30 Day Shred advice

Options
Has anyone completed the 30 day shred? How were the results? What are your comments on the workout? I am thinking of giving it a go since I have had it for 2 years and only completed 2 days of it :( but that was back when I first started this weight loss journey at 266lbs so now I am ready to fully get into it!! Thanks :)

Replies

• Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Has anyone completed the 30 day shred? How were the results? What are your comments on the workout? I am thinking of giving it a go since I have had it for 2 years and only completed 2 days of it :( but that was back when I first started this weight loss journey at 266lbs so now I am ready to fully get into it!! Thanks :)

Im doing it now. And while I didnt complete it I lost 4 lbs in the first in my first 6 workouts and several inches all over. Im on day 12 and Ive lost 7lbs total now and a couple more inches. I love the workout AND its only 20 minutes and gives great results fast :-)
  • alord426
    alord426 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    That's awesome results!! Thank you so much for the feedback!! I can't wait to give it a try again and complete it this time!
  • Itssojen
    Itssojen Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    As far as losing weight on this program, everyone is different. I'd lost 22 pounds before I started it, and I'm within range of my goal weight now. However, 30DS has caused me to gain weight - just 1.5 pounds, but still. I know it's muscle, though, because everything on my body is tightening up. My profile photo is from only 7 days of 30DS (plus C25K and some softball)...you can look at my bikini picture in my photos from before I started and see a difference.

I know quite a few people gain weight on this as well, but it's from muscle because I know good and well that I'm not eating anywhere close to enough to gain a pound of anything else LOL. I watch my calories religiously, so I know it's muscle and quite possibly water as the muscles are recovering. I'm choosing not to weigh myself again until roughly 5 days after I finish 30DS so the water in my muscles can be absorbed and I can settle back down.

Overall, this program gives you great results in a quick amount of time. I'm a little afraid to start L2 as I've heard that's the hardest, but it's all worth it in the end!
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Im using level 2 as a general workout when not at the gym and I much prefer it to level 1. Yes the planks are hard and they hurt like hell but I just enjoy the level much more
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    As far as losing weight on this program, everyone is different. I'd lost 22 pounds before I started it, and I'm within range of my goal weight now. However, 30DS has caused me to gain weight - just 1.5 pounds, but still. I know it's muscle, though, because everything on my body is tightening up. My profile photo is from only 7 days of 30DS (plus C25K and some softball)...you can look at my bikini picture in my photos from before I started and see a difference.

I know quite a few people gain weight on this as well, but it's from muscle because I know good and well that I'm not eating anywhere close to enough to gain a pound of anything else LOL. I watch my calories religiously, so I know it's muscle and quite possibly water as the muscles are recovering. I'm choosing not to weigh myself again until roughly 5 days after I finish 30DS so the water in my muscles can be absorbed and I can settle back down.

Overall, this program gives you great results in a quick amount of time. I'm a little afraid to start L2 as I've heard that's the hardest, but it's all worth it in the end!

Yes Im also very nervous to start level two. I've done 12 days of level one.lol. I think I will move on after a couple more go's at level one...I've too have heard that some people gain weight from muscle growth and/or water weight. They usually report several inches lost as well. Don't you just love the 30DS !?
  • alord426
    Options

Thanks Jen. And I just looked at your before and current and you are looking great!!! Keep it up :) See I have heard about gaining as well while doing the 30DS which scares me since I still have 30-35lbs more to lose. I do need to tighten up badly though so this is another reason why I want to do this work out.
  • alord426
    Options
    Im using level 2 as a general workout when not at the gym and I much prefer it to level 1. Yes the planks are hard and they hurt like hell but I just enjoy the level much more

I can only imagine how much harder level 2 is lol I remember doing D1 on Level 1 back when I wasn't in shape and thought I was going to die lol thanks for the comment!
  • alord426
    Options

Yes Im also very nervous to start level two. I've done 12 days of level one.lol. I think I will move on after a couple more go's at level one...I've too have heard that some people gain weight from muscle growth and/or water weight. They usually report several inches lost as well. Don't you just love the 30DS !?

