Eating more calories

Options
I have trouble eating enough calories EVERY day. Some days when I get to the end of the night, I still have a couple of hundred calories left. Rather than eating whatever I can find in the house, does anyone have any suggestions on good snacks to eat that will up my calories but not be detrimental to my diet. I am losing very slowly and I think it is partly due to not eating enough every day. I am by no means starving myself, if I am hungry eat. Any help is appreciated!!!

Replies

• Kikilicious84
    Options
    Peanut butter! :-D

That's all I can think of right now. lol
  • Pdkmcdet
    Options
    I am having the same issue. I am not hungry. I am eating breakfast, lunch, dinner and am and pm snacks.Drinking a lot of water. But I don't come up to the suggested calorie limit every day either. I think nuts are a good to eat because they contain "good fat and carbs" and are high in calories. I am trying to stay away from processed foods (peanut butter). Just trying to make healthier choices like fruits, veggies etc. which have lower calorie amounts. My weight loss is slow too and I agree with you that it's because of the lower calorie choices I am making. I think I too need to eat nut to make up the difference. Good luck.
  • Pdkmcdet
    Options
    Or what about a homemade soothie?
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options

was going to say this!
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Open up your diary.
    What is your current goal?
    How much do you weigh and what is your goal?

Also, a couple hundred assuming aren't falling below 1000 every day is fine..especially if you aren't working out.

I honestly wish I had this problem....staying under 1570 is driving me insane....and hungry.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    oil on your veggies, cooking oatmeal in milk, switching from nonfat to low fat dairy products, adding cheese on something. all will increase calories without increasing fullness.
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options

was going to say this!

Me too. Avocados come to mind too.
  • jfaysal
    jfaysal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Apple dipped in peanut butter....mmmmmmm!!!!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options

This, or nuts or greek yogurt.
  • SandraD89
    SandraD89 Posts: 809
    Options
    mixed nuts, raisin, Dried fruit, and clementines are my all go to snacks.
  • Cms5227
    Cms5227 Posts: 13
    Options
    I don't feel obligated to eat all the calories I'm allowed. Your body is the best indicator for what and how much you should eat. If you aren't hungry, don't eat. If you just started and you're working out a good bit, your appetite will increase in order to fuel the muscles (which burn more than fat). I know that shoving food into my mouth when I'm not hungry is what got me overweight in the first place.
  • Cgrnlaw
    Cgrnlaw Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I say nuts
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    apple or banana
  • clumsygermangurl
    Options

was going to say this!

Peanut butter and Avocados are great... Not so much together though!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options

Just don't eat it out of the jar. :laugh:

My staples are walnut halves and string cheese. You don't have to eat all your calories, especially if you're not hungry.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Good fats tend to be the easiest way to go, and TBH there is only so much peanutbutter one can consume, so I'd say mixed nuts, I personally love almonds, half an oz which is like 18 almonds can bee up around 100 calories. Avocado. seeds (Pumpkin, sunflower, chia) add to salads, or cereals. olive oil, add it too your cooked food, your salads. Drink milk (good proteins too!!)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I always save 100 to 150 calories at the end of the day and treat myself to a skinny cow ice cream! Other ways to beef up your calorie count is bigger portions, peanut butter, olive oil, avocados, nut, seeds..............glass of wine:smile:
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    Apple dipped in peanut butter....mmmmmmm!!!!

^^^^^ one of my favs!!
  • wayne4825
    wayne4825 Posts: 166 Member
    Options

was going to say this!

Peanut butter and honey.. Mmmmmmmmm.... I could kill 2000 cal in a day just on that. lol
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    The easiest way to do it is to bump up the calories of the things you're already eating- choose whole milk vs. skim, full fat cheeses, whole eggs instead of egg whites, cook with a bit of coconut oil, add a tbsp of PB to a smoothie or oatmeal, sprinkle ground flax seed on cereal, add some sliced almonds to a salad, sprinkle grated cheese on dinner.

Great snacks include fat, protein and carbs- try PB with apples or carrots, mozzarella sticks, 2% greek yogurt with fruit, 2% greek yogurt mixed with ranch dressing seasoning or onion soup mix and dipping with raw veggies, a handful of almonds and raisins, air popped popcorn with real butter, a piece of fruit and an ounce of cheddar, or a glass of milk with just about anything!