old bay, lemon, fresh parsley and some smoked sea salt.. YUM
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    BUMP FOR RECIPES : )
  • musiche
    musiche Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Pan-fry filets with non-stick olive oil cooking spray.

Then make this sauce:
    - 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
    - 2 tbsp low fat mayo (80cal)
    - 1 tbsp honey mustard (10cal)
    - 1 tbsp relish (20cal)
    CALORIES: 110 (enough for 3 filets)

Mix up sauce and put over top of the filets. Yum, love it and eat it all the time!
  • getphit09
    getphit09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    All the recipes given sound great .. my wonderful thing for cooking tilapia is using my George Foreman grill. I like easy, simple and fast - spray the grill with a spray oil, season the tilapia to your taste, put it on the grill, walk away until its done (approx 8-10min).

With working all day, then working out - the George Foreman has become a close friend. ;-)
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Yum, bump!
  • 5tephoscope
    5tephoscope Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I fix this all this time!! Sprinkle fish with lemon pepper seasonings, slice a lemon into circles, put on top of each fish filet., make a pouch from aluminum foil, close up foil, bake at 350 ....it is soooooo good!!!

how long do you bake it for?
  • tara_seay
    tara_seay Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump for future use. :)
  • danielledimedio1985
    Options
    If anyone hasn't tossed this one in yet, TRY IT. It is.. UHMAZING. I believe it is a skinnytaste.com recipe. :3

Classic sauce of butter, lemon and fresh parsley goes perfect with any fish. I try to eat fish twice a week. For a quick healthy dinner on a busy weeknight, this is simple and delicious.

Baked Garlic Lemon Tilapia
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 6 servings • Total Time: 15 minutes • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 199.5 • Fat: 7.2 g • Carb: 1.0 g • Fiber: 0.1 g • Protein: 33.4 g • Sugar: 0 g
    Sodium: 29.0 mg

Ingredients:
    6 (6 oz each) tilapia filets
    4 cloves garlic, crushed
    2 tbsp butter
    2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
    4 tsp fresh parsley [I'm not Giada so I used dried and it tastes fineee]
    salt and pepper
    cooking spray

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 400°.

Melt butter on a low flame in a small sauce pan. Add garlic and saute on low for about 1 minute. Add the lemon juice and shut off flame.

Spray the bottom of a baking dish lightly with cooking spray. Place the fish on top and season with salt and pepper. Pour the lemon butter mixture on the fish and top with fresh parsley. Bake at 400° until cooked, about 15 minutes.

this is SO good, one of my favorite recipes! :love: skinnytaste.com is such a great site for healthy recipes!
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    *bump*

I got a bag of tilapia on sale a while back for a really good price. Only problem is my assumption that I like tilapia came from my experience at restaurants. It turns out I'm not that wild about it. Really liking the ideas on ways to cook it!
  • jessimurph
    jessimurph Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love tilapia because it has such a mild taste , you can do almost anything with it. I usually put it in some tin foil with asparagus sprinkle cracked black pepper, fresh garlic and squeeze half a lemon on it. Put it in the oven for 20 mins. Take the asparagus out of the tin foil and then put the fish back in the oven on broil to dry it out. ( that is if you don't like moist fish)

Enjoy!

This sounds amazing!
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lorinbc
    lorinbc Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bump
  • radeema
    radeema Posts: 161 Member