bump
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info, interesting stuff in there :D
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options

The simple equasion of eating less than the calories you consume doesn't work for everyone.

Unless you have a medical condition that interferes with your weight loss, then yes it does work for everyone.

Try Hypothyroidism for the medical condition that messes up your weight loss.

I have hypothyroidism and yet somehow I am still losing weight.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting it. I've bookmarked it for future reference. Lots of good ideas to add to my weight loss repertoire.
  • bbatson04
    bbatson04 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options

The simple equasion of eating less than the calories you consume doesn't work for everyone.

Unless you have a medical condition that interferes with your weight loss, then yes it does work for everyone.

Yes, that would be one that would give you problems.
  • JohnTheDroider
    Options
    I am going to read it tonight
  • dcain2
    dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Yes, that would be one that would give you problems.

Well Duh!!! It always kills me when someone says it doesn't work for everyone without revealing til later that they have diabetes, a thyroid condition, PCOS, insulin insensitivity. You have body functions that are out of whack due to a medical condition. You (the collective you not the poster quoted) are the excepttion. Consider it duly noted and assumed from here on out!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Shortened version:

1. Eat at a deficit
    2. Use common sense when making food choices
    3. Exercise often (choose something you enjoy so that you will stick with it)

I would call this "Better version" rather than "shortened version"

Agree. OP, I believe you meant really well and thanks for that. But, lists like this cause people to feel like they have to do too many things right or it won't work. There is also a lot of myth and broscience in the list. How many post do we see everyday that say I'm over 5 grams in my sugar column, will that ruin my diet? An article like this give people 49 more reasons to think like that. Also, what about all the posts that say, it's all just so complicated! I want to give up!

Follow the 3 things likst above and you'll do just fine. Simple as that.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

Most people who fail to lose weight don't do so because they're just bad at math and simply added the calories up wrong. Achieving a consistent calorie defecit is isn't easy for most people. Therefore, methods that help people eat less or burn more calories are very helpful. This article has some good info for people on how to get high calorie burns while exercising and also eat satiating foods. Altogether it was both entertaining and had some good info. Of course you have to take the info from any article like this with a grain of salt. Not all of the tips were great.