What is something you are good at?

Options

Replies

• cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm good at learning new languages, remembering small details of a person/place/situation, travel planning, parallel parking, finding parking spaces in extremely crowded places like malls, packing light for a trip. I'm good at organizing events and keeping everyone else organized. I'm also very good at listening.
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Everything... no just kidding :) I'm very artistic and can draw rather well :)
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest strengths is writing.
    I can write anything well from a cover letter to a potential employer, to a full story for a book. I actually am a poet, and do poetry slams every Wednesday night at a cool bar/coffee shop downtown Columbus in front of a crowd. These poems are sometimes explicit, sometimes funny, and sometimes serious...I do it all. Lots of fun. :)

So how about you?

Poetry slams? how awesome!

I'm supposedly good at graphic design. I see myself as rather average in that area.

It's really fun! Especially since I do the slams with my dad. He is a really good poet. I love his work.
    And it's funny you mention Graphic Design. I am a full-time Art Director, and do Graphic Design, Web Design, and Interactive Media.

Ok..I'm jealous!! You are doing exactly where I'd like to take my career. I do graphic/web design (more like maintenance) for a university. It's not challenging or very creative here AT ALL. Although, great pay, good benefits. Can't complain.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Thinking outside the box.
  • SabrinaSt
    SabrinaSt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    singing
    photography
    makeup artistry
    drawing
    throwing tantrums
    being obnoxious
  • farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Photography. I love it. Every waking minute. I specialize in.... everything. Ha, seems like it since I don't specialize in a single genre even though everybody advises me that I must limit my focus (no pun intended). I do equestrian events, infant and toddler photography, maternity, weddings and senior pictures. It's just so much fun.

Now if I had enough ambition to make our business websites splashy, I could focus on what I love. Pun intended. :wink:
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Its a very creative brain trapped in a non-creative body!!!!

If only my hands could create what I see in my minds eye.

But I make hand painted wine glasses with cartoony faces for my friends.
    I make glass marbelized christmas ornaments.
    I make puppets, and I make jewelry.
    All in my free time and it comes in spurts, so right now I am not making anything because I am too busy with Grandson and health.
    There are pics in my profile if you want to check stuff out!!
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm an excellent baker---and several MFP members that have received care packages would agree :P

And being a flirt/tease. I'm quite good at that too :P
  • Ali155
    Ali155 Posts: 30
    Options
    Written communication...re-writing, editing, etc.
    Listening and relating to other people...and their viewpoints.
    Diffusing tense situations.
    My sense of humor is pretty "eclectic". :D
    I love most types of music and sing a lot when I'm driving, but I may be my only fan.
    I loved playing piano when I was younger...will have to buy one someday. :)
    Right now I'm pretty good at making healthyish food choices and getting myself to the gym. Yay!!
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm good at pissing people off--the art of offence. I'm so good at it that half the time I don't know that I'm unintentionally doing it.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I'm good at pissing people off--the art of offence. I'm so good at it that half the time I don't know that I'm unintentionally doing it.

I resemble this remark. :flowerforyou:
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options

I resemble this remark. :flowerforyou:

Resemble or Resent? Both are awesome. LOL
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    You must made me laugh. You remind me of a friend of mine. Hilarious!
  • leslielrd12
    leslielrd12 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Weirdly enough strip poker. I can't win at normal poker to save my life, but I've never lost more than my socks during a game of strip poker. And I'm really good at baking
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I competed in Nunchuka (nunchuks) competitions when I was in highschool. I can make some mean french toast.
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Tennis! And writing. I really enjoy writing. It's always been my favorite and best subject in school.
  • Polebarbie
    Options
    Pole dancing... Well I'm ok :)
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm really good at planning and organizing events. Parties, weddings, dinners, anything really. And I love doing it!
  • Ninalinda2012
    Options
    Sex, and I am not the one saying so
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Cooking & World of Warcraft... LOL Happens to be something I'm good at. Other than the obvious----oral sex. I'm married & my husband say's I'm amazing at it.