I don't sweat???

Options
Is that odd? That I don't sweat. I mean I barely break a sweat. There have been days I have done both my billy blanks, ran/walked 2-3 miles and got in some strength training and still nothing. Not even walking 14 miles made me sweat. My body just doesn't do it. I don't understand what is wrong with me. I know I am working hard, I am pushing past all my boundaries I can feel myself wanting to quit but keep going and still no sweat. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this issue? I have been tested off the wall there is nothing wrong that they can see.

Replies

• Terryism
    Terryism Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to drink more? Beats me...
  • stillthesamegirl
    stillthesamegirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    AHHHH im the same way!! Like I dont even have to wear deodorant...When I work out, I just get hot but barely break a sweat ever. I've never even had a bead of sweat trip down my head. I thought I was the only one lol.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I don't sweat when I walk either. That would make day to day life pretty gross, actually, once I think about it. But it just sounds like you need to push harder and exert yourself a bit more. Stay hydrated, so your body has something to sweat out and get yourself a bit winded. Get the heartrate up and keep it up for awhile and I'd bet you'll start seeing some sweat. I don't really start full on sweating until a couple miles into a run, but then it just keeps building and I end up dripping, literally.
  • amyLhuff
    amyLhuff Posts: 102
    Options
    I didn't used to but now I pour sweat I think it has to do with how much water your taking in.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    My SIL is the same way. It's very uncomfortable for her on hot days!

I, on the other hand, look like I went swimming after a workout :blushing:
  • hiddensvelte
    hiddensvelte Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hydration is the first key. The second is to get a doctor's opinion as there is actually a medical condition about this and it may allow your body to overheat. Check with him/her and get their opinion!
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Just be glad and realise you're lucky! If you're not sure if you're working hard enough then try using a HRM to check.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    have you been on a low calorie diet for long?It happened to me,there was a time i stopped sweating and completely stopped losing weight.I was working with a personal trainer-they kept increasing the intensity of my workouts-i only ended up with bad knees.If you were on a low calories-it is a symptom of onset of adrenal fatigue-
    1.I cut down cardio-i only workout for 1 hour 5days a week.Never more than that-if possible dont workout eat at mainainance for a little while-allow your body to recuperate.
    2.Increased my food intake
    3.check your blood iron levels-could be anemia
    4.Make sure every bit of your calorie counts-malnutrition is highly the cause.

in my case all these were the causes-my doc asked me to do this.Good luck.Do Not starve yourself-its not worth it-i developed breaking nails,falling hair,pale skin,dry feet and hands etc...for me right now health is more important-im taking it slow now-i eat around 1700-1800 calories-lots of supllements-multivitamin,blood builder,calcium,magnesium,b complex.
  • alvinder_kaur
    Options
    but i have a problem sweating too much!!!
  • BellaRenee08
    Options
    have you been on a low calorie diet for long?It happened to me,there was a time i stopped sweating and completely stopped losing weight.I was working with a personal trainer-they kept increasing the intensity of my workouts-i only ended up with bad knees.If you were on a low calories-it is a symptom of onset of adrenal fatigue-
    1.I cut down cardio-i only workout for 1 hour 5days a week.Never more than that-if possible dont workout eat at mainainance for a little while-allow your body to recuperate.
    2.Increased my food intake
    3.check your blood iron levels-could be anemia
    4.Make sure every bit of your calorie counts-malnutrition is highly the cause.

in my case all these were the causes-my doc asked me to do this.Good luck.Do Not starve yourself-its not worth it-i developed breaking nails,falling hair,pale skin,dry feet and hands etc...for me right now health is more important-im taking it slow now-i eat around 1700-1800 calories-lots of supllements-multivitamin,blood builder,calcium,magnesium,b complex.

I have been on a low carb diet for almost a year. I was put on a very strict diet which i can say I have fallen off of quite a bit, when my pcos started spiraling out of control. I am also anemic and do take iron pills, I actually take a lot of medication a month, more then I want too but I have too.
  • UZBGIRL
    UZBGIRL Posts: 35
    Options
    It sounds like your pores are clogged,. Try sauna. Ones a week. it helps you to open your pores, you sweat and your body detoxifies. Drink water, as much as you can while sitting there. After 15 minutes take a shower and use this scrub. If you use this scrub in a sauna, hot place, sweat pours off your body.

Anti-cellulite body scrub with sea salt and sour cream (also helps to open pores and sweat)
    I mix together:
    1 cup of sour cream,
    1 cup of sea salt,
    2 - 3 drops of orange, grapefruit or lemon essential oil,
    then massage mix over damp skin in the areas affected by cellulite, after 10 minutes wash it off with warm water.
    I love this wonderful scrub, it works and also smells wonderful!

Your skin will be silky and beautiful. After couple of weeks (using of a sauna) i am sure you will start sweating :blushing:
    good luck!
  • timboom1
    timboom1 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Hydration is the first key. The second is to get a doctor's opinion as there is actually a medical condition about this and it may allow your body to overheat. Check with him/her and get their opinion!

^^This. Sweating is important when you are working out, if it isn't happening and it should be then get it checked out.
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I used to not sweat either. After I had my first child that changed. Now I am dripping sweat at the smallest warm up! Sweat is your body's way of cooling itself down, so make sure you stay hydrated!
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Lucky! I literally drip sweat all over whenever I workout, lol... even when I'm not exerting myself that much. Don't know why :ohwell:
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I used to not sweat either. After I had my first child that changed. Now I am dripping sweat at the smallest warm up! Sweat is your body's way of cooling itself down, so make sure you stay hydrated!

exactly what i was going to say. i never used to sweat. i, too, have pcos. maybe that has something to do with it? but now that i've had kids, i sweat like crazy, and wish i could go back to the days when i didn't sweat!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that there are other medical issues that can cause it as well but the one person that I know that says that she has never really sweat from working hard (and she worked out heavy in high school) has ciliac disease (her body can't digest wheat protine) and when we were talking about working out and she mentioned her lack of sweat I said that maybe it was related to her ciliac...she did so looking on the ciliac website and that is a big symptom of ciliac disease...if you are getting enough water, working hard and still no sweat, maybe talk to your doctor.
  • medibrat
    medibrat Posts: 30
    Options
    be super super careful with the low carb diets. They work, but they force your body to burn protein as well as fat, and that becomes really hard on your kidneys. (Incidentally, your adrenal glands are located on your kidneys, so if you stress them, you stress the adrenals. Stressed out kidneys and adrenals mean the way you excrete waste products-like sweat-is negatively affected.). I did a paper in university on all the low carb stuff...turns out they have zero long term studies, and while they do work in the short term, the side effects of what you end up putting your body through...I would just have a second look with a nutritionist. They may even be able to pull you off some of your meds.
  • Reebee22
    Reebee22 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hmmmmmmmm I WISH I didn't sweat - I rain instead of sweat!!!!! I agree with the hydration intake, drink more water :)
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Try keeping track your fluid intake and see where it's at. 6-8 glasses of water per day is suggested for an adult, but may want to consult a physician to make sure what's good for you. When I'm at a healthy level of activity and hydrating properly, I sweat buckets eating hot soup and even stretching. If you're getting in enough fluids, then check with your doc at your next check up.