8 months ago today I was 101lbs heavier (PICS)

Options

Replies

• masarc
    masarc Posts: 12
    Options
    Wow nice job! How often did you have to work out to achieve this kind of results? and What was your calorie intake?
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    WOW! What a success story. Keep it up!!! Joni:flowerforyou:
  • EbnyIvry
    EbnyIvry Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. You are an inspiration to others.
  • QueenChar75
    Options
    Woop! Woop! You look amazing! You are really dedicated and have worked your :devil: off!!!!! You betta do it girl!
  • lengirl75
    lengirl75 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Awesome success! I love how high you are holding your head in the new pics! Your confidence must be bursting through the roof! :)
  • jejackson1977
    Options
    WOW! You are SO pretty!

I have lost 90lbs and I still look like the before pic. I have a LONG way to go but you are inspiring!

I am so proud of you for having made it! I just hope I can make it too!
  • Terryj20
    Terryj20 Posts: 33
    Options
    Great job! You have lost a whole person! I hope to be able to post the same some day!!
  • Loisnelson2012
    Options
    I applaud you! You look beautiful and happy.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Wow nice job! How often did you have to work out to achieve this kind of results? and What was your calorie intake?

In the beginning, I worked out 6 days a week. 45-60 minutes of cardio and 45-70 minutes of strength training. I'd do something like:

Mon: Legs
    Tues: Arms
    Wed: Core

And repeat until Saturday and take Sunday off. I did tae bo, kickboxing videos, stationary bike, swimming, dancing and jump rope until I found running.

Lately it's been primarily running whenever I feel like it since it helps the most with stress and is like meditating for me.

My caloric intake varied between 1,200 (most days) to 1,750 depending on how hungry I was. I attempted to eat back my burned calories but on days where I burned 2,000+ . . . it was sort of difficult to do.

I stopped eating fast food and paid a lot of attention to my protein (so I was less hungry) and nutritional values as well. I noticed when I was reallllllly close (never spot on) with what everything should be that I felt healthier those days.

But I truly believe the biggest part was having that breakthrough in therapy when I figured out when my eating disorder started and the emotional impact my life situation left on me for the last 15 years. Since that day I haven't even had the urge to binge eat. I really think that I would have killed myself if I hadn't had the light bulb come on that day. I was miserable and wanted to eat, sleep and cry all day - every day. Now I have a whole new life to live for every day and I couldn't be more grateful for that.

Also, having a great support system of friends and family, and of course MFP, has helped immensely.
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE AMAZING! keep up the hard work! you are an inspiration for all of us!
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You really give me a ton of inspiration and make me believe in myself. I have always had the mindset that my fat is my friend. But seeing you I know that I can do the same thing. :bigsmile:
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Good for you. :flowerforyou:
  • LauraBethGoals
    LauraBethGoals Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Such an inspiration!!!
  • aamc04321
    Options
    WOW!!! Congrats on your breakthrough!!! U r beautiful inside & out!!!!
  • debipepi
    debipepi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    looking great keep,up the hard work.
  • HealthierHappierBrenda
    Options
    Wow, that's great!!! You did so good in 8 months.....
  • coaxum04
    Options
    You look amazing!! Now that's what I called dedication. Keep up the good work because you've offically motivated me even more to work harder. :wink:
  • sowbugangel
    sowbugangel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look great & so much happier! Congrats!
  • DeniseNichole76
    DeniseNichole76 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You just made yourself look so much younger! Great job. I agree with the others, you look SO much more happier too! Keep it up. Youre an inspiration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!