Options
    make zucchini tots! so yum!
    I have made these and they are good and fairly healthy-
    Squash - Zucchini, includes skin, raw, 1 cup, chopped
    Onions - Raw, 1/4 cup, chopped
    Parmesean Cheese Grated - 1/4 cup
    Panko Bread Crumbs- 1/4 cup
    Eggs - Whole, raw, 1 large

Spoon by the teaspoonful into muffin tin (GREASED) Pat down with back of spoon. 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until you notice them getting a beautiful brown crust on the edges.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I love them shredded and mixed with a bit of pesto. A little sauce goes a long way so the calories don't have to be high. Sometimes I make a big batch using the shredder on my food processor. It's always a hit at barbecues. Last time someone started scooping it up in those little bowl shaped tortilla chips.
    sounds so easy! It would go well with a skewer of shrimp I bet!
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Where did you get really large zucchini and squash anyway, everytime i go to walmart or publix to look for them there always small or half the size and i can't make my zucchini boats :(

A farm. I'm not being sarcastic, either... go to a farmer's market or something. Much better selection. My local grocery gets them from a local farm, and they're great.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I steam them then add spray butter but I would like to try this Summer Squash Gratin.

http://bunsinmyoven.com/2012/07/30/summer-squash-gratin/
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I made salmon stuffed zucchini yesterday.

Will upload recipe pics and instructions when I get to a computer. On my phone at the moment
  • starlite_79
    starlite_79 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wonderful Parmesan Zucchini Strips

1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
    1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
    4 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise
    1 egg, beaten (or egg substitute)

Directions: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a bowl, combine bread crumbs and cheese topping. Dip zucchini strips into egg, then into crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.

Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/wonderful-parmesan-zucchini-strips-99086?oc=linkback
  • bratleen
    bratleen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Last night for dinner my 20yo son diced up zucchini, yellow squash, and eggplant sauteed them in a little bit of olive oil with chopped garlic and oinions with Italian seasoning and then added some tomatoes (both fresh and canned)--let it simmer in a big dutch oven and then served it with poached eggs on top and a piece of crusty bread. It was fabulous.
  • aften_g
    aften_g Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I made zucchini pizzas the other night, just halved with pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni, low fat mozzarella cheese on top at 350 in the oven for 30 mins. They were delish!
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    salmon stuffed zucchini as promised

dinnerd.jpg

boil zucchini until semi soft, cut in about 1.5-2inch strips and dig out the seeds. put in a bowl (you can use those for omelets, etc)

then fill in the centers with your salmon mix. drizzle parmesan on top and put in oven for about 15 minutes

drizzle with sweet chili sauce on top

recipe.

about 1 zucchini per person

Use either fresh or canned salmon - I use fresh. About 3oz of salmon per person.

Take all the salmon, flake and mix with 3 tbsp dijon mustard, 3 tbsp of cottage cheese, 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, pepper to your liking and about 1 topped tbsp of sour cream. half a large bellpepper finely chopped and mixed in. that is your filling