BOOBS!

Options
Ok so we all know boobs are fat(and while I love mine) I'm just wondering what kind of effect that's having on my bf% results... because a A-cup with my exact measurements and weight would have more lean tissue than I do, which brings me to my question... Anyone know a way to

A) accurately weigh them so that I can deduct that from my weight for a better accuracy of lean tissue

B) a formula for calculating lean tissue that takes into account boob size or measurements

It doesn't really matter when it comes down to it I mostly judge my success on my strength increases and measurements decreasing, but it's late and I'm bored so I figured no harm in asking : )

Replies

• sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I would think your ta-tas would have to be huge to have that profound of an impact on those percentages. while mostly fat, it's not 100%
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    right, not 100% fat but very little metabolic tissue unless you're nursing, which I haven't been for eh.. about four years so pretty much just dead weigh/ decoration : )
  • A_Shannigans
    A_Shannigans Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    If you measure to find your BMI. Either by measuring your neck, waist, and hips or by using body calipers your breast fat will have zero impact.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    If you measure to find your BMI. Either by measuring your neck, waist, and hips or by using body calipers your breast fat will have zero impact.

That's how I see it.

I use both calipers and the calculator on F2F and neither takes boobs into the equation.
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Weigh your boobs? Haha maybe on a digital food scale lol. I've actually thought about doing that once because I truly feel like mine each weight at least 7 pounds and am constantly messing with them. I'm serious about the food scale. Its the only thing that I can think of that would be able to do that lol unless of course they could weight them during a mammogram but you look too young for that.
  • JosieRawr
    Options
    Thanks y'all. calipers are definitely on my buy list, but there are a few other things ahead of them, I was just curious at between D-DD they feel huge(especially when I'm working out)

A digital scale is actually on my list ahead of calipers so I might try that when I get it lol.

this post was mostly boredom driven as opposed to a need to know.
    Hope everyone's having a lovely night!

~*~ Josie
  • Anastasia0511
    Options

A digital scale is actually on my list ahead of calipers so I might try that when I get it lol.

~*~ Josie
    My cousin and I are weighing ours tomorrow lol. You've started something here haha. I have always wanted to know what they weigh I too am a DD andf I'm known for wrapping duct tape around my workout tops because of the serious jiggle and I have plenty of tops that are made for large chested woman and that are made very well, but I hate even the slightest bit of bounce, plus it tears down your breast tissue. Good luck lets us know what you find out haha.
  • JosieRawr
    Options
    Let me know what y'all find out! I don't get to get my scale till after the 15th lol. I am right there with you about the jiggly bounce, I wear my best supporting underwire bra plus a cheap-o sports bra that's probably 2 sizes too small for me to keep them pinned down and in place!
  • bethiemarie1
    bethiemarie1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Weighed mine on a digital food scale! Left one 2 lbs., right one 2 lbs. 4 oz.! I really thought they would weigh more! lol
  • ShaunMc1968
    Options
    hhhmmmm - will follow this with interest. My only (constructive) thoughts are .... a very good sports bra must be an absolute must for a lady.
  • JosieRawr
    Options
    Weighed mine on a digital food scale! Left one 2 lbs., right one 2 lbs. 4 oz.! I really thought they would weigh more! lol

not trying to be indelicate, but what size are they(or you could message it to me if you'd rather not post here n wouldn't mind)
  • JosieRawr
    Options
    hhhmmmm - will follow this with interest. My only (constructive) thoughts are .... a very good sports bra must be an absolute must for a lady.
    lol

sports bras are over rated.. or for smaller ones.. I've yet to even try on one that I can breath in and do a jumping jack comfortably in..
  • Anastasia0511
    Options
    lol

sports bras are over rated.. or for smaller ones.. I've yet to even try on one that I can breath in and do a jumping jack comfortably in..
    You can spend $100, and I have on a sports bra that clams you will be kept in as tight as if you were cemented in, but after a certain size boob they just don't work lol. After size C they all stop working. Well if your boobs are real that is, which mine are. Fake boobs probably stay in place and don't bounce but right now they're not an option duct tape has been my friend for years. Use it for homemade bandaids too lol.
    Edited for misspelling. I notice people write what they edited for. Why?
  • Ziggster70
    Options
    Probably the best, and most accurate way to measure chest weight is to use the water displacement method. It came up as a topic when I was chatting to some therapist friends as a way of advising clients how much added weight their shoulders and back were taking, and the importance of having a well-fitting bra. Here's an article about it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-492169/How-bowl-warm-water-help-buy-bra-fits-better.html
  • Anastasia0511
    Options
    Haha my cousin and I b i t c h about our chests, she is bigger than me and wears a size E lol all real too. Anyway she says to me "this scale better read 10 fricking pounds or I'm gonna be pissed" lol. We b i t c h about them being heavy but yet we don't want to see a measly little 2 pound on the read out lol. I feel your pain :D

Edited because I cant stand stars like this ******* lol messing up the point I am trying to get across lol.
  • JosieRawr
    Options
    lol

You can spend $100, and I have on a sports bra that clams you will be kept in as tight as if you were cemented in, but after a certain size boob they just don't work lol. After size C they all stop working. Well if your boobs are real that is, which mine are. Fake boobs probably stay in place and don't bounce but right now they're not an option duct tape has been my friend for years. Use it for homemade bandaids too lol.
    I'm not sure, I think it's just a courtesy not to leave peeps wondering if they missed something? But yeah, the sports bras are no good for me... I have a hard enough time trying to find a normal bra that accommodates 36-34 between d-dd and believe me, this itty bitty sports bra feels like they're duct taped down lol. N thanks ziggster I'll totally read that tomorrow when I'm on my pc and sober : )

Edit-tablet has a habit of changing my non words to something completely different, even if it's a common abbreviation that I use like "n"
  • Anastasia0511
    Options
    lol

I'm not sure, I think it's just a courtesy not to leave peeps wondering if they missed something? But yeah, the sports bras are no good for me... I have a hard enough time trying to find a normal bra that accommodates 36-34 between d-dd and believe me, this itty bitty sports bra feels like they're duct taped down lol. N thanks ziggster I'll totally read that tomorrow when I'm on my pc and sober : )

Edit-tablet has a habit of changing my non words to something completely different, even if it's a common abbreviation that I use like "n"

So many times in the past I bought smaller tops thinking the tighter the better and yeah it is tighter and hold your *kitten* in but at the same time cracks a few ribs and has you gasping for air lol. And I'll be damned if I am getting a boob reduction. I lifting a lot of weights right now with Les Mills Pump and just heard a trainer tell me that women are going down in boob sizes. His lip almost went up a size after he told me I can count on going down to a size C haha.
  • eddysuchydvm
    eddysuchydvm Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Well, I think the BF guidelines for women most likely include the fact that we have fatty boobs, so if you go by those guidelines, maybe don't worry about the boobs?
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I just looked up body fat percentages, and man, i am glad to be a woman. we get to have a good 12% more body fat than men. (That's nearly double)
    I'd rather have a higher fat percentage than no boobs :happy:
  • JosieRawr
    Options
    Well, I think the BF guidelines for women most likely include the fact that we have fatty boobs, so if you go by those guidelines, maybe don't worry about the boobs?
    I don't think so because there are plenty of members to the i.b.t.c.