I am so anxious to try it lol but nervous about the gain since I have more weight to lose :/ and I def need to take before measurements!!!!
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options

I can only imagine how much harder level 2 is lol I remember doing D1 on Level 1 back when I wasn't in shape and thought I was going to die lol thanks for the comment!
    That will make Jillian happy. In L2 she does actually say "I want you to feel like you're going to die!!!". Sounds like you'll fit right in!
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    30 DS was my first JM workout. My tips are
    - STRETCH. STRETCH. AND STRETCH. I hadnt trained for a couple of months prior to 30 DS so first week the pain in my thighs was really bad. The stretch and cooldown in the video is a bit short in my opinion.
    - Up the weights as soon as you feel able! You are way stronger then you think, push yourself to the limit and you will get results!
    - Work through the pain! First few days are hard but keep at it, its just a matter of getting used to it! If you take your restday to soon, less then four days in to the program you run the risk of not starting again!
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through level 2 (and halfway through overall). It's definitely a tough workout, especially since I was a beginner when I got started. Level 1 was hard for me but got easier a few days in. Level 2 is still killer but it's targeting the area I'm most interested in (my abs), so I'm really pushing myself to stick with it. I've heard a lot of people love level 3, so I'm intrigued about it.

I remember how hard the jumping jacks and jump ropes were for me at the beginning of level 1, and now that's the "easy" part of level 2. I don't say that to scare you, just to give you an example of how much improvement you can get in a short amount of time.

I gained about a pound initially and it hung around for a few days, and then all of a sudden I was down a pound from my starting weight (or down 2 if you count the one I gained). Now I'm almost 2 pounds down from my starting weight. I don't have much to lose, so that's pretty good. I can definitely tell a difference in my core. I measured after I finished level 1 and had lost a few inches overall, but I think I'll see more of a difference in inches after level 2.
  • alord426
    Options
    30 DS was my first JM workout. My tips are
    - STRETCH. STRETCH. AND STRETCH. I hadnt trained for a couple of months prior to 30 DS so first week the pain in my thighs was really bad. The stretch and cooldown in the video is a bit short in my opinion.
    - Up the weights as soon as you feel able! You are way stronger then you think, push yourself to the limit and you will get results!
    - Work through the pain! First few days are hard but keep at it, its just a matter of getting used to it! If you take your restday to soon, less then four days in to the program you run the risk of not starting again!

Thank you so much for the great tips!!! I was actually thinking about the weights last night and buying some. What size did you start out with??? I have 5lb weights at home.
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I just did L2D3 (day 13) this morning and I also had a weigh in as soon as I woke up:

started at 158 on 7/31 and this morning was at 153.2 - lost 4.8 in 2 weeks!

I haven't done my 15 day measurements yet but it's definitely noticeable on the scale! My tummy and love handles feel a little bit smaller too! My endurance is increasing with each day also. I'd totally recommend it to someone who is trying to get into a work out routine.
  • leappleton
    Options
    Hi, I'm on day 3 of level 3. When I started I thought level 1 was ok, not as bad as I had anticipated but a very good workout. When I moved on to level 2 it felt like level 1 was just a warm up for level 2 now it feels like 1 and 2 are warm ups for level 3!
    I spent 15 days on level 2 as my upper body strength wasnt great and I didnt want to move on until I could do the full level on Natalie's moves, I felt very proud when I had completed it!
    Level 3 is a whole new beast, much more about strength but it feels like this is the level that is really going to make me 'shredded'!
    I havn't lost much so far in the way of pounds but I have lost an inch from my thighs, 2 inches from my waist and an inch around my upper arms, very excited to see the results after mastering level 3 in a couple of weeks.
    Highly recommended and good luck! x
  • alord426
    Options
    I'm halfway through level 2 (and halfway through overall). It's definitely a tough workout, especially since I was a beginner when I got started. Level 1 was hard for me but got easier a few days in. Level 2 is still killer but it's targeting the area I'm most interested in (my abs), so I'm really pushing myself to stick with it. I've heard a lot of people love level 3, so I'm intrigued about it.

