Do You Log House Work?

Options
13»

Replies

• jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I don't normally log house work in as exercise but I saw one of my friends do it. Today after cleaning the house I was sweating like a pig and was so tired *whew* felt like a workout to me.

My question is: Do you think I should log those minutes? and Do you log those minutes?

Depends on the type of cleaning. i won't log 15 minutes puttering around loading the dishwasher and folding laundry etc. However recently (yesterday) our house got listed for sale and i cleaned for about 2 weeks. on top of counters, polishing the hardwood floors, moving boxes to the basement, washing walls, etc. I sure logged those calories. I guess i only log it if i feel like i worked hard and for a long time.
  • cole_carter
    cole_carter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    who does house work?
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I don't log this personally and I sweat most of the time. My family are slobs and I am always picking up after them. But I still don't log. Maybe I should lol
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I don't do a whole lot of housework, but when I do it draws a sweat so I would log it. I just spent the last hour washing and cleaning two vehicles, and trust me, it burns calories. I was sweating it out for the last 30-40 minutes so I logged it.
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    no!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    It depends my mood. It counts in my eyes if you are getting a workout from it
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    When I first joined mfp I logged general housework because I didn't have the stamina to get very good calorie burning workouts in and I wanted the extra calories. It also helped motivate me to clean the house! Now that I am able to get 600 to 800 calorie workouts in, I don't need to log it anymore. I do log if I am doing extra that I wouldn't normally do. Oh, if anyone thinks that I was cheating myself by logging those calories in the beginning, I lost weight while eating back those calories, so it must have been okay.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    No. Ever since I started MFP, I find it is best for me to avoid housework completely. :laugh:
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Since I do not mop, vacuum or do laundry/ hang out to dry etc, every day, I do log my housework. Because when I clean I bust my butt and am doing it movin