American Tourist Scared of Canadians Wants Gun

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess I won't be asking anyone if they've seen the stampede then...

This! Or if you do prepare for it to be the last sentence you ever utter.... *pew pew* (that was the noise of my tiny finger guns*

Haha, It's pretty ridiculous that someone could take such an obvious attempt at being friendly as a sign that they were going to be assaulted or something.
    What if that tourist had been carrying a gun and acted there?
    Would have injured or killed two Canadians just trying to be friendly.
    Ugh, people!!

You have to understand how it is for some people. I was attacked by two men "attempting to be friendly"....no one here knows what their intentions were toward this couple. I'm not saying they were being hostile, but you don't know that they weren't.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I am in Colorado and we carry open and concealed. It is SO nice to know you are protected.
    Personally I prefer knowing that, so long as you stay away from organised crime, you're not at risk of being shot.

I've never gone near someplace that is known for crime or the criminal element. I lived in a nice, suburban community when a gun was pulled on me. I'd rather be carrying my own weapon and be able to defend myself then end up raped and/or shot.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    We absolutely should be allowed to open carry.

2 months ago, I was robbed at gunpoint on the street in front of my own home. Just getting out of my car. We have gun laws here, they werent "allowed" to carry the handgun they had. But they had it anyways, go figure...a criminal breaking the law and owning an unregistered firearm. If I had a gun on my hip, i highly doubt they even would have approached me.

Open gun laws dramatically reduce overall crime. Go look at Britain, zero guns and yet you are well over twice as likely to be a victim of a violent knife crime there than a victim of a violent gun crime here. and yes, knives do kill, quite easily.
    I am in Colorado and we carry open and concealed. It is SO nice to know you are protected.
    Personally I prefer knowing that, so long as you stay away from organised crime, you're not at risk of being shot.

Uh huh...that's what the anti gun fanatics say here in SF as well. It's been working out real well so far.
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Loving the stereotypical thoughts of what others think of us Americans:( Not all of us carry guns, own one, have fear or the need to own one. I think that media and the NRA have the world believing this. As a matter of fact the only people I know who own guns, own them to hunt wild game.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

2 months ago, I was robbed at gunpoint on the street in front of my own home. Just getting out of my car. We have gun laws here, they werent "allowed" to carry the handgun they had. But they had it anyways, go figure...a criminal breaking the law and owning an unregistered firearm. If I had a gun on my hip, i highly doubt they even would have approached me.

Open gun laws dramatically reduce overall crime. Go look at Britain, zero guns and yet you are well over twice as likely to be a victim of a violent knife crime there than a victim of a violent gun crime here. and yes, knives do kill, quite easily.

Uh huh...that's what the anti gun fanatics say here in SF as well. It's been working out real well so far.
    And I absolutely agree that is impractical to take guns out of America now they're there. Giving the public the freedom to carry them in the first place was the mistake. Removing them from civilians will still leave them in the hands of gangs and general criminals.

Also on knife crime in Britain; nearly all of it is restricted to gang and drug crime. Random stabbings are exceedingly rare.
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options

And I absolutely agree that is impractical to take guns out of America now they're there. Giving the public the freedom to carry them in the first place was the mistake. Removing them from civilians will still leave them in the hands of gangs and general criminals.

Also on knife crime in Britain; nearly all of it is restricted to gang and drug crime. Random stabbings are exceedingly rare.

Agreed on the knife crime rates in Britain. The murder rate in the USA is higher than that of the UK so it isn't a case of Britain bans guns and everyone goes out and stabs people instead. As this poster has pointed out, random knife crime is rare and there is currently stricter regulations and actions being taken about carrying a knife, too, which will hopefully reduce knife crime further in the UK.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    That guy makes Americans look like effin' idiots.

The Aurora shooting (which was absolutely tragic) and the Columbine shooting (equally tragic) in no way, shape, or form, prove that people should be allowed to carry concealed handguns.

What a nutjob. I think he secretly hates Canadians and just needed a reason to rant on them.

I disagree. That guy's actions makes HIM look like an idiot.

If you are going to take his action(s) and equate them to all Americans then that would be like me saying I saw a hooker in Canada so all the women in Canada are hookers.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    350da764.jpg
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options

Good luck, let me know how that works out for you.
  • dougt333
    Options
    Here you go. Canada has one third the gun kill rate of the U.S. but the same overall homicide rate. Switzerland who has the highest gun ownership rate in the world. Has one third the homicide rate of the U.S. or Canada.
    This is because they focus not on the question of "To carry or not to carry."
    But because dam near everyone is a member of their standing militia and has a state issued assault rifle. And they have even more handguns in circulation than that.
  • ironanimal
    Options

And again, it worries me that so many Americans seem unable to imagine a civilisation where you really can survive without a gun.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I live in Alaska and carry my Glock around everywhere. It's open carry up here and rather normal.
  • dougt333
    Options

And again, it worries me that so many Americans seem unable to imagine a civilisation where you really can survive without a gun.

I personally carry a laughably video game like arsenal of weapons everywhere I go. 007 Golden Gun on my hip. Halo Sniper Rifle at my side, and BFG on my back. It's like Grand theft Auto around here.
    Don't be silly. My comment was the fact that you think their are places in the world without crime. That not being around organized crime (the mafia I assume you mean) makes you safe. Random civilians never get shot. The news is all about fluffy kitty cats, ponies
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I feel strongly about this subject.

Responsible, well educated people should be welcomed to posess firearms, as well as to educate others and demonstrate proper use, handling, and responsible ownership of firearms. I cannot stress enough the need for more people who act responsibly that are firearm owners and less stories in the news about "small child finds parents gun and shoots self". THIS IS IRRESPONSIBLE FIREARM OWNERSHIP. Lack of education about firearms and proper handling lead to accidents. The wrong people with the wrong intentions cause crime. The right to bear arms is constitutional but a priviledge, in my opinion. Not every person in America deserves this priviledge.

I own firearms and other weapons for my personal, recreational, and protective use. I have been educated through all state regulations and in my state it is NOT easy to get a permit or to purchase a firearm. You bet your sweet behind if I get attacked I will be able to defend myself, I will not be sitting there wishing "hm, if only I wasnt so helpless" while being attacked. But hey thats me.

And when I have children, they will be educated too.
  • ironanimal
    Options

I personally carry a laughably video game like arsenal of weapons everywhere I go. 007 Golden Gun on my hip. Halo Sniper Rifle at my side, and BFG on my back. It's like Grand theft Auto around here.
    Don't be silly. My comment was the fact that you think their are places in the world without crime. That not being around organized crime (the mafia I assume you mean) makes you safe. Random civilians never get shot. The news is all about fluffy kitty cats, ponies
    No, I don't think anywhere is devoid of crime. When I say organised, I mean gang, mafia, drug related etc; anything involving a network of criminals rather than individuals.
  • dougt333
    Options

No, I don't think anywhere is devoid of crime. When I say organised, I mean gang, mafia, drug related etc; anything involving a network of criminals rather than individuals.
    ahh, and where are these places. I'm from Florida where everybody is bat chit crazy as* insane.
  • ironanimal
    Options
    ahh, and where are these places. I'm from Florida where everybody is bat chit crazy as* insane.
    You misunderstood. I agree with you that crime is everywhere :P
  • dougt333
    Options
    Doesn't matter have a gun don't have a gun, who cares. I'm probably being stupid for speaking publicly about owning guns in the first place. I should start pretending to be a liberal so people don't try to rob me of my guns. Or if they want to kill me I will be underestimated.