Women VS Men

Options

Replies

• wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    It's not metabolism people. Men have more lean muscle mass naturally than women do. Men have more and larger muscle fibers than women so when they lift weights they can naturally put on muscle faster which, in turn, is going to cause them to have more lean muscle mass. More lean muscle mass means more efficient weight loss. Metabolism is not the reason, it's the after effect.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    It's a mixture of greater overall size, higher activity levels, and a larger ratio of lean mass to fat. Obviously none of those are universal, but neither is "men lose weight faster than women."

^^^ this

men are on average bigger and have on average a lower body fat percentage (therefore more of their overall weight is lean body mass). BMR is all the energy (calories) your body needs to keep the cells alive, so more cells = need more calories, and more muscle cells = need even more calories as muscle cells require a lot more energy than fat cells do. On top of that, male sex hormones make it easier for men to build muscle. More muscle = faster metabolism (i.e. more muscle cells using energy to stay alive).

When it comes to exercise calories, the heavier you are the more calories you burn during exercise, for the same reason why you'd burn more calories walking uphill carrying 30kg of bricks than if you walked up the same hill carrying 5kg of bricks.

However if you have a man who's 5'1", 180lb and 30% body fat he'll burn the same number of calories as a woman who's 5'1" 180lb and 30% body fat. He'll still find it easier to lose weight than the woman in this hypothetical example though, unless he has major hormonal problems, because having more testosterone means he'll build muscle more easily.

There's nothing magical about being male. Just larger size + testosterone.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Men have more and larger muscle fibers than women so when they lift weights they can naturally put on muscle faster

Orlly? Al this time I thought it was the testosterone.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Men work harder on the weight loss. When they are committed to it they do it. Women talk about the weight loss all the time but action is not that much.

Trolling? I sure hope so, because I didn't lose 60 pounds by just talking about it. O.o
  • mminor77
    mminor77 Posts: 313
    Options
    dis.gif
    Joker_popcorn.gif \m/

^^^ LMAO!
  • marniuk
    marniuk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Speaking from a non biassed point of view. apparently using weights can burn calories and sculp out bodies more efficiently than cardio alone....true? Not true? I don't know, this is just what i believe. the reason behind this theory it's that muscle is body tissue that will continue to work and burn calories (and surrounding fatty deposits) way after the workout session has ended. Although cardio is still effective and will improve overall health and fitness levels and can also contribute greatly to muscle toning, muscle usage may not have been as vigorous as using free weights.

Now your very unlikely to find a guy in a leotard partaking in an *kitten* shaking aerobics session...(nor me for that matter), a guys thing is 9 times out of 10 the gym...weights....lots of grunting....bicep kissing...and mirror watching ;).. Only joking guys. But the point I'm trying to make is that the average male naturally has more muscle than females. It is, therefore potentially easier for men to stay leaner, lose quicker, eat more calories than females...(no fair) because their BODIES work harder due to the greater muscle mass they have...(hard work lifting that remote when playing couch commando). Obviously if a couple compared their weight loss speed, it would be down to the individuals to pull their finger out.

Anyway to end my point of view, I would like to clear up why most men weigh heavier than woman....it's because their ego's are too big to match their heads....;) x
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    hook-line-sinker.gif
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    men tend to have a high matabalism and tend to turn fat into muscle faster than women do.

Actually fat is fat. It doesn't turn into anything resembling muscle.

Since we're on the topic, you don't pee out fat either.

The real reason has something to do with their wieners. I'm sure of it.

Says Freud...
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Men work harder on the weight loss. When they are committed to it they do it. Women talk about the weight loss all the time but action is not that much.

stooges_face_palm.jpg
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Our emotions get in the way. We take an emotional approach to eating and losing weight, they take a practical approach. And they have weiners.

Edit to add: and hormones.....
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    It's all that them there testeronies. And their ding-a-lings.

Our boobies make it super dooper hard. Always gettin' in the way and such.
  • PinkEnvyx
    PinkEnvyx Posts: 172
    Options
    It's all that them there testeronies. And their ding-a-lings.

Our boobies make it super dooper hard. Always gettin' in the way and such.

This! LOL HEE HEE
  • mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    Options
    men tend to have a high matabalism and tend to turn fat into muscle faster than women do.

Actually fat is fat. It doesn't turn into anything resembling muscle.

Since we're on the topic, you don't pee out fat either.

The real reason has something to do with their wieners. I'm sure of it.

OMFG! BwaHahahahaaa! That has to be it! Pffft!
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    you know women...there's a very convenient way to sap a mans testosterone that I'm sure he'll gladly agree to if you really get vindictive about your man losing more than you do...
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

tumblr_m8r7p8l9vF1qgqsks.gif
    [/quote]

hahahahahahaha!!!!!!! This is hilarious!!!!!!
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    1) Men are generally larger than their female counterparts and thus burn more on a daily basis just to live
    2) Men generally have more muscle mass than females and thus burn more calories on a daily basis (muscle burns 14 cal/lb; fat 2 cal/lb)
    3) Due to the above men can create larger caloric deficits much easier than females and would generally burn more calories doing the exact same exercise as their female counterpart. Example, the average male with a 2,500 calorie maintenance could easily reduce that to 1,500 to lose 2 lbs per week. The average female with a 1,500 calorie maintenance would starve at 500.

Blame it on the cavemen (and cavewoman)! :happy:
  • britlocs
    britlocs Posts: 124
    Options
    I think most women naturally store more body fat (and have more fat pads than men) for protection for child birth.You could argue the reason its hard to lose some fat,is because biologically, you're not supposed to be losing it.I think genetics come into play too.

Its unfortunate,just gotta work real hard.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    hmm.. based on the wiener evidence above, I am now hopeful that I can lose weight at a faster then average pace! thanks!
  • marniuk
    marniuk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    1) Men are generally larger than their female .
    The average female with a 1,500 calorie maintenance would starve at 500.

They wouldn't starve, they could feed off their ego's for weeks
  • mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    Options

you must be effing joking. I work my damn @ss off. In fact I don't even talk about my weight loss or my workouts unless someone asks me. I run/work out 6 days a week. I'd say that's pretty committed. have you looked at yourself? how hard are you working? I'd say it's a hell of a lot less than I am.

THIS..THIS...THIIIIIISSSSSS!!!!