Open Relationships?

Options

Replies

• skatardrummer
    skatardrummer Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This opens the floodgate of religious opinion, but personally, I have known people do it and it causes nothing but anger, hurt, jealousy, and utter confusion for children involved. Usually people try them because one person doesn't want to commit and wants to play the field, but the other person doesn't really and just gives in to try and save things.

Personally, marriage was completely designed as a vow for better or for worse, two becoming one, as a covanent before God. That was the design. The legal part is for the government. If people don't want to take those vows, then they shouldn't take them. If you don't want to hold to those vows, get divorced. If people feel that they want to live by a differently designed relationship, live by a different design.

Typically people traditionally enter marriage with the idea that it is exclusive. "Married" and "discussing open relationship" raises red flags to me.
  • Aleluya17
    Aleluya17 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I could never ever in a million years do this. Over my dead body.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    When I go down on my wife I want to taste her. Not her mixed with some other dude, nawwwmean?
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that those who promote "the lifestyle" make sure their kids and family know nothing about it.

Why not? If you are so secure in your lifestyle, what's there to hide from those who are closest to you. Live out loud.

It's easy to come on a forum, hide behind anonymity and talk about hooking up with other couples.

This is a pretty weak argument does your family know all about your sex life?

Exactly lol. None of my family or close friends needs or gets details of my personal and sexual relationship. What part of "mind your own business" do people not get?
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that those who promote "the lifestyle" make sure their kids and family know nothing about it.

Why not? If you are so secure in your lifestyle, what's there to hide from those who are closest to you. Live out loud.

It's easy to come on a forum, hide behind anonymity and talk about hooking up with other couples.

Exactly lol. None of my family or close friends needs or gets details of my personal and sexual relationship. What part of "mind your own business" do people not get?

MEEP!
  • Sweetdistraction
    Sweetdistraction Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I made a commitment to my husband. He is the only man who I will be intimate with. I don't miss sex with other guys and I only want my husband. That is how I believe a marriage should be, especially since we have children.
  • yankeesforever
    Options
    When I go down on my wife I want to taste her. Not her mixed with some other dude, nawwwmean?

Yup.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options

yeah i can be in a traditonal marrige and still the kids an family do not need to know mommy dress up like a clown and spanks daddy with wet spaghetti noodles......not that i do that or anything
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

yeah i can be in a traditonal marrige and still the kids an family do not need to know mommy dress up like a clown and spanks daddy with wet spaghetti noodles......not that i do that or anything
    Ohh baby that's just HOT. I love wet noodles and clowns
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options

No clowns Vixen.... just, no.

Really though, why hasn't this thread ended yet?
  • Mrharry83
    Mrharry83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    cant say that it would work for me!! im the jealous type and would always be thinking that i was being compared!
    but each to their own as they say! it obviously works for some folk!!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

edcd615e.png
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options

Pretty much. I don't have a lifestyle for my friends/family and a lifestyle that's a secret.
  • rlmadrid
    Options

Pretty much. I don't have a lifestyle for my friends/family and a lifestyle that's a secret.

That's strange to me... I have parts of my lifestyle that no one but my SO knows. I'd never share some personal/sexual things with family.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Goes to show how different we all are. Some meet other couples and bring them to their bedroom, others are satisfied with one partner that continues to thrill them.

There's nothing to hide from friends and family about being in a monogamous relationship and loving it.
  • rlmadrid
    Options
    Goes to show how different we all are. Some meet other couples and bring them to their bedroom, others are satisfied with one partner that continues to thrill them.

There's nothing to hide from friends and family about being in a monogamous relationship and loving it.

FYI, I am monogamous. I still don't think bedroom details need to be my family's business.
  • StormyGal8
    StormyGal8 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

FYI, I am monogamous. I still don't think bedroom details need to be my family's business.

EXACTLY!! When we were monogamous, we didn't share details of our sex life with people....now we're not and guess what? We still don't share details of our sex life with people. I would be uncomfortable discussing sexual frequency, sex toys, size, etc with my mother, father, sister etc...and I suspect that my family would be uncomfortable hearing it. I had the same views when we were monogamous.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options

8140evil-clowns-posters4.jpg
  • SaraSillyRainbow
    Options
    The only problem I have with open relationship is that I myself would start investing myself emotionally with the other person I would be sleeping with. It's in my nature.

So are you prepared with your mate potentially falling for someone else? It's a bigger possibility once those doors are opened. And not just your mate-- but you.

If you're prepared to take that risk then hey it's your business. Yes, open relationships work, and yes they do fail as well-- but so do many things in life. No one can give you the answer you're looking--- if this is something you want to do then know the risks and be prepared to the outcomes (good and bad).
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

8140evil-clowns-posters4.jpg

Oh my god, the clowns are going to eat me, help, help, the clowns are coming to eat me. *kitten* better bring a BIG fork.