best tasting "healthy" peanut butter?

Options
124»

Replies

• sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Where do you guys buy PB2 at? Amazon? I've been wanting to try it out.

Bellplantation.com The chocolate PB2 is awesome!!
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I like the "grind it yourself" kind at Whole Foods. It's just peanuts, nothing else. You don't need to stir it and it tastes freaking awesome.
  • doin_it_in_the_gym
    Options
    bump
  • joeamendiola
    Options
    I use to love Chunky Skippy with honey. I never see it anymore. I've been wanting to try the Smart balance or make my own in my Vitamix. I did try the almond butter and its OK. Just not for me.
  • shierrarobin
    Options
    As long as you watch your portions, there's no reason you can't have the peanut butter you're used to. I have given up a lot of things since I started MFP, but peanut butter isn't one of them. I've lost over 30 lbs since I started and I never once stopped eating peanut butter. I'll put 2 tbsp on a sandwich with a banana or a little jelly and it's perfectly fine. Just don't overdo how much your eat and you'll be fine.

But if you still want healthy peanut butter, my grandma introduced me to Smuckers all natural peanut butter. I didn't like it, but you might. It's actually more calories than Jif, but it's made from all natural ingredients, so in the end it's better for you.
  • curvyvegan
    curvyvegan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love Maranatha - it's really really creamy and only lightly roasted so it retains a natural sweetness with no added sugars. You can buy it without salt, but even the salted has about half the amount of salt as other brands. Trader Joe's now sells Maranatha under it's own Trader Joe's label, it's the organic peanut butter in the glass jars. So smooth and delicious!

My husband swears by Adam's, he likes the grainier texture. Justin's also has a nice grainy texture if that's your thing.
  • missmayeb
    missmayeb Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I missed it but I am OBSESSED with Justin's Honey Peanut Butter or Almond Butter. They also have Chocolate flavored. You can buy them in single serving packets or in the jar. One serving is 2 T so I usually only do 1 at a time and that's 80 cals. I also like Earth Balance Crunchy with flax seed for when I have a craving. Same with this one, only 1 T instead of the 2.

I am going to have to check out the powder peanut butter. Sounds pretty awesome. Hubs would probably like it for his protein shakes too.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Meh, PB2 is okay for shakes or smoothies but def. not for a PB &J.

My favorite is the Laura Schudder's All natural peanut butter.
  • txangel0319
    txangel0319 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yep!! PB2 is the way to go. It tastes great and is super low in calories compared to other PB.
  • sharonloraine
    sharonloraine Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter & Co - Cinnamon Raisin Swirl this is the best peanut butter and it is all natural. they have different varieties and you can order on line at www.ilovepeanutbutter.com:love:
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    I eat Maranatha smooth peanut butter - but after I finish that one I'll start making my own :)
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    PB2, by Bells Plantation. I get it at the organic food store. You might not find it on the shelves of a regular store. Mix it with water, mild texture, great taste, not oily! I love Jif, and this stuff is awesome!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I'm with her on this one for sure!
    The very best there is, is pure ground peanuts. Some grocery stores have them where you grind them right there on the spot. They usually have almond butter too. These are best because they are only one ingredient, the nuts-ground fresh. I started eating the ground almond butter and would NEVER buy the other packaged stuff again. Have you seen all the added sugar and salt in them? Crazy and unnecessary.

Give fresh ground a try! I can get it at Winco and Smiths.

Same here. Fresh ground nut butters but I avoid peanut butter. Frankly, I prefer to eat an ounce of nuts.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess I am having peanut butter for a snack after all.

THANKS GUYS.
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I like "Better N Peanut butter" 100 calories for 2 Tbsp with 2 grams of fat! this the real deal
    I found it orginally at Trader Joe's in Seattle...found locally at Target in Clearwater Florida
    also you can find it online. It's a little pricey at around $5.70 per jar...but well worth it!

Another person local to Clearwater! haha we clearly love peanut butter around here.

I had a wrap this morning! PB2, a banana, and Ole wraps (from Sams on G2B that are like 68 calories and REALLY high in fiber). It is the absolute best on the way to work. Its unreal seeing people from my area! I actually just moved from PPark. Sawgrass Village and 49th/70th lol. Shenanigans! :-P

Ahhhh I love those wraps! I actually have some at home.. I might actually try that. I never thought of using them in breakfast! My sister used to live right over there, haha. I'm near the ppark police station, harlies, the new racetrac, etc. :P

I'm going to add you if you don't mind!

Yeah Sawgras is directly behind Racetrac. Only ventured to Harlies once....that was enough lol now I live over near Carmax on Roosevelt. Closer to work. And I saw that earlier. Great to have some MFP local buddies! :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    For all the PB2 people: you know you can get defatted peanut flour which is slightly better macros and a lot cheaper :smile:
  • annecolorgreen
    annecolorgreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    what GREAT RESPONSES!!! I should have mentioned that I already use PB2 for my smoothies...I should definitely try mixing it and using it but haven't yet. Another reason I was wondering was because I have grandkids and thought I'd try to have something around that they would eat (and be happy with) too. THANKS!!
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    might sound weird but, ever think of trying soy butter? tastes freakishly like peanut butter, even the all natural healthy versions. and it has almost TRIPLE the amount of protein!
  • sweetiebrittie
    sweetiebrittie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love Justin's nut butter, Maple Almond to be specific.

They have honey, maple, chocolate, regular peanut butter and almond butter, even a hazelnut chocolate.

They are all natural and they have single serving packs if you can't control your portions like me.

http://www.justinsnutbutter.com/products.php
  • cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    Priority 1. do not eat anything with "hydrogenated" listed in the ingredients.
    Priority 2. no sugar or corn syrup

They do exist. I think Smuckers makes one like this.