What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options

Replies

• RideaYeti
    RideaYeti Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I want to see my kids grow up, get married, and have kids. My dad died when he was 44 (I was 13) of a massive stroke and never got to see any of his kids do those things.
  • IngaRobertsdottir
    IngaRobertsdottir Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There is not a single life goal I have that won't be easier to accomplish if I'm thin, fit, and attractive.

Freaking love that.

^^^ THIS!
  • fitatfiftyfive
    Options
    I can accept getting older - I can accept the gray in my hair - I can even accept the wrinkles - all are inevitable and a part of aging. What I can't accept is being overweight and the possibility of one day losing my teeth - because both are preventable if I take care of myself.....still have my teeth and plan to keep it that way - but was very unhappy with my overall appearance and am now doing what I can to reverse the dumpy frumpy middle aged woman I saw myself to be.....I want to age gracefully and I wasn't doing that. I want to be the older woman that turns heads towards me in an admirable way (not away from me) when I walk into a room!
    So, yes, vanity plays a big part of it - but so does quality of life - because if we truly take care of our bodies, our quality of life goes up as well.
    That's my 2 cents and I'm sticking to it!
  • ncotanche
    Options
    I started this to compete with my room mate when I realized she was more fit than me. (green eye jealously I admit)

However, I so badly want to be able to take a real dance class and not have to think, "gosh before I had knee surgery and became overweight I could do this". I was crazy fit, flexible, and strong. I felt amazing about myself and my body. I know what I am capable of and I want that back with no excuses for why I can't be that way again.
  • bisforbrandy
    bisforbrandy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I want to get back INTO modeling. I miss feeling sexy!!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    To be a sensible weight, so that I can get pregnant.
  • TheLessOfMe
    TheLessOfMe Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    To not be the fat friend for the first time in my life, and to gain some real confidence in myself :)
  • stargazer008
    Options
    For vanity purposes :)
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I want to look great when I turn 40 in 3 years and when I go to my class reunion, lol really to be healthy.
  • buffyangel2000
    buffyangel2000 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    For me I want to get off my diabetic meds, and to be healthy and I want to be nomal weight I have always been overweight since I was 4 years old.
  • mollycule1997
    Options
    I have never had a boyfriend (I'm 15) and I feel that is because I am ugly and fat.
  • kobashi
    kobashi Posts: 164
    Options
    To see my penis more easily. Hated pushing my fat over or sucking in.
  • laurenb1994
    laurenb1994 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    There's not many ''nice'' clothes for people who are bigger - I wanna wear nicer clothes! I miss being able to wear size 12 skinnies!
  • nabak147112
    nabak147112 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    im tired of looking the way i do....and want to be the healthiest i can be for my kids and never know might be able to find that someone special (or so im hoping cuz just seems my weight has something to do with being single..but if not then i still have my kids but having that someone special to share my life with would be great as well)
  • SisterMidnight
    Options
    Sick of looking so ugly
  • misao1994
    Options
    Originally it was to be able to run a 5k! Now it's to lose weight and look good, be healthy and to run a 10k!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Gosh my honest answer is I don't want to die as a fat man, I don't want to be known as the guy that ate himself to death.
  • Sirxx99
    Sirxx99 Posts: 43
    Options
    I got tired of being unhealthy.......... To get something you never had you need to do something you never did.... There is no more excuses.
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I was tired of looking at every single picture of myself thinking about how i let myself go and how awful i looked. and now that i have a little one i want to take lots of pictures with her. i want to love pictures of us together. besides that, i felt run down and slow and couldnt' believe i was wearing the size i was wearing. i had never been that heavy in my life and it was causing me to feel depressed too. and i wanted to look good.
  • 2fat4knees
    2fat4knees Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    because my health is getting scary....don't wanna die! And surgeon won't do knee replacement until I take off some weight