Books that SHOULD be made into movies?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Another vote here for The Dark Elf Saga and The Dark Tower Series.

But, seriously, Russel Crowe as Roland? Is that true? I really like Russel Crowe, but Roland is supposed to be tall and thin. I was thinking along the lines of Christian Bale or Ryan Gosling.

Oh, and Speaker for the Dead, my favorite of the Ender's Game series. I don't think that would ever be made into a movie, though, because it would require a more intelligent audience. And if you're making sci-fi, there has to be space battles and three-breasted women, or at least a giant iguana of some sort..
  • pattie317
    pattie317 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hummm.... definately... The Guardian..... by Nicolas Sparks...excelent book I really enjoyed it!
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Alex Kavas' Maggie O'Dell seris {there are ten books}.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    The Dark Elf Saga -- RA Salvatore

YES!

And the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, but I'm simultaneously terrified because if it's not perfect, it's gonna suck. And no mortal man can live up to the Jamie Frasier in my head.

Agreed. His character is too complex and wonderful to be ruined by the wrong actor. And Claire, as well. I can't think of a single famous actor or actress who could pull those characters off. Now, the guy that played Professor Moody in Harry Potter would make an excellent Colum MacKenzie.
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Agree about the Jack Reacher books, gutted that it's going to be Tom Cruise. I'd like to see the Gabriel Allon series (by Daniel Silva) made into films, I love them.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    The Iron Druid series by Kevin Hearne
    Deathstalker Series by Simon Green
    Vorkosigan Saga - by Lois McMaster Bujold
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
    The Joe Ledger Series - Jonathan Maberry
    The Divergent Series - Veronica Roth
  • Sara3066
    Sara3066 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Catch 22!
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm going to toss a vote in for the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

And the Dragonriders of Pern. Just to get my nerd on.

What say you, MFP bookworms???

As a huge fan Of the Black dagger Brotherhood Series I have to agree!
  • Ginerrva
    Options
    I think they should scrap the movie rendition of Eragon, and forget about it completely.

Then make a NEW version, that is much less child-friendly. You know, like the book actually is? Don't believe me? Read the first battle in the 3rd book, Brisingr.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I like the Black Daggerhood series...but which one would you produce? That would be a tough call.

I would love to see them try again with the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy but do a better job this time. I don't want a redo...just a move forward.

Another one that would be good would be Pamela Sargeant's Venus of Dreams (that whole series about colonizing Venus) and also Catherine Asaro's Skolian Empire series with the empaths and some really awful villains. Both would be pretty darn interesting.
  • missymoga
    missymoga Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    My book, although its not finished...would make a good movie, I believe. I post bits of it on my blog every once in a while if anyones interested.

http://dreambigbabydoll.blogspot.com/
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked through this thread so I'll just say the Dune books. Done by Peter Jackson. Win.
  • JourneyOfaVirgo
    JourneyOfaVirgo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The Coldest Winter Ever!
  • headoverhills
    Options
    let me preface by saying i am a middle school english teacher, but i will vote for THE GIVER.

Oh, The Giver would make a fantastic movie!

Fall of Giants and Winter of the World by Ken Follett, although those would have to be made into miniseries, like The Pillars of the Earth.
  • jubeesh
    jubeesh Posts: 156
    Options
    So many of the COULD be good movies, but I do not trust Hollywood to cast or script them correctly.

One for the Money for example. That book should have translated very well into a movie, but rather than make the necessary adjustments to the script (ala Hunger Games) they just have Heigl narrorate it. Killed any momentum it ever had. Plus Katherine Heigl (who I usually like) didn't consistently do the Jersey accent. I wouldn't have cared if she had skipped it all together, but since she didn't use it in some scenes, I was distracting when she did. Grandma Mazur was very miscast.

I completely agree. I was so disappointed with One for the Money. I LOVE the Stephanie Plum series and was so excited for the movie, but it was a total letdown. But If there was someone who could do it right, I would say Mudbound by Hillary Jordan, and The Monsters of Templeton by Lauren Groff could make a pretty good movies.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Roget's Thesaurus.