Any good tilapia recipes?

Options
kamakazeekim
kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
Trying a low carb diet and I thought I would try making some tilapia tonight for dinner. Does anyone have any good recipes?

Replies

• Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Parmesan-Lemon-Tilapia (I make that all the time and it is soooo good)

4 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets
    2 tablespoons seafood seasoning (or whatever you have on hand, salt & pepper will do)
    1 serving olive oil cooking spray (such as PAM®)
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    2 tablespoons butter or margarine(such as I can't believe it's not butter), melted
    1 1/2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise or miracle whip
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
    1/8 teaspoon dried basil
    1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/8 teaspoon onion powder

Directions
    1. Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source. Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil. Spray the broiler pan's rack with olive oil cooking spray.
    2. Sprinkle tilapia with seafood seasoning and arrange on the prepared broiler rack.
    3. Mix the Parmesan cheese, butter/margarine, fat-free mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, basil, black pepper and onion powder together in a bowl and set aside.
    4. Cook the fillets under the preheated broiler until fish is barely opaque, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Spread the Parmesan cheese blend over the fish fillets, return to oven, and continue cooking until the topping is golden brown and the fish flakes easily, 3 to 5 more minutes.
  • ABQsheila
    ABQsheila Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like tilapia seasoned with Cajun seasoning. Wrap seasoned individual filets in aluminum foil and then bake or grill them. The cooking time varies according to the thickness of the filet but usually cooks in 5-7 minutes for small filets. When the filet flakes, it is cooked. A squeeze of lemon juice is a nice touch after it is cooked.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I drizzle a tbls of low fat Caesar dressing on it, sprinkle with Panko breadcrumbs or Parmesan cheese and bake, quick and easy
  • kateowp
    kateowp Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Blackened Tilapia with garlic-lime butter from "Cook This Not That". I LOVED it, but the cayenne was too hot for my husband. If youre interested send me a message, Id be happy to write up the recipe.

BYW- by my calculation, my 8oz serving (2 fillets) was 220 cal & one serving of the butter was 121 cal
  • Lauran845
    Lauran845 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I had tilapia for dinner. I pulled it out of the freezer, spinkled some citrus basil seasoning on it and broiled it for about 20 mins. I sometimes use jamican jerk seasoning, but I still broil it. It is so quick and doesn't dry out. I also steamed about four cups of broccoli in the microwave while the oven was going and but Ms. Dash on that. Quick, easy, full of flavor. Three things I think are very important when you are trying to eat healthy.
  • ktully93
    ktully93 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of recipes off Eatcleandiet.com. My favorite tilapia recipe off there is "Tosca's Keep-It-Tight Tilapia". It makes 4 servings and only 183.25 calories each.
  • trailblazer888
    trailblazer888 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love tilapia because it has such a mild taste , you can do almost anything with it. I usually put it in some tin foil with asparagus sprinkle cracked black pepper, fresh garlic and squeeze half a lemon on it. Put it in the oven for 20 mins. Take the asparagus out of the tin foil and then put the fish back in the oven on broil to dry it out. ( that is if you don't like moist fish)

Enjoy!
  • MizzTatiana
    MizzTatiana Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Chicken broth to coat the bottom of the pan
    Italian seasons, pepper with some garlic salt
    a touch of lemon juice
    Bake
    top with some parm cheese if you want
  • WhiteCloud9
    WhiteCloud9 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try the Parmesan Lemon Tilapia. I found a recipe on AllRecipes.com for Blackened Red Snapper that worked well for tilapia.
  • sommerskins
    Options
    BUMP
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    If anyone hasn't tossed this one in yet, TRY IT. It is.. UHMAZING. I believe it is a skinnytaste.com recipe. :3

Classic sauce of butter, lemon and fresh parsley goes perfect with any fish. I try to eat fish twice a week. For a quick healthy dinner on a busy weeknight, this is simple and delicious.

Baked Garlic Lemon Tilapia
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 6 servings • Total Time: 15 minutes • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 199.5 • Fat: 7.2 g • Carb: 1.0 g • Fiber: 0.1 g • Protein: 33.4 g • Sugar: 0 g
    Sodium: 29.0 mg

Ingredients:
    6 (6 oz each) tilapia filets
    4 cloves garlic, crushed
    2 tbsp butter
    2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
    4 tsp fresh parsley [I'm not Giada so I used dried and it tastes fineee]
    salt and pepper
    cooking spray

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 400°.

Melt butter on a low flame in a small sauce pan. Add garlic and saute on low for about 1 minute. Add the lemon juice and shut off flame.

Spray the bottom of a baking dish lightly with cooking spray. Place the fish on top and season with salt and pepper. Pour the lemon butter mixture on the fish and top with fresh parsley. Bake at 400° until cooked, about 15 minutes.
  • ambersanford94
    Options
    my house is actually having tilapia tonight and whats really good is spraying the pan you'll be cooking in with some cooking spray (0 cal.) and then you sprinkle some blackening seasoning all over the fish also (0 cal.) its slightly spicy and very good. its the only way i'll eat my tilapia so if you're worried about calories thats another really good option because you only get the calories from the fish :)
    you can make it with some brown rice and some vegetables also.
    enjoy
  • bnfs2012
    bnfs2012 Posts: 29
    Options
    I fix this all this time!! Sprinkle fish with lemon pepper seasonings, slice a lemon into circles, put on top of each fish filet., make a pouch from aluminum foil, close up foil, bake at 350 ....it is soooooo good!!!
  • PAZlady
    PAZlady Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Pan fry with Old Bay and Cumin and make fish tacos.

OR

Mix tsp of mayo, parmesan cheese, and parsley. coat tilapia and bake at 400 for 12 mins.
  • evanpdixon
    evanpdixon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Tilapia is one of my favorites....bump!
  • stampinmama
    Options
    grab some mixed nuts, and put them through your food processor.... soak fillets in some milk & italian dressing - then coat with the nuts..... bake in greased baking dish at about 375 for a few minutes till they are flaky... YUMMO!
  • bamadwl
    bamadwl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Italian Tilapia, Dave style (aka me): Place the tilapia seasoned with a little black pepper and a healthy dose of italian seasoning in a pan and cover with a tomato relish that I make with fresh diced tomatoes, chopped onion, 1 tbsp olive oil & a splash of vinegar. Cover with foil and bake in the oven. It turns out excellent and it's very healthy.
  • missbrittany23
    missbrittany23 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like tilapia seasoned with Cajun seasoning. Wrap seasoned individual filets in aluminum foil and then bake or grill them. The cooking time varies according to the thickness of the filet but usually cooks in 5-7 minutes for small filets. When the filet flakes, it is cooked. A squeeze of lemon juice is a nice touch after it is cooked.

i need to try this one :)
  • bbchatter
    bbchatter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My "recipe" is similar to the first one. I say "recipe" because I just eyeball it to fit the number of filets I am cooking. Wash and dry tilapia. Place filets in baking dish. Preheat oven to 400. In a small bowl (I use a glass measuring cup) combine about 1/2 cup regular mayo, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, dash of dill weed, salt and pepper. Mix it up with a fork. Then mix in shredded cheddar to fill the measuring cup. Seems like a 1/4 cup of cheddar. Then I splash the filets with lemon juice. Cover the filets with the mayo/cheese mixture. I like to top it with Panko bread crumbs, but you can leave those out. I bake for about 20 minutes. The top gets a little browned and some other cheese on the edges gets crispy. I can't stand around watching the broiler. ;) So I just bake it. Kids love it! I love it!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    just season with whatever you like and bake it up! tilapia is also great in fish tacos!