What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options

Replies

• MissShancey
    Options
    i want to feel as sexy naked as i do with clothes on ...
    i want to feel sexy without make up on ...
    i want to feel sexy with my hair pulled back..
    i want to believe guys when they say im pretty and not think they are just trying to get in my pants..
  • 1JenMilam
    1JenMilam Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I hated feeling like I didn't fit in my skin. It's bad when you feel as if your pants are too tight but once you start feeling like your skin is getting too small..

Fat sex sucks

I wanted to feel pride in myself again

I was tired of feeling sick and tired.
  • anberlingasm
    Options
    To get pregnant. No other reason has ever stuck so this is good motivation for me.
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I want to buy a pair of jeans...In a single digit size.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    2 reasons only i can think of that is thriving me to go.....i look the best i can and get down to my wedding date weight..the second one is to be healthy for my third and final pregnancy since the first 2 i delivered preterm cuz i was obese and carried pre-eclampsia...yea this dont gaurnntee i wont get pre-eclampsia again but it betters my chance to delivering full term rather than early.
  • MrJamsieboi
    Options
    I always wanted to lose weight because I didn't like other people thinking of me as being overweight....if that makes any sence.

Now I want to lose the weight for me to be healthier and happier so hoping I can stick with it, already fallen off the wagon this week but normally I would just give up but MFP is helping me think about it more.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    To feel confident and at home in my own body.
    To look good for my boyfriend - he deserves a nice looking girl, and I don't ever want to give him a reason to be ashamed of me.
    For the trifecta: brains, beauty and awesomeness.
  • hanneberries
    hanneberries Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I want guys to look at me and feel desire tbh.
  • andrewlazenby
    Options
    Kinda dumb to spend thousands of dollars on a new, lightweight bike if I have any pounds I can lose. Kinda like a fat formula 1 driver. Just would not make sense
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Because I want to shop at Ann Taylor instead of Lane Bryant.

Mandi, you are awesome, you know. :love:

I used to be a clothes horse. From the skin out, I was dressed to the nines. I admit, that it will be wonderful to be able to do that again.

My main motivation, however, was a call from doctor's office, telling me that my A1C was in the double digits. (For those fortunate enough to be ignorant of what that means, it's bad.)

Hearing a siren and wondering when-not if-you'll hear it coming for you is no way to live.
  • WikkedKikaSama
    Options
    To control my diabetes and to have more energy! (^_^)
  • Mountainbiker2015
    Mountainbiker2015 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthy and live a long, quality life. I want to move around without feeling tired so quickly. I want to look good too, don't get me wrong but with the heart disease in my family, I really want to try and beat the odds. My brother worked out, quit smoking for 9 years and still had a heart attack. It was genetics and his diet. It opened my eyes to what can happen to me. It took a bit to get truly fed up but that was a nagging thing in the back of my mind throughout the months leading up to my making the decision to get this weight off once and for all. I don't smoke or drink and this weight was the next thing in the rotation of me getting healthy.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I want to feel sexy and love my body.
  • vesta82
    vesta82 Posts: 13
    Options
    I want to feel awesome, look awesome....I want someone to love me because I deserve to be loved and happy with a family of my own!
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    To get pregnant after failing for 4 years. when i used to diet for my so called looks, it only lasted temporary, now I actually have a goal for something else rather than myself it has made dieting alot easier lol
    I too struggled with infertility for many years. I now have a 2 1/2 yr old daughter and 9m old son. My heart goes out to you. I know how it feels. Please add me. I have learned soooo much through the years.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    honestly, i have so many:

miss the fact that i used to be the skinniest one of all my friends
    i'm a large size now, refuse to go into the plus sizes
    miss being thrown around more by my partner who is shorter and tinier than me
    health: i don't want cancer, diabetes, heart attacks, dementia, etc. when i am older
    not having to adjust my clothing all the time

and more!
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    You could call it straight vanity and wanting a better body, but really I want the confidence I have with a better body. I just carry myself better.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be a slave to anything or anyone. Especially not food.
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    To feel better about myself, I want to be as healthy as possible and maybe rid myself of some of my insecurities.
  • Tamoi
    Tamoi Posts: 1
    Options
    I want to look good naked again. After I started college, I put on 45 pounds. I was so disgusted and disappointed in myself. I just learned how love myself again and I'm ready to take off this weight!