diet pills?

Options
I am thinking about adding a diet pill to my routin. I'm eating healthier and exercising. Seeing little results. Which ones have you used? Did they work or not?

Replies

• KlaMorgan
    KlaMorgan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been using QuikTrim Cleanse.. its a two week program and you take 4 pills 1 hour before going to bed, and 2 pills with your 2 biggest meals. It worked great!! Supressed my appetite, gave me energy but not too much.
  • PinkPaintedLady
    PinkPaintedLady Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i've been using the green tea mega-t pills. not to sure if they are working or not, but i've heard good things!
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are mostly placebo and many contain ingredients that may not be safe. I rather not do it myself but sometimes even the placebo can give someone a boost.
  • DaniKPudgie
    DaniKPudgie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I use the Mega-T green tea diet pills. It's not bad. It helps suppress my appetite and there's very little caffeine. I just take 1 before my biggest meal so I dont eat as much.
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been using QuikTrim Cleanse.. its a two week program and you take 4 pills 1 hour before going to bed, and 2 pills with your 2 biggest meals. It worked great!! Supressed my appetite, gave me energy but not too much.

I have not heard about Quiktrim Cleanse. Is it all natural? Where is it sold?
  • alleykat69
    Options
    I've heard about mega green-tea, but never tried it. Not all diet pills are the same. There is diet pills out there that is made up of all natural stuff. Just got to know what to look for.
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You're doing the hard work with exercise and nutrition. Why not stick with it and give it time?
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Natural doesn't mean safe! Give the process some time. It's taken me 8 1/2 months to get where I'm at now. Quick weight loss isn't always a good thing.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I've heard about mega green-tea, but never tried it. Not all diet pills are the same. There is diet pills out there that is made up of all natural stuff. Just got to know what to look for.

Natural =/= safe or effective

Not seeing results? Try harder with your diet and exercise
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Let's see..
    >Slimquick with green tea worked to lose 5lbs
    >Mango Thin is no good
    >Dex-L10 Helped curb appetite completely & never binged for the month I took it- that is a plus! Thinking about taking that again.
    >Hoodia (not sure which one exactly) it helped curb my appetite and helped me lose 20lbs
    >Cayenne Pepper from Walmart supplements helps boost metabolism & works well
    >Green Coffee Bean Extract Pills from Walmart- no good.
    >I wanted to try RealDose, it seemed legit... just very pricey for me at the moment.
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    OKAY OKAY I got the perfect magic pill.....
    It's called sweat and intensity. Shh keep it a secret.
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I was taking this slimming 'all natural from herbs' and blah blah blah coffee stuff, and it actually did work. It was amazing and I started dropping 4-5 pounds a week. Worked like a charm, that is, until I gained it all back because it didn't teach me what I needed to learn about diet and working out. Anyways, I found out not long after I stopped taking it that it is now banned in the US because it contained a drug that was causing major cardiac issues and death. Be careful with that stuff! You never know! Anyone can label something all natural.
  • MelodyPage
    Options
    I've tried just about every diet pill out there, acai cleanse, calorie control, jillian michaels, slimquick, appidexin, and more. My overall feel is that they don't work. They do give you 'energy' (aka a caffeine buzz!) but the weightloss is not a natural process so you end up gaining it back and more. I highly recommend not taking them. I've also stopped taking them and have been losing weight the old fashion way - through my diet and exercise routines. :)
  • HolyPeas
    HolyPeas Posts: 71
    Options
    Can I ask why you would want to do this? Do you really believe they do anything? And just to be clear thats a genuine question, I'm not trying to be a smart *kitten*.... It's just that being a nurse who also has a pharmacy background I know that none of these OTC (over the counter) claims are verified by ANY third party... Their clinical trials are paid for by them and carried out by the company also so you KNOW how they are going to report.....

I don't know, I just feel like its all broscience....
  • HolyPeas
    HolyPeas Posts: 71
    Options
    TO me it would even seem like taking something like a caffeine supplement would be more helpful, at least that would give you some energy
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...I don't know, I just feel like its all broscience....
    *Ding Ding Ding!!!*

You're absolutely right - the supplement industry has no verification and very little regulation. They all have the FDA disclaimer on the packaging, which basically says "We're full of crap, but we're telling you how fantastic this stuff is anyways....trust us!". They know exactly how far they can push their B.S. claims without running afoul of the FDA (although some occasionally step over the line and get smacked down for it), and they prey upon the desperation of consumers who badly want to hear that there's some way....ANY way....around all that yucky self-discipline and icky sweat.
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    A while ago I used phentermine..it really helped to suppress my appetite..its given by RX only. The thing is ..once you off of it..you go back to your old habits..best to exercise self control and discipline. Since joining MFP ive been doing the diet and exercise thing and lost the weight..you can do it too!
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I take green tea complex, garlic extract, alpha lipoic acid (100 mg), 3 x day and in the evenings just before bed I take cal-mag-zinc-D3 (one pill) and melatonin 3mg.
  • alleykat69
    Options
    Let's see..
    >Slimquick with green tea worked to lose 5lbs
    >Mango Thin is no good
    >Dex-L10 Helped curb appetite completely & never binged for the month I took it- that is a plus! Thinking about taking that again.
    >Hoodia (not sure which one exactly) it helped curb my appetite and helped me lose 20lbs
    >Cayenne Pepper from Walmart supplements helps boost metabolism & works well
    >Green Coffee Bean Extract Pills from Walmart- no good.
    >I wanted to try RealDose, it seemed legit... just very pricey for me at the moment.

Hoodie, green coffee bean, and rasberry ketone didn't work for me. Lichi Super Fruit from GNC did work.