30 Day Shred advice

Options

Replies

• alord426
    alord426 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I applaud you all for doing Level 2! JM is a tough cookie lol and L1 was hard for me so I can only imagine. Thanks for the comment. I am definitley in need of toning and getting my abs back down to size since having my son 2 1/2 years ago. Thanks :)
    I have a 3.5 year old and a 6 month old, so I know exactly what you mean! After my first it took me a long time (like over 2 years) for me to realize that it was going to take hard work to get back into shape. This time I'm not waiting so long. I was lucky enough to lose most of the baby weight while nursing this time, and I'm actually starting to see a little muscle in my abs peeking through. Now I just need to reduce body fat percentage. Keep it up, you can do it!

You look great in your profile picture, by the way! Amazing progress!

Thats great!!! I pray I can get in shape before I have another child so that way it won't be as hard to lose weight and get back into shape after having him/her lol but that isn't for another year or so. And thank you :) I love all of the great support and advice from this post!
  • alord426
    Options
    sorry I am new to the site what is 30DS? I think I am understanding it is a Jillian Micheals work out program and if so where can I purchase it form?
    Yes, it's a Jillian Michael's DVD workout. You can find all three levels on youtube for free, or you can buy the DVD from amazon, or in stores. I've seen it at Walmart. All you need is a set of handweights and a mat if you're on hard floors.

Yep. I got mine from amazon but didn't know they were on youtube... thanks for the heads up!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I am doing 30DS and have not lost much weight, but my arms are starting to look great! :flowerforyou:
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    sorry I am new to the site what is 30DS? I think I am understanding it is a Jillian Micheals work out program and if so where can I purchase it form?

Yes it is a Jillian Workout program. and it has 3 levels expected to be completed in 30 or so days. Most ppl do each level for 10 days. But plenty of ppl stretch it out, do it at their own pace and advance when they are ready. It can be found at most retail stores. I got mine from Target for 9.99
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I want to buy the DVD but I hadn't read any real reviews on it. I've seen before and after pix, but I saw those with P90X and assumed I could do it too!

Thanks for the insiders view, I think I'll grab it.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I did 30 Day Shred followed by Ripped in 30. This is a progress photo from both.

7461823074_57be0e7e5c_z.jpg

I wrote about my results in my blog here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mariposa224

30 Day Shred got me well on my way, I think I lost "only" 4 lbs & 4 inches, but I gained a lot of endurance and it got me going, as I needed it to. I lost 9 more inches, I forget the lbs by following it with Ripped. All the info is in my blog though. Best wishes for much success to you!
  • alord426
    Options
    I am doing 30DS and have not lost much weight, but my arms are starting to look great! :flowerforyou:

That's awesome!!!! I need to get rid of my "angel wings" lol so I am hoping for toner arms!
  • alord426
    Options
    I did 30 Day Shred followed by Ripped in 30. This is a progress photo from both.

I wrote about my results in my blog here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mariposa224

30 Day Shred got me well on my way, I think I lost "only" 4 lbs & 4 inches, but I gained a lot of endurance and it got me going, as I needed it to. I lost 9 more inches, I forget the lbs by following it with Ripped. All the info is in my blog though. Best wishes for much success to you!

Great progress photos!! Is Ripped in 30 by JM as well?? I am very excited to start this now!!! thanks :)
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I completed it in 40 or so days, so don't worry about it if it takes you a little longer. I liked it so much (and felt such a difference) I bought Ripped In 30 on the 4th day!! I went to Level 2 a little sooner because Level 1 was easier, but don't let that fool you. It's a tough DVD and will require determination to get through it.

As others have mentioned, the DVD is not so much about losing weight as it is about toning, and I don't think I lost any weight (except a couple pounds). My body though was a lot different!

Don't forget to take before/after pics. You can do a seach for "30 day shred" and you'll find a lot of people who have completed the DVD.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I currently re-started this DVD. I did it once before and only made it to day 15 (Level 2 Day 5) - and Level 2 is HARD but I felt so good once I was done. I am currently on day 5 and I did gain 2 but I've lost them. I think we shouldn't be too afraid of gaining because it's muscle mass/water weight. I don't think I will gain an incredible amount either...look at the bright side..we are toning our muscles (which is something I desperately need).

