Joined MFP One Year Ago Today - Frumpy to Fit!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• kemmy45
    kemmy45 Posts: 59
    Options
    You look amazing, congratulations on your new life.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your kind comments. I love the support and encouragement from the wonderful people here on MFP! In answer to a couple of questions I saw:

I feel great! Losing weight and getting fit has turned back the clock. I have so much energy now that was lacking durirng my heavy years.

Someone asked about other activities that helped me along. Besides walking, running, Tae Bo and Chalean Extreme, I danced along with Zumba routines on YouTube and just tried to keep moving. For instance, I substitute teach and would walk laps around the classroom as the students worked or do 90 second arm or leg exercises from quickiechick.com. I like working outside, so I worked in the yard and gardened. Basicallyy, I avoided sitting and moved as much as I could get away with. I've always tended to fidget (bouncing my legs while sitting). I heard people can burn over 300 calories a day fidgetting, so I allowed myself to fidget in church or anywhere else when I had to sit. I've recently overcome my fear of falling off a bike. I'm up to 10 miles and gradually increasing. Next, I want to become a better swimmer. My husband can teach me, if I can get him to meet me at the pool.

And yes, my husband is proud of me, which makes me happy. We had a deal--he would quit smoking if I reached my weight goal. He actually quit, but was smoking again within a week. He has serious back pain, so I can't be too hard on him. To the young woman who suggested I get good running shoes and run from my husband, I have good shoes, but I'm still crazy about my man. I can wear the shoes to chase off anyone who tries to take him from me.

God knew what he was doing when he designed human bodies. Make the most of what you've been given. As with our minds, we fail to make the most of what we've been given. It's amazing what we can accomplish when we test our limits. Be brave and go for the gold! We may not make the olympics, but we can be better.

God bless you all, and press toward the mark!
  • sdurrahMpls
    sdurrahMpls Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Honey honey honey!!!! You look fabulous, and you've done some wonderful work building muscle there! You are seriously my new inspiration.
  • janrarey
    janrarey Posts: 10
    Options
    Loved your story and your pictures. You are an inspiration for me. I want to be a silver fox too!
  • TheBlowersDaughter
    Options
    AMAZING :D:D:D:D
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Omg my jaw dropped. You look amazing! I hope to be in that good of shape when I get to be your age. No offense meant at all there. It's a compliment!
  • Grimlock69
    Grimlock69 Posts: 197
    Options
    YOU.. ARE...AMAZING!!!
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. So inspirational!
  • Lharley220
    Lharley220 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    All I can say is I want to be just like you when I grow up! :love: I love it...you look amazing!
  • vickiemind
    Options
    love your arms and stomach hope mine look like that on my one year anniversary! You look fantastic ! thanks for the inspiration
  • RenaHope
    RenaHope Posts: 80
    Options
    Such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing :)
  • JudeGilford
    JudeGilford Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation. Bet your husband likes taking your pics now! You are a blessing and I thank you.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    WOW, I bow to your greatness...AMAZING transformation!!! You have to be soo stinkin proud of yourself!
  • Candymowens
    Candymowens Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    FarmGirl69 wrote: »
    Words cannot express how impressed I am by your story....you look amazing and I'm so proud of your progress!!! And I love the muscles you have in your arms (my problem area)!! Congrats on your journey!!! :drinker:

• fposte2016
    fposte2016 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite before/after I've seen yet. Thank you so much for posting your pics and story. You look AMAZING!
  • Runfast2017
    Runfast2017 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • hollybod
    hollybod Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Amazing you are such an inspiration. well done!!!
  • katielynn107
    katielynn107 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! Thanks for the detailed success story! You look awesome, not just in shape- but healthy and happy too!
  • tigerlilly24
    tigerlilly24 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely a silver fox!! I'm 30 and you put my body to shame! I am bowing down because YOU are a GODDESS!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!