Pregnancy test help (pic)

Options

Replies

• j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I had a faint one too, 8 months later I had a little boy. Buy the pink tests, blues are not reccomended. I also took a digital because I didn't believe I was pg on day 29 and it came up "pregnant" that was right after my faint line.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    2 days late is a little early for a test....I would wait another week (I know I know...so excited!) or hit up a clinic and let them do a urine test. My friend did the exact same test and the line was VERY obvious...good luck!!
    Um no. I tested before I was even due for my period for both my kids. 12 days after I conceived them. I was really trying though. Used dollar tests with both and then I bought the digital "pregnant" or "not pregnant" ones. False positives are extremely rare. You are pregnant. Congratulations :)
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    it doesnt matter how dark the line is a line is a line congrats id retest though
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    My line was always faint when I tested 4x and 4x I was pregnant.. I would wait and do another in 5 days to be sure and then call the dr.. Good Luck.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Unless there is NO line at all, then I don't take that as a negative result. There is definitely a line, even if it is faint. Congratulations!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    The equate blue dye tests sometimes false positive lines. Blue dye tests are bad about that. I would get a NON-blue test and test first thing tomorrow morning. If you are pregnant, you should get a darker line in the morning even if you are still really early.

I had an equate test do this to me and I wasn't pregnant. I hope it's positive for you, though! Oh, I agree with the PP about dollar tree tests. They are pink dye and only cost $1. You can stock up!!
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I see a line, but blue line tests are notorious for being inaccurate. I'd retest first thing in the morning with a pink line test.

Yup blue dye tests are notorious for what they call evap lines. I have this happen to me many times. Buy an EPT red lines test they are more accurate. I have gotten several false positives on blue dye ones!!
  • _Cheyanne_
    _Cheyanne_ Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    you are pregnant, you can't get a "false positive" Congradulations!! Share your baby dust over here :)

yes... there is no such thing as a false positive with pregnancy tests. false negatives are common, but any shade of blue in the second window means it detected HCG. congrats!!
  • SWilkins75
    Options
    That is too dark for an evap line. I went through fertility help to conceive my daughter and I bought so many pregnancy tests, I started buying them in bulk online lol... Start picking out names ;)
  • SWilkins75
    Options
    you are pregnant, you can't get a "false positive" Congradulations!! Share your baby dust over here :)

yes... there is no such thing as a false positive with pregnancy tests. false negatives are common, but any shade of blue in the second window means it detected HCG. congrats!!
    Actually there is such a thing, but it's very rare. I googled that LONG ago.
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    Eh, you can see a line. Go see a doctor and get tested with a pee test there, they have ones that are better at getting it right.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    same thing happened to me, I was preggo
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Yup looks positive to me!! congrats!!!

I am 17.5wks pregnant now :))
  • SWilkins75
    Options
    I wouldn't wait. Buy the digital test that says, "pregnant or not pregnant" now. If it says pregnant, call your doctor and make an appt for the blood test. I agree about the dollar store tests. They work very well, but I still went out and bought the digital one ;)
  • ambercholtz
    ambercholtz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I had a light line like that with my son, you are. :bigsmile: Congrats!!!
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    That is exactly what mine looked like 10 months ago.. I now have a chunky baby boy :)

My suggestion, spend the couple extra bucks and get the "EPT" pregnancy test. Wait a day or two, then test again (first thing in the morning - the HCG will be more concentrated at that point).

Congratulations though!! Its the most wonderfully amazing thing you will ever experience!!

Edited to say: When MY pregnancy test looked like yours does, I was two days late.
  • mirasmom02
    Options
    Yep!! I think so! That's how mine always looked...and I even used Dollar Store pregnancy tests at first. After 2 of the "cheap" tests looked like yours, I waited 3 more days and took a more expensive test (EPT) and it WAS positive all 3 times (I have 2 little girls, but sadly lost 1 baby).

So, my advice would be to wait until you are more like a week late, take a better test & do it first thing in the morning (that's what the tests recomend anyhow)

P.S. Congrats (if it is)
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Looks positive. I don't think the digital are as sensitive as the regular stick test. I would get another test and test first thing in the morning. The pregnancy hormones multiply very quickly so the line should definitely be darker tomorrow. Make sure and use first pee of the day as the hormone is more concentrated. Good luck. Babies are wonderful!
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Its a positive!
    Better call Maury!
  • Hope502012
    Hope502012 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me with my first pregnancy!

Use your first pee of the morning! Test again tomorrow with a different brand (but not digital) I like first response or ept!

I don't like those digital tests especially after filling up on water which would just dilute the urine and reducing the detectable amount of pregnancy hormone.

I would bet that you are preggers! Congrats!

Agree with Mrs B. Try waiting a week (I know it's difficult) and then the hormone will be stronger to give a clearer result. All the very best :)