Eating more calories

Options
2»

Replies

• JPenny12
    JPenny12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I sometimes find I struggle with this as well. The best thing for me is to pre plan my days. That way I have a better idea of how many calories I will have left over and then I try to work in extra snacks or higher calorie items (nuts, oils, peanut butter) into my day rather than trying to eat a bunch of food at night for the sake of eating my calories.
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    "I know that shoving food into my mouth when I'm not hungry is what got me overweight in the first place. "

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs
    Carrots
    Raw veggies
    fruit
    nuts
    freeze grapes in a snack baggie, better then ice cream :)
    pickles if your under in sodium
    olives
    pretzels
    spoonful of peanut butter
    protein bars
    yogurt
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I made some homemade granola today and it is so good and pretty high in calories.
  • LessStephMoreLove
    Options
    Peanut butter really does the trick! but I never have that problem. :)
  • misticache
    Options
    I sometimes find I struggle with this as well. The best thing for me is to pre plan my days. That way I have a better idea of how many calories I will have left over and then I try to work in extra snacks or higher calorie items (nuts, oils, peanut butter) into my day rather than trying to eat a bunch of food at night for the sake of eating my calories.

I'm starting to do this but for the opposite effect. I want to make sure I can keep within my goals and keep my sugar low. Planning the meals for the whole day the day before is easier then deciding the day of and trying to burn off the remainder or skipping dinner because I ate to much during the day (i don't do this anymore but I have)
  • marie793
    Options
    I'm also having the same issue. If I'm hungry I will eat, but lately I just don't have much of an appetite and find myself way under my calorie limit for the day. I did start making protein shakes, but need to find healthy snack ideas.
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Add some extra virgin coconut oil to your diet. If you can't find a way to use it, just take a tablespoon straight. it's really good for you!
  • misticache
    Options
    I made some homemade granola today and it is so good and pretty high in calories.

Would you mind sharing your recipe?
  • kayrevan
    kayrevan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!!

I will try some of these ideas. I try to at least get 1200 calories in a day but there have been days when 800 or 900 is all I have gotten. I also walk/jog 3 to 5 days a week, so on those days I really worry because if I do not meet my regular clories there is no way I can eat the calories burned by exercise.

I do not want to eat when I am not hungry, that too is how I wound up being 5'8" and 234 pounds.

I will work on incorporating some of these things you all mentioned!
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have trouble eating enough calories EVERY day. Some days when I get to the end of the night, I still have a couple of hundred calories left. Rather than eating whatever I can find in the house, does anyone have any suggestions on good snacks to eat that will up my calories but not be detrimental to my diet. I am losing very slowly and I think it is partly due to not eating enough every day. I am by no means starving myself, if I am hungry eat. Any help is appreciated!!!
    Well, I don't know if it helps but I have similar issue so occasionally I kill leftover calories with a beer or two. It's good for the kidneys (so I've heard).
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Healthy snack - almonds, maybe a richer breakfast instead of using calories at night
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of chocolate milk just about every night at bedtime. It tastes delicious, is filling enough to kill any late night munchies, but not so filling that I feel "OMG, I can't possibly finish this!"
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    When I increased my calorie limit to maintenance, I added back some healthier versions of some much missed foods. I loved the social aspect of my coffee habit, but I had to go for no-calorie options. Now, I enjoy my Grande Mocha Frappachino Light w/ sugar free syrup for less than 130 calories. It wasn't worth it during my 1200 calorie days, but now I can enjoy something I really want that's not totally empty calories.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Almonds are 160 cals for 1/4 cup.