i need help my partners eating dorriiitoooss ffs!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a matter of complaining, she's not eating enough. Her diary shows a huge quantity of calories missing. The system sets up the amount based on what she needs to eat (includes exercise) and I think her body is in starvation mode. That's why she's craving those Doritos.

You could always pop some pop corn or at a huge mango. You have lots of choices but right now - your body is saying you need food!
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a matter of complaining, she's not eating enough. Her diary shows a huge quantity of calories missing. The system sets up the amount based on what she needs to eat (includes exercise) and I think her body is in starvation mode. That's why she's craving those Doritos.

You could always pop some pop corn or at a huge mango. You have lots of choices but right now - your body is saying you need food!

she's complaining that someone is eating near her, something she "cant" eat. that's complaining. i agree that she needs to eat something. that's what i said before, actually. but apparently telling someone to eat doritos is "insensitive" :noway:
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Nope. It's not insensitive. Sometimes you have to have a small amount of something you loved to keep yourself on your diet. There's nothing wrong about eating a Dorito. It's not the same as an addiction to something harmful. Frankly, I like the flavor of Doritos and one day I'll probably look at the package and insert a small amount in to get it out of my system.

Doritos are made of corn - so they also have some stuff that's probably not healthy in them - but if she's not making a habit of it - then she should eat the right amount and up the calorie count. It's that or she needs to eat something healthy. I suspect her craving has nothing to do really with the Doritos. If she had eaten her calories, her hunger wouldn't be shining through. Basically, it's like they say - don't go to the grocery store when you're hungry. You'll spend all your money. Well, she's hungry!

I think the can't eat complaint is because she doesn't want to eat anything more for the day.
  • fitatfiftyfive
    Options
    Get up and walk into another room . Take a look at yourself in the mirror. Congratulate yourself for the weight you have already lost. Ask yourself what you really really want and if the Doritos will help you achieve that. Eat a healthy snack - something you really love - and yes, dring some water or, some unsweetened iced tea or decaf coffee if its night time.
  • kairisika
    kairisika Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It's all about moderation, that's all I have to say on the matter.
    agree. remember this is a life change.. not a diet. If you deprive yourself, you will fail. Work it into your calories and HAVE IT...
    I dont understand why people think they cant eat?? I have them in with my taco salad. *shrugs* im still losing!
    If you deprive yourself terribly of everything, you will certainly fail. But depriving yourself of a specific food you have learned you have a lot of trouble to moderate is not necessarily going to make you fail.
    When a person is trying to quit drinking, we don't suggest they let themselves have some wine here and there to not deprive themselves - we recognise that none is generally much easier to control than some. For some people, chips, or sugar, or whatnot has a similar trigger, and they are much more likely to stay on the diet if chips are a complete no-go than if they have to try to eat some but not the whole bag.
    if you're addicted to any food that badly - you need counseling. if youre NOT addicted to food (in your head) and your body is craving a binge, it probably means its missing out key nutrients. thats why pregnant women crave dirt and other weird things - their body is craving that mineral.
    alcohol is a physical addiction. i would know, my mother is one. her body ACTUALLY needs it (she'll have seizures without it) and her body reacts differently to alcohol than other people who aren't alcoholics. i think food "addiction" is all in the head, so i dont see why people either cant a) get counseling or b) recognise it, and stop complaining on a message board
    Actually, sugar, for one, is known to be addictive in the same way that caffeine and other materials are. Sure, it doesn't do the same damage as something like alcohol, but that doesn't mean it can't be a problem.
    When it comes to foods like chips, whether it's a physical addiction or a mental thing doesn't matter.
    Some people *do* recognise it, and decide that they need to stay away from chips entirely, as they fail to control their intake when they try to eat *some*. That seems to be what the OP has decided. So it's not unreasonable for her to be frustrated when around them, just as many smokers get twitchy.
    It's not controlling to wish that a partner would help you achieve your goals by avoiding foods you can't do (for whatever reason). It's asking for help and support.
    Same with with the forum complaining. It's the Support forum. It's made for people who are needing reassurance or help in one way or another. If it helps, good. Sure, there are piles of posts that seem ridiculous to many people (and we each have lines in different places), but it's easy to just ignore those ones.