Hair thinning out of no where?

Options
2»

Replies

• for2day
    for2day Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I would see a doctor. I have thyroid disease and most of it has been removed, but my hair started falling out, about your age. You should get it checked and if it is that, it really can effect your iron levels, which will also effect your hair - thyroid effects allot of things, in your body. Make sure you ask what your number is, because my doctor dismissed it for 5 years until I started choking and my neck started bulging out. It was my OB/GYN that took over my health care and since I was pregnant at the time, about 2 weeks after giving birth, I was in having surgery. I don't mean to scare, but you need to see your dr. and ask him about seeing an endocrinologist, this is their field and will know for sure if it is your thyroid. I wish you well and hope you get your answer!!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I have had that happen a few times in my life. In my case, it is apparently a matter of hair follicles maturing too quickly. My doctor said it could be due to a change in medication, and it does seem to happen around times when I make some sort of change like that. If you are experiencing the same thing, it is temporary and your hair will eventually go back to normal.
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much ladies!! I really appreciate it! I will definately get my thyroid checked again just to be sure and still up my protein along with some other suggestions you gave!