GOING ON HOLIDAY! SCARED ABOUT WEIGHT GAIN! HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• Anya06
    Anya06 Posts: 95
    Options
    i was worrying about my holls too but now i think its no point I am only young once and shall enjoy myself,will try and make good choices but wont be too strict on myself...so my advise relax enjoy yourself and just get back into it as soon as you get back and you will be surprised it will com off quick as it will mostly be water weight,as like someone explained it to me on hete to put a pound in fat you would need to eat 3500 cals on top of ur allowance which is inpossible xxx have a great holls xx
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    we go to sardinia every year...it is our family holiday. last year, i was so obsessed, i brought my home scale with me and weighed myself everyday. that definitely kept things in check! i also walked everyday, drank water to no end, didn't drink one drop of alcohol and ate NO carbs. at the end of the trip = no weight gain.

this year, i threw all the rules out the window. i ate EVERYTHING, drank EVERYTHING, did NOT exercise and did NOT weigh myself. everyday was a binge. as a result, i had a horrible time, i felt fat the entire trip and i never once took off my coverup when we were on the beach. i literally felt like a whale. and to top all that off, i came home to an almost 10lb gain.

so...moral of my story is next year, i will not be as strict as last year and i certainly won't be as lacksy daisy as this year. somehwere in between would be great. enjoy the good stuff in moderation but stay within some sort of boundary. i figure if i approach it this way, i will only gain 4-5lbs instead of 10lbs.

just keep in mind...it's a holiday. you have to enjoy yourself a little bit. you don't have to "go to town" but you can certainly indulge.

p.s. but definitely keep the alcohol consumption low. i've read that alcohol can slow the metabolism down for up to 3 days after consumption. if that is true, that is a scary thought.
  • beckydunks
    beckydunks Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for all your support!

I just don't want to blow my hard work lol

We will be walking to places as we have no transport while we are there, as for the night time i will be sticking to voda and diet coke! :)

It's also nice to know that people are in the same boat or have bee, it's incouraging to know you lost the weight you put on and more when you got back too :)

Thanks everyone :)