I'm so sorry but with each new photo . . . . . . .

Options

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Dayum, girl! Nice work!
  • hg5159
    hg5159 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. But I understand how you feel. I feel the same way - See myself the old way in the mirror. It's hard to adjust to the new you! But know this: You are a rockstar!!
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    So without looking in the mirror and thinking about how you look, is there anything that does feel good to you about this huge loss of weight?
  • shaydon80
    shaydon80 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. 94lbs lost with about 9 to go. I am 32 years old and it took me about a year and a half to lose the weight. I have done it all on my own with the exception of a gym membership for the first three months. I'm thinking about joining the gym in my office building to try and enlist the help of a personal trainer to get rid of the saggy skin. For me the belly, arms and thighs are the worst :(
    Good luck!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I TOTALLY feel the same way, and I still have a LONG way to go. :( I feel like I have elephant skin...all wrinkly and not full and my boobs are on their way to my knees. It's like exchanging one body image issue for another. I have no idea what to tell you, because I struggle with the same issue, but we HAVE to hang in there somehow!! You are BEAUTIFUL! <3
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Who's the woman in the top pic? Don't even try to tell me that's you...

--P
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    you look awesome !!! believe in that.... I know that there are ways to address the skin sagging but most if not all require esthetic surgeries
    I'm so sorry I just have to share . . . . . . . . . . . . .

With the weight that I lost, currently 91lb and 9lb away from goal, I look at myself (eeeek naked) in the mirror and dispair.
    My skin is saggy, my boobs feel like their emptying and I dont feel sexy at all.

I'm praying, hoping, pleading that all this weight training and exercise will help with my body shape and image and self confidence.

When living day to day and looking in the mirror (eeeek naked) I fell like my 'old' self. Frumpy and ugly and I hate it.

452.jpg

But then I see a photo of me now and I find it hard to believe that this is me?!?!

swimwear2.jpg

. . . . . I see the picture of me and I feel slim and sexy and amazing and then I just think its a lie . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

IF only they saw me naked!!!!!!! does anyone else feel like this??? Its really knocking my self confidence!
  • dlc1966
    dlc1966 Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow! you look awesome and besides, no one is perfect NO ONE and its a good lesson to remember there you are looking amazing in your cute little outfit but fretting about whats underneath...no one but who you want to can see whats underneath so its a safe bet those pictures of celebrities and others who look so good in their little outfits probably worry about stuff the world cant see underneath too!!!!!!:blushing:
    BTW, your arms are kick butt awesome!!! Great Job
  • althaluszombie
    althaluszombie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You looks gorgeous. I must say you were never meant to have some extra baggage. Try Yoga. That has helped to tighten my loose skin. I was 330 lbs and now im 220. I was at 195 but **** happens. The loose skin has tightened on my considerably. I am trying to fine tune it now. Congratulations on your success and all I can advise is take a yoga class and keep on doing what your doing cs it took time to get where you were and it will take lots of time to get you were you want to go.
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I completely understand where you are coming from.

I have often thought to myself..."is all this hard work even worth it if I'm still going to hate my body at the end?"

When thoughts like these get the best of me, I try hard to reassure myself that it isn't all about the outside.

We are making these changes to be healthier and to perform better.

I realize when I think like that I'm looking at the wrong reasons for my weight-loss journey.

Sure you may have saggy skin and stretch marks but think about what you can do now that you couldn't before..
    Walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded, play more with your kids, lower blood pressure, lowered risk of heart attack, etc.

Think about how you've made-over the INNER you and it will help you stay focused and motivated.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! But I absolutely know the feeling. In time with more strength training your body composition will shift and you will learn to love who you see in the mirror
  • sjflowers
    sjflowers Posts: 148
    Options
    You need to take off your "fat goggles"!! you look totally hot. Be proud of what you've accomplished!
  • hydelaa
    hydelaa Posts: 184
    Options
    Interesting topic...that's what I have been afraid of myself, not that I am any where near that weight loss goal. How long did it take you to lose the 91 lbs? I think if it's done slowly, there wont be a lot of "saggy" skin but at the same time everyone's bodies are different. Lots of toning I would assume, good luck!!!!
    The smaller boobs I'm worried about too, LOL..I love my big knockers, though they already are saggy, LOL
  • hydelaa
    hydelaa Posts: 184
    Options
    I completely understand where you are coming from.

I have often thought to myself..."is all this hard work even worth it if I'm still going to hate my body at the end?"

When thoughts like these get the best of me, I try hard to reassure myself that it isn't all about the outside.

We are making these changes to be healthier and to perform better.

I realize when I think like that I'm looking at the wrong reasons for my weight-loss journey.

Sure you may have saggy skin and stretch marks but think about what you can do now that you couldn't before..
    Walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded, play more with your kids, lower blood pressure, lowered risk of heart attack, etc.

Think about how you've made-over the INNER you and it will help you stay focused and motivated.

RIGHT ON!!!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Gosh, you look gorgeous! Adjusting to the way you look now must be hard, but after everything you have been through to get here I think you owe yourself the treat of a) not apologising for the way you look and b) knowing you have done an amazing thing, even if only in terms of your health. "Toning" up for you is just a small step now :) Well done though! Amazing :)
  • ruthiestamos
    ruthiestamos Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and I am sure feel great, but sometimes it is hard to see the new you in the mirror. just give it time and your mind will catch up with your body. keep up the great work. you have inspired me to keep going on my path
  • isis2triple0
    isis2triple0 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This is simple, make sure the person that you take your clothes off in front of loves you for you and this includes you! Get it?? You have done an amazing job, now get a good weight lifting program going pump some serious iron (no stupid pink dumbbells!!) and everything will tighten and tone up in a few short months you will see a huge difference! Good luck
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I think u look beautiful! U may have lingering feelings from having your former body. But hopefully that will go away. If you still have a bad self image after your weight loss goal is met, I would probably consider getting some counseling so u can fianlly tell the old you goodbye! U are very inspiring!! :)
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!! I don't have anything new to offer...just water and strength training, but I couldn't pass up the change to tell you that YOU LOOK GREAT!
  • Sirxx99
    Sirxx99 Posts: 43
    Options
    I know what you mean and how you feel there are several things I still struggle with like my brain still tells me I am still large. Other people dont see it like I do. However i need to focus on the things I can control. Like being happy, keep going when times are tough, be persistant. My body is going to look and act how it wants but as long as I know I did what I could and did my part then myself and others will like me for who I am and not what I look like.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!