Bit of an odd question for the ladies...

Options
124»

Replies

• sandrajune72
    Options
    "standing up to check thigh gap" :laugh:
  • sandrajune72
    Options
    "standing up to check thigh gap" :laugh:

Ooo I do have a gap! But seriously, I would say it's all about the individual. We're all different shapes, and all bloody lovely with it! :wink:
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your help everyone :) I'm beginning to think it may be about the shape of the woman rather than the size.
    Lynn - have you ever walked 4 miles straight on a very hot day wearing a dress and nothing underneath but underwear? I hadn't experienced chafing until I did that. the sores were very angry and red and extremely painful. Now I'm too scared to walk any distance in a skirt or dress in case it happens again. I was hoping that I might get a gap once I lose weight but I'm almost at my goal and I'm not seeing one forming.

Also, I'm not wanting a gap because of how it looks, I'm wanting one because I don't want to be in physical pain any more when I walk long distances in a skirt or dress
    Why don't you wear some shorts? Who would walk that far in a dress?

::raises hand:: Me. I was working at a school in Africa and a skirt was a necessity. Shorts underneath made the heat worse, and I thought I was going to die. Many religious women I know also walk in skirts, as well as a friend of mine who bikes for fun, and my boss who runs marathons in a skirt.

Also, I don't own shorts (never found a pair that looked good on me, so don't own any I'd wear on their own) so that seems like an odd directive coming from one stranger to another.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    what is it about this topic that it has to reappear every month?

I think it is psychologically disturbing. The crazies appear out of nowhere to answer....

OP:
    thigh gaps are meaningless. Look at all of the gold medal winning women from the olympics. 99% of them had no thigh gaps.

okay. Reality. Please live in it and stop this stupid topic. It has NOTHING to do with "general diet and weight loss help".