I still have about 20 lbs to lose till goal weight.

Keep it up guys!!! :)
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

Great progress photos!! Is Ripped in 30 by JM as well?? I am very excited to start this now!!! thanks :)

Yep, it sure is. I actually liked it a lot better than the Shred, but I feel like if I hadn't done the Shred first, I would've had a much more difficult time with Ripped. :smile:
  • alord426
    Options
    I completed it in 40 or so days, so don't worry about it if it takes you a little longer. I liked it so much (and felt such a difference) I bought Ripped In 30 on the 4th day!! I went to Level 2 a little sooner because Level 1 was easier, but don't let that fool you. It's a tough DVD and will require determination to get through it.

As others have mentioned, the DVD is not so much about losing weight as it is about toning, and I don't think I lost any weight (except a couple pounds). My body though was a lot different!

Don't forget to take before/after pics. You can do a seach for "30 day shred" and you'll find a lot of people who have completed the DVD.

Thanks! After reading all these reviews I am noticing it is more for toning like you said which is what I need BADLY!!!! And thanks for encouraging that it can take more than 30 days :) I know it will be tough but I know it can be done!!
  • alord426
    Options
    I currently re-started this DVD. I did it once before and only made it to day 15 (Level 2 Day 5) - and Level 2 is HARD but I felt so good once I was done. I am currently on day 5 and I did gain 2 but I've lost them. I think we shouldn't be too afraid of gaining because it's muscle mass/water weight. I don't think I will gain an incredible amount either...look at the bright side..we are toning our muscles (which is something I desperately need).

I still have about 20 lbs to lose till goal weight.

Keep it up guys!!! :)

That's awesome. You're doing great :) thanks for the comment!!!
  • alord426
    Options

Yep, it sure is. I actually liked it a lot better than the Shred, but I feel like if I hadn't done the Shred first, I would've had a much more difficult time with Ripped. :smile:

Thanks!! Once I complete 30DS I will definitley invest in the Ripped in 30!! :)
  • alord426
    Options
    I want to buy the DVD but I hadn't read any real reviews on it. I've seen before and after pix, but I saw those with P90X and assumed I could do it too!

Thanks for the insiders view, I think I'll grab it.

Good luck!! :)
  • grimsin
    grimsin Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I finished day 26 this morning, lost 8 or so pounds, won't know inches till I get measured on sunday when I finish :)

I have a 7 foot ceiling in my trailer, when I started I was far from banging my head on the ceiling (I'm 5'7), now I can't do a full vertical jump or I'll crash my head into it :) progress progress
  • moxleye
    moxleye Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am on day 10 of level 1. I can't wait to start level two even though it sounds as if it is REALLY hard.
    On the 1st day I could only complete 6 modified push ups on day 9 I made it to 30! I only bought 2lb weights and am now regretting it. I though since I haven't exercised in over 4 years that two years would be enough but by about day 6 I wanted heavier weights. Now I just need to wait till pay day. I have lost 3 pounds since starting.
  • alord426
    Options
    I finished day 26 this morning, lost 8 or so pounds, won't know inches till I get measured on sunday when I finish :)

I have a 7 foot ceiling in my trailer, when I started I was far from banging my head on the ceiling (I'm 5'7), now I can't do a full vertical jump or I'll crash my head into it :) progress progress

LOL that is great progress!! Keep it up :)
  • alord426
    Options
    I am on day 10 of level 1. I can't wait to start level two even though it sounds as if it is REALLY hard.
    On the 1st day I could only complete 6 modified push ups on day 9 I made it to 30! I only bought 2lb weights and am now regretting it. I though since I haven't exercised in over 4 years that two years would be enough but by about day 6 I wanted heavier weights. Now I just need to wait till pay day. I have lost 3 pounds since starting.

Keep up the good work!! :) Yeah I have 2lb weights as well but definitly will start out with 5's.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I completed the full 30 days, doing ten days of each level and only took one rest day at the start of level three. I had great results! I've moved on to Ripped in 30 now.

I find that the first five days are the hardest.. Most people give up within that time frame I think. Stick it out! You'll be so much stronger in the end. I thought I was going TO DIE the first four-five days (I was really really out of shape and not exercising at all) but now I can get through any of the levels and now RI30.

Link to my results:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/683568-30-day-shred-results-photos