs are fairly weak and data export leave much to be desired.
  • Karenwinpa
    Options
    once a week, but I like to see where I am mid week so that is gives me strenght to
    hang in there and eat right til weight in. :laugh:
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Right now while it is so hot, I weigh every morning, then before I run and again after so I can make sure I drink enough water after a workout.