Runners with big boobs?????

Options

Replies

• Nickiii_123
    Nickiii_123 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I LOVE moving comfort bras. They are super comfortable and last forever. I wear mine (the Fiona style) for work (10 plus hours a day) and for running and doing other high impact activities and I've never had a problem with chafing and the girls are always in place. They can run about $46 full price but they're sale a lot, both on the moving comfort website and at REI.
    Good luck, I hope you can find a bra you like.
  • njtheaterchick
    Options
    Here is the link to the article that Runner's World ran. The link should take you right to the page for DD+ but if not, it's the 3rd page.

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-240-323--13727-3-1X2-3,00.html
  • kbairdphillips
    kbairdphillips Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I just have some cheap sports bras from Walmart. I wear 2 that are a size smaller size and it keeps them under control. I wear a 40DDD and I used to have the same problem.
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I wear a 36DD and I use either Champion or the Victorias Secret (the one with the underwire in the sports section NOT the push up cleavage one---seriously WTF?? who wants propped boobs during exercise??)
    I used to teach fitness classes and do the 2 bra thing too.
    Test it---jump and shake in the dressing room.
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38DD also, and have found champion brand sports bras at TJ Maxx that work amazingly well and were only about $12-$15. The only down sides to the ones I have is that they kind of smoosh your boobs into a uniboob, and they can be difficult to get out of (they are the ones with the racer back, not the hooks or zippers). I have found that if you roll them up and over your boobs and then up your back/shoulder a little on one side before actually trying to pull them off its a little easier. I personally can't stand the 2 bra trick, since it seems to jab the under wire directly into me uncomfortably.

This is EXACTLY what I was going to say. I love the Champion brand bras. I buy the 2 pack from Costco. I also buy them a size small so they smush me more. I'm 5'4" at 185lbs with a very full 38D. According to the package I SHOULD wear the XL size in the Champions. I buy the L size and they work great!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    40DDD and I wear one. I get my bras at scheels a local sporting store. It cost me $55 and it keeps the girls where they belong. I used it for a goofy challenge 39.3 miles in 2 days and only issues I had was some shoulder pain. But honestly after running a half and full I expect some pain.
  • KristinaMarieOH
    Options
    I use two bras. A normal underwire bra and a sports bra that is one size too small. Holds em tight in place- no jiggle. Occasionally I will have trouble with chafing underneath my boobs and I use body glide to deal with that. I get my sports bras at the running store and they cost about 54 bucks. I need the one that does up at the back, not the racer type as I cannot get those kinds on.

Just go to a store that sells sports bras and try them on. Jump up and down in the change room to make sure there is not a lot of movement.

I double up for Tae Bo, etc. and triple for jogging. I also buy a smaller size to hold them tighter. I'm just not willing to spend big bucks for a sports bra. I would love to hear suggestions as well. Thanks for asking. :wink:
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I got several sports bras from Sears. They were all under 20$. I'm a 36DD, which means my girls like to jump around, when I run. Those bras keep them in place :)

One looks like this racerback:
    http://www.sears.com/hanes-shaping-foam-sports-bra-hc60/p-018JM324000P?prdNo=9&blockNo=9&blockType=G9

And the other one is to close in the back:
    http://www.hanes.com/clothing/women/bras/sports-bras/hanes-sport-reg;-full-figure-sports-bra
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I LOVE moving comfort bras. They are super comfortable and last forever. I wear mine (the Fiona style) for work (10 plus hours a day) and for running and doing other high impact activities and I've never had a problem with chafing and the girls are always in place. They can run about $46 full price but they're sale a lot, both on the moving comfort website and at REI.
    Good luck, I hope you can find a bra you like.

Moving comfort is the brand I was referring to I forgot to add that.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean...I'm up there in weight but for me running is just something I hate doing. It's not just being busty - it hurts to run. You know, if the running hurts your knees too much - just power walk. You'll still get a darn good workout. At our weights, running can cause some major damage. I remember a post I read in the past week where someone's doc had told them no running as they started to loose weight. It had something to do with the weight causing actual damage to our bodies because of how it impacts our joints and feet.

Like I said, power walking might be a good starting point (or just really fast walking) so get yourself built up and once you drop some weight then try the running. I know my greatest fear is harming myself by accident because the extra weight can cause damage if you are doing exercise like running or crazy moves.
  • Jillination
    Options
    Anita bras...second to none. A bit pricey but worth it! Personally, I get mine on eBay :)

http://www.anita.com/us-en/Products,Anita_active
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I wear an 18 hour wireless bra under my sport bras
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    40DD here (or around there) I have found 2 sports bras and a tighter fitting top when I run work well.
  • dree77
    dree77 Posts: 52
    Options
    I am a 36D (DD in some styles of bra), and I'm sorry to say, you're gonna have to spend the money to get good bra. These are your girls - take care of them! :) I recently bought the 'Tata Tamer' sports bra from Lulu Lemon and I love it - not only does it control jiggle and bounce, it's comfortable and very flattering. It doesn't give you uniboob like most sports bras do. That one was $58 without tax; about $65 with. Totall worth it.

Another one that is good is Champion (I can't remember the specific cut/style). I had two of them and they both lasted me about 5 years!! That one is about $50, but it's worth the money for a long lasting sports bra!
  • tas3980
    tas3980 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I also favour the wearing of the double sports bra (about the same size as the original poster) - strap those puppies down! I bought a shock absorber from Marks & Spencers and wear it over another one I bought from an Australian department store, and to tighten evern more, I criss-cross the straps at the back :smile:

I also have the 'junior arthritis' but from playing netball most of my life... I started out just walking, one step and one day at a time, and now I am two and a half months in, I'm able to break out a jog. For me, personally, I am finding the more weight I'm losing. coupled with the extra movements, my knee's aren't giving me as much grief. Maybe strap them when your starting out...?
  • roguestates
    Options
    sorry but you're not going to get a good supportive bra for high impact activities for that price. I'm 34I and i pay $65 for my enell and around $50 for my shock absorber.

both are well worth the price considering i get NO bounce and they last a long time. i know people who do the 2 bra thing and since the bras arent made to handle all that jelly they break down faster. so they might think they have saving $$ buy paying $30 for 2 bras 4 times a year, but i have enell's from 2 years ago that are still good and the only reason i've had to buy another is from weight loss.

by my math $65 is less than $120

yessir
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Two bras...one underwire (old one), one Champion sports bra. (i am currently 37DDD, so i wear 38DDD). They have a new kind called double dry+ spot comfort that rocks. They even have new colors, which is awesome since we big boobed girlies are typically relegated to black, white or nude colored bras. :p

Go to Champion's website & check em out, they are $31.99 right now.
  • crystaltakingcontrol
    Options
    I use my underwire bra and a sports bra on top.
  • crystaltakingcontrol
    Options
    Also I found a super cute sports bra from marshels that ACTUALLY fits. Usually if they fit my chest width they don't fit my breasts or the other way around. This one is perfect. It was also only 14 bucks.
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber all the way. Anitas are pretty good too. I have 40F's and wont waste my money on anything else. I have had them for about a year now and get washed in the sink with some Woolite about three times a week and hung to dry. They are just as good as the day I bought them. The lady who fitted me said I should buy one that is a little snug on the first set of clasps to save me money since I was losing weight. Well worth the money.