I remember how hard the jumping jacks and jump ropes were for me at the beginning of level 1, and now that's the "easy" part of level 2. I don't say that to scare you, just to give you an example of how much improvement you can get in a short amount of time.

I gained about a pound initially and it hung around for a few days, and then all of a sudden I was down a pound from my starting weight (or down 2 if you count the one I gained). Now I'm almost 2 pounds down from my starting weight. I don't have much to lose, so that's pretty good. I can definitely tell a difference in my core. I measured after I finished level 1 and had lost a few inches overall, but I think I'll see more of a difference in inches after level 2.

I applaud you all for doing Level 2! JM is a tough cookie lol and L1 was hard for me so I can only imagine. Thanks for the comment. I am definitley in need of toning and getting my abs back down to size since having my son 2 1/2 years ago. Thanks :)
  • alord426
    Options
    I just did L2D3 (day 13) this morning and I also had a weigh in as soon as I woke up:

started at 158 on 7/31 and this morning was at 153.2 - lost 4.8 in 2 weeks!

I haven't done my 15 day measurements yet but it's definitely noticeable on the scale! My tummy and love handles feel a little bit smaller too! My endurance is increasing with each day also. I'd totally recommend it to someone who is trying to get into a work out routine.

Wow that is great results!!! Keep it up :) thanks!! I have never taken measurements which I kick myslef for because I know I have lost a lot of inches since starting my journey but I will def do measurements when starting 30DS!
  • alord426
    Options
    Hi, I'm on day 3 of level 3. When I started I thought level 1 was ok, not as bad as I had anticipated but a very good workout. When I moved on to level 2 it felt like level 1 was just a warm up for level 2 now it feels like 1 and 2 are warm ups for level 3!
    I spent 15 days on level 2 as my upper body strength wasnt great and I didnt want to move on until I could do the full level on Natalie's moves, I felt very proud when I had completed it!
    Level 3 is a whole new beast, much more about strength but it feels like this is the level that is really going to make me 'shredded'!
    I havn't lost much so far in the way of pounds but I have lost an inch from my thighs, 2 inches from my waist and an inch around my upper arms, very excited to see the results after mastering level 3 in a couple of weeks.
    Highly recommended and good luck! x

That is awesome!!! WTG :) what equipment do you need for the 30DS besides weights??? I am more aware that I can gain and I will be ok if I lose inches instead of pounds but I do want to get down to my goal weight by next summer but I know losing inches is just as good!
  • ahmommy
    Options
    I applaud you all for doing Level 2! JM is a tough cookie lol and L1 was hard for me so I can only imagine. Thanks for the comment. I am definitley in need of toning and getting my abs back down to size since having my son 2 1/2 years ago. Thanks :)
    I have a 3.5 year old and a 6 month old, so I know exactly what you mean! After my first it took me a long time (like over 2 years) for me to realize that it was going to take hard work to get back into shape. This time I'm not waiting so long. I was lucky enough to lose most of the baby weight while nursing this time, and I'm actually starting to see a little muscle in my abs peeking through. Now I just need to reduce body fat percentage. Keep it up, you can do it!

You look great in your profile picture, by the way! Amazing progress!
  • charity97
    Options
    sorry I am new to the site what is 30DS? I think I am understanding it is a Jillian Micheals work out program and if so where can I purchase it form?
  • ahmommy
    Options
    sorry I am new to the site what is 30DS? I think I am understanding it is a Jillian Micheals work out program and if so where can I purchase it form?
    Yes, it's a Jillian Michael's DVD workout. You can find all three levels on youtube for free, or you can buy the DVD from amazon, or in stores. I've seen it at Walmart. All you need is a set of handweights and a mat if you're on hard floors.