Need to lose a lot quick...

Options
My little brother is getting married on the 22nd of September and I want to lose 30 - 50 pounds. Aside from watching what I eat, what pointers do you have? I injured my knee two weeks ago and it has a hard time with holding weight. I fell on my leg, with all my weight, and bruised my knee all the way down to the bone, and I still have limited feeling on the surface. I am willing to do walk at home videos and watch what I eat, but what tips or pointers do you guys have to help me reach my 30-50 pound goal?

Replies

• Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    You want to lose 30-50lbs in five weeks?

I'm sorry that's not possible, short of cutting off a limb. Since it's for your brother's wedding, I would suggest some control underwear and a flattering outfit.

You can definitely lose some weight in that time, by watching what you eat, doing what exercise you can with your injury. Swimming is a good option.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options

Swimming is a good option.

There is no where to swim for me. I can't afford the community pool or going to a gym and I don't know how to swim.
  • Lozze
    Options
    OK swimming is not a good option then :)

If you can walk, you can do that. It's hard to give advice when you have an injury because I've run on an injured knee, but others would struggle.
  • kittyconni
    Options
    I go to the Metabolic Research Center. I know that last month, they advertised to lose 30 pounds in 5-6 weeks. You might see if there is a center near you or they have an online program as well.

Good luck!
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    That is a VERY unrealistic goal. Why not try setting smaller goals? That way you can have small victories that are cheering you on.

If your knee is injured you should see a doctor and ask him what exercise he recommends according to your injury.
  • b00b0084
    Options
    I go to the Metabolic Research Center. I know that last month, they advertised to lose 30 pounds in 5-6 weeks. You might see if there is a center near you or they have an online program as well.

Good luck!

Never really thought about that. I might have to look into that.
  • ashleymarie530
    ashleymarie530 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I believe you may lose 20-30 pounds by then if you really watch what you eat and if you exersice.
  • roguestates
    Options
    That's not a reasonable goal and you might hurt your body in the process. Watching your calorie intake and walking are healthy changes, as long as you eat enough and don't over-exert yourself and risk re-injury.

Have fun and your brother's wedding. Wear something lovely and enjoy yourself. Don't push arbitrary and dangerous goals.
  • Mmmporkrinds
    Options
    Weight loss can be a long haul - setting too high a goal can mean you give up if you don't get the results you were hoping for. But you (and most likely others) will start noticing a difference well before your goal weight. Even if lose 10 pounds you'll look and feel different - enough to feel great at the wedding, and then carry on the journey. :-)

Good luck!
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Can I ask why you waited so long to lose that much weight? You have been a member here since April 2011, your brothers wedding didn't just happen over night you knew this was going to be coming, so why wait until 5 weeks before the wedding to buckle down?

I agree with the one poster get a flattering outfit and some shape wear, its what I did for family pictures this past June and it turned out just fine.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Can I ask why you waited so long to lose that much weight? You have been a member here since April 2011, your brothers wedding didn't just happen over night you knew this was going to be coming, so why wait until 5 weeks before the wedding to buckle down?

I agree with the one poster get a flattering outfit and some shape wear, its what I did for family pictures this past June and it turned out just fine.

100% agree with this.

As an example, I've been dedicated to this for the last 60 days. I've drastically changed my eating lifestyle and I've also drastically changed my exercise level. I've lost 29 pounds. Keep in mind, I'm a guy and guys generally lose weight faster than girls. I don't think you have much of a chance to properly lose anything more than about 20 -25 pounds given your short time frame and your restrictions on exercise.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but thats really unrealistic. The only people who lose that much in 5 weeks time are extremely obese people (I'm talking housebound) who've had gastric bypass or very similar circumstances.

A more realistic goal would be 10-15lbs, and then some shapewear (Spanx are great under formal dresses) and a flattering top.
  • Lozze
    Options
    OP I forgot to add, when I first started I lost 10kg in my first five weeks. (about 22lbs) I ate strictly on point and was walking every day. And I started about 40lbs heavier than you (301lbs) 20lbs is somewhat realistic considering your starting point, but anything more you're setting yourself up for failure. Good luck either way and go find that sexy dress and feel GREAT about yourself. Confidence is sexy.
  • b00b0084
    Options

My weight has been a yo-yo and a lot has happened since I joined. It is not like I am waiting till the last possible minutes to lose weight. I know it is a far reach to lose what I am hoping to lose, but that doesn't mean I am going to be upset if it doesn't happen. And for a few months I was under so much stress with court and divorce that I couldn't have cared less if I lost weight I just wanted to be done with court. Now I am back and I am roaring to go. And no the wedding didn't happen over night, I have known for 6 years that my brother is going to marry his gf, even if my brother didn't. I asked for tips and pointers, not to be told that I am reaching too far. Thank you.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I think if you make a start now you will feel a lot better by the time the wedding comes around. I started loosing weight for a holiday thats coming up. I know I won't be my ideal shape by then but i'll be pretty near it and that in itself will make me feel good. Make a start today and you'll be slimmer by then. You won't loose 30-50 lbs but you may of dropped at least a dress size which will make you feel much better. Sometimes I think just knowing you are in control of your eating habits and going the right direction is a huge confidence boost. Good luck.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    what tips or pointers do you guys have to help me reach my 30-50 pound goal?

Fast for 3 or 4 days prior to the wedding. You won't lose much weight but you'll feel like you are and the hunger will give you a placebo effect. Then about 2 hours before the wedding, without eating anything "scull" 1 700ml bottle of Jim Beam white label, and follow that up with a second bottle, except use a different spirit, like vodka or rum.

This, combined with the fasting will give you a mental effect similar to 50lbs of weight loss (if you remain conscious), especially if you violently assault one of the brides family members while you are intoxicated.

They certainly will not be paying any attention to your weight.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i suggest that you start last year.
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It's not going to happen.
  • Josedavid
    Josedavid Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    What you are asking here is just... out of point. No, you cannot lose that weight in that time frame. And if you could, believe me, you wouldnt do it... if you want to stay healthy

if you think that years of mistreating your body can be made up with 5 weeks of behavior with only an aesthetic reason behind sorry, it cannot be.

we are all, most of us, here with a health target... some of us we came a long way, my case, 38.8kg less and a complete transformation. Now i train others to manage their weight better... but if you come to me with that i wouldnt accept you as a client. Do not take it as an offense as well as we dont take as an offense that some people would think that losing weight could be that easy and that fast!

good luck!
  • b00b0084
    Options
    What you are asking here is just... out of point. No, you cannot lose that weight in that time frame. And if you could, believe me, you wouldnt do it... if you want to stay healthy

if you think that years of mistreating your body can be made up with 5 weeks of behavior with only an aesthetic reason behind sorry, it cannot be.

we are all, most of us, here with a health target... some of us we came a long way, my case, 38.8kg less and a complete transformation. Now i train others to manage their weight better... but if you come to me with that i wouldnt accept you as a client. Do not take it as an offense as well as we dont take as an offense that some people would think that losing weight could be that easy and that fast!

good luck!

I take no offense to what you are saying. Like I have said before, I know it is far fetched. I also know that my own mom has lost 50 pounds in 2 months before. I guess I should reword what was in my head when I made my original post. It is not so much weight alone I am worried about. If I lost inches that had the look of a major weight loss I would be just as happy. I am pushing 300 pounds so I know at first it will come off fast, then taper out. Maybe I should have just asked for pointers to jump start my loss.