Bar Drink Recommendations

Options
2»

Replies

• sheshe128
    Options
    Happy bday! Make sure you go with seltzer over tonic. Soda water doesn't contain calories or sugar while tonic water (depending on the brand and serving size) can have a calorie count and grams of sugar below but close to regular soda.
  • VacationGirl82
    Options
    I always drink flavored vodka or rum (Cherry, strawberry, vanilla, etc) with diet Coke/Pepsi. It tastes awesome! It is sweet and you'll never think of it as diet. I also prefer some of the fruitier vodkas like blueberry with Diet Sprite, but most bars don't have that.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Wow...some of these drinks sound good! I'm not a big drinker, but have been having Mojitos lately. I like the sound of the diet coke/pepsi with flavored rums or vodkas. May have to try those soon! :D
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    OH! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EMILY!!!
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! :) I don't have any recommendations that haven't already been said, but I *will* say that if you're a rum&cola kind of gal, just bite the bullet and get regular Coke. Rum and diet Coke just tastes awful, it's not worth the saved calories in my opinion.

EDIT! You like fruity drinks - if they're made with fresh-squeezed juice instead of a mix or syrup, they will be lower in calories. Ask about this.

Oh, and it's not terribly diet-friendly what with the schnapps and all, but if you can, you should try an Irish Breakfast shot. It's two shots in quick succession; the first is a 50/50 mix of Jameson and butterscotch schnapps, and the second is orange juice. It tastes just like pancakes with syrup. I'm not sure how, some kind of ****ing gypsy magic or something, but it does and it's tasty.